What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    My son's girlfriend loves to give hickies :nono: :evil:
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    Water entering a tent during a camping trip can ruin a camping trip in an instant.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    1-I love and miss the mountains
    2-Jameson is not the devil
    3-Small spaces are the best places
    4-It feels AMAZING to be adored and valued and wanted
    5-Running with someone is the best challenge ever
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I learned that I needed to take the following week off from drinkin.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I learned that I needed to take the following week off from drinkin.
    you and me both!!! :fp:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    That was a long time ago
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dont do that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    This change in work schedule agrees with me :thumbup:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm not buying what i learned
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Open network?

Heeee heeeee heeee
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I learned that my wife hasnt seen the movie Jaws, and I need to fix that real fast.
    We were paddling out in the ocean along the coast yesterday (she on a stand up paddle board and me in a kayak), about 50 yards off the beach, when a couple walking the beach began yelling that there was a school of sharks coming right at us.
    My wife just keeps on paddling and of course almost falls. Freaked me the fuck out. I tried to get her to follow me further out, because I saw a sandbar where it was about a foot deep, but she just paddled right through the sharks. :fp: They were small sharks, but stil, it was freaky. I've seen sharks a few times, but seeing my wife almost fall in nearly gave me a fucking heart attack.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I really miss going out to the clubs and checking out shows.

I still refuse to karaoke-even if I am offered a Pearl Jam song...maybe if I had more beer and there were less people.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    maybe if I had more beer

:fp:

how many did you end up having? was that blue moon :fp:

btw...car finally downloaded....sweet ride for sure
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I learned that my wife hasnt seen the movie Jaws, and I need to fix that real fast.
    We were paddling out in the ocean along the coast yesterday (she on a stand up paddle board and me in a kayak), about 50 yards off the beach, when a couple walking the beach began yelling that there was a school of sharks coming right at us.
    My wife just keeps on paddling and of course almost falls. Freaked me the fuck out. I tried to get her to follow me further out, because I saw a sandbar where it was about a foot deep, but she just paddled right through the sharks. :fp: They were small sharks, but stil, it was freaky. I've seen sharks a few times, but seeing my wife almost fall in nearly gave me a fucking heart attack.

On one hand maybe she shouldn't see Jaws, might not go back in the ocean again.

On the other, What? THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!! :o :shock: Tonight Sir!!! Tonight!
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    maybe if I had more beer

:fp:

how many did you end up having? was that blue moon :fp:

for the record, that was 2 different nights...

Friday I had:
    whistling_pig.png

Saturday I went to a BBQ...the host has a professional karaoke machine set-up...he really wanted me to sing and offered to find a PJ song. I was the DD that night.

I posted a vid of Like a Stone on my FB<
    not me singing, another guy, he did it deathmetal style.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:

I still refuse to karaoke-even if I am offered a Pearl Jam song...maybe if I had more beer and there were less people.

I think you should change your mind about karaoke...and sing a song with me & unlost :D;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think you should change your mind about karaoke...and sing a song with me & unlost :D;)

okay, you and unlost fly out here, we can stay at his house and sing karaoke all night long.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    okay, you and unlost fly out here, we can stay at his house and sing karaoke all night long.

or.....

get your ass to chicago.....and you can form a quintent (sp) with white shorts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or.....

I can't afford to go to Chicago...buying a another house is kind of expensive, unless Ed will buy our next house for us, then I will go to Chicago.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or.....

I can't afford to go to Chicago...buying a another house is kind of expensive, unless Ed will buy our next house for us, then I will go to Chicago.

flip flip flip bobble heads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I don't really have money to buy a bunch of bobble-heads...I'm already getting some for a few people already.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I don't really have money to buy a bunch of bobble-heads...I'm already getting some for a few people already.

i'll fund 10 tix for a 10% roi plus one bobble head :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    oh I know!, you PayPal me money to buy some, I will go down there, get the dolls, when I flip them, you get your investment back...when I get to Chicago. :angel:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    That my wife always knows when I get a late night delivery of pizza and wings. No matter what. Even if she has been asleep for hours. Even if she is in Tokyo! And that she feels compelled to tell the kids about it in the morning each time I do it. :lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    oh I know!, you PayPal me money to buy some, I will go down there, get the dolls, when I flip them, you get your investment back...when I get to Chicago. :angel:

now you thinking....except i get my investment back as soon as you sell the first two. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Get_Right wrote:
    That my wife always knows when I get a late night delivery of pizza and wings. No matter what. Even if she has been asleep for hours. Even if she is in Tokyo! And that she feels compelled to tell the kids about it in the morning each time I do it. :lol:

get a new CC
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

now you thinking....except i get my investment back as soon as you sell the first two. :mrgreen:

wonder if I can catch Mike on his way out and have him sign a couple... :think:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

wonder if I can catch Mike on his way out and have him sign a couple... :think:

bonus money......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    81 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

get a new CC
    I know the drill always pay cash! ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,179
    That the juice of one lime makes for a perfect Margarita , along with 1 1/2 shots of good tequila and 1 shot of triple sec , salted rimmed glass .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....