What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I learned that if you mess up your front bumper because a fence pole jumped in front of you....just wait several months and someone will eventually back into you and you can now get your bumper replaced for free.

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    I learned that if you mess up your front bumper because a fence pole jumped in front of you....just wait several months and someone will eventually back into you and you can now get your bumper replaced for free.

i hate when those fence poles just jump out at you like that :P
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Lizard wrote:

And lets hope that next week...
    You dont learn that insurance fraud is a felony...

;)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

rorting(and i use that term loosely) insurance companies is a victimless crime. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

rorting(and i use that term loosely) insurance companies is a victimless crime. ;)8-)
    No, food stamp fraud is a victimless crime.

Lets get it straight.
    norm wrote:

Lets get it straight.

nah thats not right speedy cause clearly you feel aggrieved when people buy steak and crab claws with food stamps. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

nah thats not right speedy cause clearly you feel aggrieved when people buy steak and crab claws with food stamps. :P
    Actually it was the $30,000 car and the $2000.00 worth of jewelry that the "low Income' lady on food stamps had...

That really got on my nerves.

She can eat all the fucking crab legs she wants.
    But hopefully the "low income" lady I met yesterday, will soon be off the food stamps. She will be working again, and she can eat ham sadwiches like the rest of us.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Lizard wrote:

:lol: Awesome...funny how those things work out sometimes..
    back in 2002 or 03 I had a brand new Subaru wrx and within a month a tire came off a truck on the highway and smashed my driver side door. I was unable to stop the guy or do a claim so it was smashed in for a month or so... until a crackhead neighbor drove a scooter head first into the back door on the driver side, then tried to pay me off with his TV and playstation2. I said I'd only accept $1200 cash on the spot or I was calling the cops. His crackhead ass called up some crackhead friends to borrow money and to keep his crackhead ass out of prison I think, and got my whole car fixed up and painted real nice at the local body shop from crackhead funds. Thanks crackheads. Oh, and he was actually arrested a week later for crack and battery on his boyfriend. hmpf, florida.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    ins fraud?? hahahhaha

can't help it if the whole bumper has to be replaced since he hit it!!

;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    ins fraud?? hahahhaha

can't help it if the whole bumper has to be replaced since he hit it!!

;)

course not. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    The Purple Pig in Chicago has AMAZING food. Possibly the best charcuterie board I've ever had!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • norm wrote:

Lets get it straight.[/quote]

nah thats not right speedy cause clearly you feel aggrieved when people buy steak and crab claws with food stamps. :P[/quote]
    It's not victimless. The victims are the people that are paying their bills but can't afford to pay their bills and eat so they go without food for a day or two at a time because they get turned down for food stamps while some people on food stamps are buying wedding cakes and I'm not kidding about it, I know someone that witnesses these people using their food stamp debit card to buy wedding cakes every month. :fp: The government needs to start having food stamp recipients bring in their shopping receipts every once in a while so they can monitor this kind of fraud.

And damn I know what you mean about those fence poles jumping out. I once had a do not enter sign jump out at me. ;)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • This weekend I learned that I will download anything onto my computer if you tell me Pearl Jam will be aired. My windows popup messages ended up in spanish by the time I was through, and all I really needed to do in the first place was maximize the screen. :roll: :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    *they are watching more than you think

*nothing comes with a plug anymore-that's how they get you with 'low prices'..."oh, by the way, you'll need a new plug too" "can't I just use the old one?" "nope, gotta get a new one, if it catches fire, we are liable"

*special ordering takes so much longer that it used to...a 'few days' is really '2-3 weeks' :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    those slider things for furniture rock! I slide a huge heavy wooden table that seats 10
    with one hand across the room... ta da!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    That my dad is not only a climate change denier, but a pollution denier as well.... He seems to think that pollution, even major oil spills, are no big deal - not a problem, the filth goes away soon enough by itself. :fp: :fp: And the thinks that anyone who is concerned about such things are simply falling prey to fear mongering. The Gulf spill caused no damage btw. Everyone got upset for no reason. :fp: He is an educated, smart man, so wtf - maybe he is going senile. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That my dad is not only a climate change denier, but a pollution denier as well.... He seems to think that pollution, even major oil spills, are no big deal - not a problem, the filth goes away soon enough by itself. :fp: :fp: And the thinks that anyone who is concerned about such things are simply falling prey to fear mongering. The Gulf spill caused no damage btw. Everyone got upset for no reason. :fp: He is an educated, smart man, so wtf - maybe he is going senile. :(

Sounds like my mom
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    While my dad wouldn't think THAT, he's definitely set in his ways. It takes something monumental to change his mind on anything.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I learned that I have a very special relationship with every single floor tile at my job. They appear to all be the same. Each square of tile is special.

After mopping them for two days for hours (with a burned hand... bandaged) , I hate the mop. My co-workers suck at mopping. This is why I am the chosen one to mop. I worked today and the floor is still cleaner than it has ever been, and I didn't have to mop :D

I learned that if it takes me 3 hours to mop and I do a really great job, it makes a difference.

But, they won't ask me to do it as much because it takes me 3 hours. Takes most people only 30 minutes.

the devils in the details.

Why do people walk across a newly mopped wet floor and always say "Oh, I'm sorry", they walk across it anyway?

I just reply, it's going to be dirty and need another mopping tomorrow. :lol:

I love the people that say , "Oh, am I in your way?"

I tell them, "please stay! the longer you stay, means I don't need to mop that area."
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    I have way too many socks.
    I lost a bet...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

did you name them?
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

did you name them?

I started to, but ran out of names. Maybe I should start a thread...help me name my socks. :think: :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    One of my cats will simply sleep during a nearly 15 hour drive. The other one will put on a marathon meowing session the entire time. :crazy:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    One of my cats will simply sleep during a nearly 15 hour drive. The other one will put on a marathon meowing session the entire time. :crazy:

was is a helpless meow or more of an angry 'get me the fuck outta here' meow? Maybe a desperate meow?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

was is a helpless meow or more of an angry 'get me the fuck outta here' meow? Maybe a desperate meow?

It was a sad "I want out of here so I can lay on your lap" meow. 15 hours ... heartbreaking. :(
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

It was a sad "I want out of here so I can lay on your lap" meow. 15 hours ... heartbreaking. :(

did you meow back? I tried doing that once...apparently it pisses off one of my cats. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i would have put them in the car.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    That I make a decent lasagna, but then I can get easily distracted when drinking DFH 120 min and talking...which in turn means I forget to put the lasagna back in the fridge.... :( :fp:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    RKCNDY wrote:
    did you meow back? I tried doing that once...apparently it pisses off one of my cats. :lol:

:lol: No ... I didn't try that. Maybe I should have? His cage was right next to me, and he would calm down a bit when I petted him briefly.
    81 wrote:

:nono:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:nono:

nothing wrong with that. little more bouncy back there i assume, but it's not like you put them in the bed of a truck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg