What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited June 2013
    That the juice of one lime makes for a perfect Margarita , along with 1 1/2 shots of good tequila and 1 shot of triple sec , salted rimmed glass .......

I learned this also. :thumbup:
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    My friend chased a woman who stole $300 worth of meat from her shop and got punched in the face. My friend then hit the woman so hard in the face that she knocked her out! :shock: :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:
    My friend chased a woman who stole $300 worth of meat from her shop and got punched in the face. My friend then hit the woman so hard in the face that she knocked her out! :shock: :thumbup:

OMG! meat?

HA! HA... I'm lmfao!

sausages? steaks?

WOW! serious meat issues! I love it! :lol:

Power to your friend. Slapped her with a turkey neck? JK! Awesome!!!!!

Stoopid thieves. :nono:
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    My best friend is a sweetheart but she's a tough cookie. This idiot really messed with the wrooooong girl. :lol:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

OMG! meat?

HA! HA... I'm lmfao!

sausages? steaks?

WOW! serious meat issues! I love it! :lol:

Power to your friend. Slapped her with a turkey neck? JK! Awesome!!!!!

Stoopid thieves. :nono:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    STAYSEA wrote:
    That the juice of one lime makes for a perfect Margarita , along with 1 1/2 shots of good tequila and 1 shot of triple sec , salted rimmed glass .......

I learned the same"
    substitue Grand Marnier for the triple sec and that's the perfect Margarita. Blue Aguave Tequila only... :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    An diesem Wochenende lernte ich, wie man Übertragungsflüssigkeit für ein durch bayerische Motorarbeiten verfertigtes Auto ersetzte.

Ich genoß wirklich das.

Honestly, I did. ;)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Loulou wrote:

327399.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I learned my neighbour is far more inconsiderate than I already thought (live in townhome complex)... hired a roofing company to roof her unit on a Sunday starting at 7 AM ... the only day of the week my wife gets to sleep in ... to top it off a big roof vent was thrown on on our deck which could have hit my wife or dog ... which resulted in a discussion with roofers to be more careful, which should have been her job. And she could have notified neighbours or at least had roofers start around 9 or 10, especially on a Sunday.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,179
    callen wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I learned the same"
    substitue Grand Marnier for the triple sec and that's the perfect Margarita. Blue Aguave Tequila only... :D

I add the Marnier after i've poured the margarita into a glass it sinks right to the bottom for a great finish try it :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    That a surprising number of parents are perfectly willing to dangle their small children over a deadly waterfall while standing on a slippery rock.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That a surprising number of parents are perfectly willing to dangle their small children over a deadly waterfall while standing on a slippery rock.

Nothing wrong with that!

I learned the snow has only retreated to about 8,000 feet...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Nothing wrong with that!
    No.... only 3 people have died there this season so far because they got too close to the edge. I guess that's not THAT bad for this point in the season... the number probably won't get over 10 by the end of August. :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Nothing wrong with that!
    No.... only 3 people have died there this season so far because they got too close to the edge. I guess that's not THAT bad for this point in the season... the number probably won't get over 10 by the end of August. :?

Sounds like Yosemite... where are your idiots at?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Loulou wrote:

327399.jpg

:lol:

I was about the post the exact same image.

I started re-watching all the episodes from Season 1 onwards last week...

:lol:

I learned that apparently Presidente is the only beer served in the dominican republic... and that Rum Punch might be one of my favorite drinks... right up there with a good whiskey sour. :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Nothing wrong with that!

Sounds like Yosemite... where are your idiots at?
    Golden Ears Provincial Park. See, the people like to dangle children or goof around right about where what looks like that little kid is standing in this photo. :fp: (and that's nothing - that is later in the summer when the runoff isn't flooding through. Right now those falls are quadruple the size)

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Golden Ears Provincial Park. See, the people like to dangle children or goof around right about where what looks like that little kid is standing in this photo. :fp: (and that's nothing - that is later in the summer when the runoff isn't flooding through. Right now those falls are quadruple the size)

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg

D'oh!

I have books recounting deaths in each of the National Parks in America and Yosemite is well out in front. A lot of rock climbers die there, but I was amazed at how many idiots get washed over falls every year, mostly by wading out into the river right above the falls for a good pic and then someone slips...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg

D'oh!

I have books recounting deaths in each of the National Parks in America and Yosemite is well out in front. A lot of rock climbers die there, but I was amazed at how many idiots get washed over falls every year, mostly by wading out into the river right above the falls for a good pic and then someone slips...
    Exactly. :nono:
    Yeah, I heard that 2 or 3 just died at Yosemite on the weekend. :( One over the falls, one from a rock falling on his head when his climbing partner accidentally dislodged it above him. Oops.
    edited June 2013
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg

D'oh!

Oh, and it happens because of this, too - you can see on the right side that the waterfall suddenly starts right at the edge of this beautiful spot once the runoff has stopped. The waterfall begins about 1 foot out of this photo. People get caught in the undertow from that while swimming in this deceivingly amazing and calm swimming hole. And of course the people who jump on the cliff there into the pool and break their necks are also a factor. :fp:

GoldenEarsPark06.jpg
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg

D'oh!

Exactly. :nono:
    Yeah, I heard that 2 or 3 just died at Yosemite on the weekend. :( One over the falls, one from a rock falling on his head when his climbing partner accidentally dislodged it above him. Oops.

Still, has to be better than getting boiled alive in Yellowstone geothermal water... :|
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

GoldenEarsPark05.jpg

D'oh!

Oh, and it happens because of this, too - you can see on the right side that the waterfall suddenly starts right at the edge of this beautiful spot once the runoff has stopped. People get caught in the undertow from that while swimming in this deceivingly amazing and calm swimming hole. And of course the people who jump on the cliff there into the pool and break their necks are also a factor. :fp:

GoldenEarsPark06.jpg

That is beautiful! That's it, I'm jumping off and going swimming! Nobody can stop me... :D
    Snakeduck wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    D'oh!

Oh, and it happens because of this, too - you can see on the right side that the waterfall suddenly starts right at the edge of this beautiful spot once the runoff has stopped. People get caught in the undertow from that while swimming in this deceivingly amazing and calm swimming hole. And of course the people who jump on the cliff there into the pool and break their necks are also a factor. :fp:

GoldenEarsPark06.jpg

That is beautiful! That's it, I'm jumping off and going swimming! Nobody can stop me... :D
    :lol: I would tackle you. :lol: .... Note that there is no lack of idiots who have decided that this proven death trap is just simple summer fun though. :roll:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Snakeduck wrote:

Still, has to be better than getting boiled alive in Yellowstone geothermal water... :|

Not if you add carrots and potatoes! :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Snakeduck wrote:

:shock: :shock: That happens to people?? Yikes! ... that's about as bad as it gets probably.
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im the best trade ever...maybe next weekend i worth even more!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Snakeduck wrote:

Boiled people = :thumbup:

Boiled carrots = :sick:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Boiled people = :thumbup:

:lol: I think only boiled brussel spouts could really dissuade me from such a dish. :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:

+1
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    STAYSEA wrote:

I learned the same"

I add the Marnier after i've poured the margarita into a glass it sinks right to the bottom for a great finish try it :mrgreen:[/quote]
    I like it...be sure to try it this weekend. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    some dude thought i looked like general zod.

now kneel down before me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg