What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• I learned that reality is more unbelievable than fiction.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    *Never ever forget your sharpie.
    *Jeff looks really good up close and in person.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I liked Golden Soul :D
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    My car got towed and I was able to restrain from killing people. That took composure.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    not a damned thing
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    My car got towed and I was able to restrain from killing people. That took composure.

pay your tickets.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

pay your tickets.

haha, no tickets. I was unloading my car of band gear at a festival. Granted I was in a tow area (not blocking anyone though), but I put a note on my car saying i'd be right back and I was unloading for a gig, and there were dozens of other cars just parked illegally. Some of my band shit was still in the car too! :evil:

When I retrieved the car later that night, I explained it to them and they said they didnt see the note. The guy did feel stupid though, and let me go at no charge. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    81 wrote:

pay your tickets.

haha, no tickets. I was unloading my car of band gear at a festival. Granted I was in a tow area (not blocking anyone though), but I put a note on my car saying i'd be right back and I was unloading for a gig, and there were dozens of other cars just parked illegally. Some of my band shit was still in the car too! :evil:

When I retrieved the car later that night, I explained it to them and they said they didnt see the note. The guy did feel stupid though, and let me go at no charge. :P

that was nice of them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:

pay your tickets.

Can you leave warning lights on?

I know you can do that here in no parking zones. means you'll be right back
    81 wrote:
    pay your tickets.

Can you leave warning lights on?

I know you can do that here in no parking zones. means you'll be right back

Yeah, that probably would've saved me a lot of trouble. I've played this location a few times but it was never during a festival, so I was just going through my normal motions. From now on, hazard flashers are on, no doubt!
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    That even though the Cubs aren't good at all this year, just being at Wrigley makes me happy (or maybe it was the copious amount of beer) :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
    That even though the Cubs aren't good at all this year, just being at Wrigley makes me happy (or maybe it was the copious amount of beer) :lol::lol:

it was the beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

it was the beer.

The beer did have something to do with it and so did the beautiful weather, but despite all of her flaws, I really do love Wrigley Field.
    I lost a bet...
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I learned, that I should have had Lunch.... months ago. ;)
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I learned, that I should have had Lunch.... months ago. ;)

so the date went well :corn: :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    RKCNDY wrote:

Really jealous. Pics?
    I win.
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Really jealous. Pics?

YES?
    Stainless steel appliances and mild OCD do not mix. Holy hell, fingerprints.
    I win.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    That I really just don't care at all anymore.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :( I hope everything's OK!

Wrigley will be here soon enough :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    That my family is slow to learn what I have known all along.
    ELITIST FUK
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    :( I hope everything's OK!

Wrigley will be here soon enough :)
    Thank you :) just headaches at the soon to be old job that I don't have to care about anymore. 4.5 working days left! :D

ahhhhh I cannot wait until Wrigley!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Sometimes things lean slightly to one side for no good reason.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    STAYSEA wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Really jealous. Pics?

YES?

no :cry:

he came out to take a break between soundcheck and the show, while running away from all the autograph hounds, and shouted, "I'm only signing RNDM stuff!"
    so I'm trying really hard to get my vinyl out of my bag..."wait! Jeff!" I'm waving the vinyl in the air, so he comes back and signs it for me...I just stood there all "derrr" :crazy: (okay, that's how I felt, I remember asking him to write my name on the album, so I guess I'm glad I didn't babble incessantly)

I must thank one of the autograph hounds that let me borrow his sharpie.

Thread Integrity: Mike is really cool too...not as tall as I thought, but super personable and friendly. I did get a pic with him.

Jeff...you are still on my 'Need to take a pic with...' list! :twisted: :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm getting too old to stay up until 8:30am :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    That I should take more notes.

And Key Lime Pie is something tasty. ;)

Sterling is friendly. :lol:

When I'm tired. :D
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Really jealous. Pics?

YES?

no :cry:

he came out to take a break between soundcheck and the show, while running away from all the autograph hounds, and shouted, "I'm only signing RNDM stuff!"
    so I'm trying really hard to get my vinyl out of my bag..."wait! Jeff!" I'm waving the vinyl in the air, so he comes back and signs it for me...I just stood there all "derrr" :crazy: (okay, that's how I felt, I remember asking him to write my name on the album, so I guess I'm glad I didn't babble incessantly)

I must thank one of the autograph hounds that let me borrow his sharpie.

Thread Integrity: Mike is really cool too...not as tall as I thought, but super personable and friendly. I did get a pic with him.

Jeff...you are still on my 'Need to take a pic with...' list! :twisted: :lol:

You are so lucky! Kiss the Sharpie gods! I never leave home with out one. At work today, I forgot my sharpie and my phone. I felt naked.

I really seriously forget to ask for a picture or an autograph. :shock: Unless, I'm reminded or scheduled.

There is usually one question, I am dying to ask. It depends on the artist. POST pics!!! on Jeff is Hot thread?
    Please :cry:
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Stainless steel appliances and mild OCD do not mix. Holy hell, fingerprints.

I'm not Alone!!!!

You need a micro fiber towel and Stainless steel polish. I'm glad when I sold mine. "fake" is soooo much better.

Who invented that?, They should have their head examined.
    You should have your septic tank cleaned out every 5 years. Not 15. :fp:
    I win.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    You should have your septic tank cleaned out every 5 years. Not 15. :fp:
    :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata