Options

*** Pearl Jam - PJ 20 Show 1 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 64
    I was only able to attend the first night of the weekend and I loved the Temple of the Dog stuff. If you were there both nights and get that it was a 5 1/2 hour set over 2 nights, you probably didn't need that part again. I would agree.

Overall, Pearl Jam is amazing in the way the weekend was handled. Mostly fan club members had tickets to the weekend and making it a 2 night event was the way to make it special. I am looking forward to the CD's!!!! I still love listening to past shows I have attended.

Anyway onto my review. First, to the group from Iowa in the white Denali that I parked next to, way to put a bummer on Saturday. Your language and attitude was only tolerable to me once I realized you had lawn seats Saturday night. The guy behind me that predicted "Release" as the opener couldn't have been happier and I was digging his energy. Overall it wasn't the best show I have ever been to. It was the coolest show I have been to though. The way Ed was able to give up the stage and spotlight to defer to other bands and artists shows his respect for other artists. Seeing Temple of the Dog made the whole show for me. I own the Mother Love Bone CD's and the Temple of the Dog CD, so the historical significance was something I truly enjoyed. After all without Mother Love Bone there may not be Pearl Jam.

I felt honored to be part of the weekend and truly honored that they chose Alpine Valley for the shows. I didn't think the venue did a very good job, food ran out, T-shirts ran out and overall if felt like the first show they ever had there, not like they have been open since the 70's.

Overall on a scale of 10 I would give the weekend a 9.5 from reading the set list for last night combined with the show I saw. For Saturday, I would give the show a 7 out of 10, as a stand alone show it was cool but it left me wanting some of the slower songs I love. Anyway I can't wait to see the 25th anniversary shows :)
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    Saturday and Sunday's shows were breathtaking. It was my first PJ show since 1998. I have always loved PJ but just never got the chance to go to concerts again til now. Kids. I heard every one of my favorite songs. I can't imagine how someone could complain! The guys were so happy! You couldn't not notice that! They were amazing to watch. And to be there to celebrate their success with them meant a lot to me.
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    So many songs took me back to a place in time. After all these years, they mean so much. Not For You took me back to 1995. I remembered the old AOL message folder and the discussion of the song's meaning. I know exactly what it means to me. I got to hear Deep again after having missed it at another show. Faithfull was amazing...I don't even know why it hit me the way it did, but it did. Once - Upon A Time...but this is no fairy tale...this is real and it was great. Thank you, Pearl Jam. xxxxxx

And thank you to everyone who arranged this event and in spite of difficult conditions on Day 1, made sure things still ran as smoothly as they did. I talked with many people and although everyone wished it had been better, people handled it with grace. Such class...it was beautiful to see. Can I thank my fellow fans here too? :) xxx
    i gotta say it's weird sorta seeing you let the curtain down a bit after the many years of me being on here. cool fanview btw :)
    ditto. Overjoyed to read this from you Kat. Hail, hail us lucky ones :D

Thank You Kat ... can feel the journey from your words. Thank YOU for traveling the road!
    The "all encompassing trip"! :D
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    My wife and I were lucky enough to get lawn seats for sat from a fellow 10 club member. We have seen many shows together but the last few years have been difficult. We have three kids and the oldest one is autistic. We rarely get time for just the two of us and I wanted to make this a memorial night for my wife and I, so I got us a limo to take us to and from the concert (we live outside of Chicago about 2 hours away). Despite the bad weather, from the moment we arrived we could feel the good vibe. From the joking around with people in the parking lot you could tell everyone was relaxed and ready to have a good time. We lucked out on our way into the concert and were able to upgrade to great seats in the pavilion for face value. We met some truly great people in our section (one guy had been there sence noon to get the posters!). Again, everyone was great fun and ready for a great show. I loved hearing Eddie V on Juicebox with the Strokes (great tune I hadn't heard before), Release was incredible, Faithfull was the great singalong, but my favorite was Stardog Champion, Cornell was great. The only dissapointment was no Ledbetter to end the night. My wife and I had a truly wonderful night. Thanks to everyone we met and PJ for making this an epic eve!
  • Options
    I had an amazing time at this show! Got to hear In My Tree, Say Hello to Heaven, Hunger Strike...and they opened with Release!!! Was really happy for some of the songs they played...simply blown away. In the end a set list is a set list...there are very few songs that I've yet to hear, but in the end it's about the experience of the show for me...and this was one hell of an experience! It was really worth it to be there.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    cgm93cgm93 Posts: 32
    Ok...when are the bootlegs for these shows gonna be out...can't happen soon enough. I wanted to listen to them again on the way home!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Lots of great songs and moments but overall flow of the show was bad. Too many momentum-killers. Arms Aloft killed the crowd and so did In the Moonlight.

In the moonlight was definitely one of the highlights for me.
    And Hunger Strike. And Release! And realizing that Jeff and Stone had probably not performed the MLB song in public since Andy's death. What a powerful moment that must have been!

The show was not flawless, but I would not have missed it for the world. I felt, in a very good way, that they were not playing for us, but for themselves. And for someone who's been loving them as much I have in the last few years, their happiness was a precious thing to see :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I just got back home to Philly and am still blown away, it's gonna take awhile for everything about this fantastic weekend to sink in I think. Though obviously a little depression has set in as I still want more, more, more, more, PJ. Many people felt this way that were going back home this weekend throughout the airports as well. Will we ever get enough? :D
  • Options
    Back to Detroit!! Great show and great to meet many of you!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Worse than Cincy.....

Yeah I said it....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Worse than Cincy.....

Yeah I said it....

Why don't you go listen to Britney Spears.... :lol:;)

Fuck Alpine!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Worse than Cincy.....

Yeah I said it....

Why don't you go listen to Britney Spears.... :lol:;)

Fuck Alpine!
    hehehehehehe

It was worse than Cincy!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Just got back after this epic weekend...Day 1 was something else, the rain sucked but what can you do? I still had a blast.
    I really think that the setlist on Night 1 was incredible. I just tallied up how many songs out of it I'd never heard live before, and it came to 13! There was a section of about 5 songs there where I was standing in the lawn going :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:o:o FAITHFULL?! WHO YOU ARE?! FRIGGING PUSH ME PULL ME?! IN THE MOONLIGHT?!? HELP HELP?!?! It was like being at a birthday party and unwrapping presents, and constantly thinking, "Wow, this is amazing, what am I going to get next?!" :mrgreen:
    And the songs with Cornell were fantastic. I had always hoped to see them together onstage, and I wasn't disappointed.
    Honestly, PJ should do more nights like Night 1. It was unique, surprising, and FUN.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    It was more than the set list that made this night so fucking good you had to be there to feel it .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Whoever said worst show ever, I'd REALLY like to hear your reasons/insight/opinion as to why it was the worst. You're totally entitled, just curious why you thought that.

Cuz, for me.....well.....It was my favorite show ever. We got, what? 6 'Ten' era songs and not a single one was Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy or Black!? That's a hardcore fans dream come true. (Not that those songs aren't amazing and beloved by me, just a killer change of pace)

We got Not For You with Julian from the Strokes. That crushed.

Moonlight with Josh from QOTSA. Perfect fit for him.

Push Me & Help Help, really!? LOVE.

Possibly the greatest performance of Love Reign O'er Me......EVER.

I do agree Cornell went on a bit long. Stardog cover was great. Heaven & Hunger Strike were great. So, I guess Reach Down is what I would've eliminated. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED seein Cornell with them, but I was there to see PJ. So I agree went on a little long, however, not 3 songs too long.

The guys were in rare from. Clearly having an absolute blast. Crowd energy was second to none. At the end when Eddie said we've been a passionate band......a band with a purpose/message whatever he said exactly, but "we've never got to be a party band......tonight we got to.....so, thank you!".....that was awesome.

Met lots of great people. Phenomenal experience, so glad I got to be apart of it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    To me, the second night completed the whole thing and made it round - it was an unreal, hypnotising and absolutely beautiful experience! (Being inside a constant cloud of weed smokes further enhanced it :lol: ) This weekend has been one of the most exciting things that ever happened to me and I'm still grinning from ear to ear. Thank you IALauder for making my day on the second day with your tickets - the seats were amazing! And thank you Speedy for taking me with you back to Chicago :D

Bring on the footage and the bootlegs - can't wait to relive it! Thank you Pearl Jam, I heart you and most of your fans big time :D
  • Options
    blorpblorp Posts: 34
    Night one was my 8th PJ show... They seem to be on top of their game every time from my perspective.
    I did not know what to expect exactly from this "festival" but my wife and I went to celibrate our one year anniversary with the anniversary of our favorite band.

I enjoyed most of the acts on the side stages despite the cold rainy weather. Highlights for me were Glen and Liam Finn.

I thought PJ's set for Night One was rather delightful... seriously no complaints and, in fact, I'm kinda scratching my head as to how people seemed to hate the show as much as they said (based only on reviews from this board-everyone I talked to from the show had a blast).

For me, this was the best PJ show I've ever seen. It really felt "special" on many different levels. The band had crazy energy and I would've never have guessed in a million years that they would've played the majority of what they did. Aside from Release (my guess as a potential opener) every song was a complete suprize: Faithful, Who you are, Push me pull me, arms aloft, help help etc. etc.... I don't want to be one of those guys that only loves rarity's but, hey, I was thrilled to be able to scratch a ton of songs off my never-seen-before list. In short, I loved it. The show was legendary for us. We couldn't stop talking about how we'll never get to see another show like it. Once in a lifetime experience, probably not a great show for a casual fan but it didn't feel like there were many of those in attendance. It felt like one huge 10club party.

I really enjoyed the Temple stuff... did not seriously expect Chris Cornell to come out (didn't really know what to expect honestly). Chis Cornell's voice is amazing, I lost my mind when he came on stage... It felt like a once in a lifetime experience.

In short, the show was legendary. Thank you Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Loved the whole experience, not much to complain about honestly. :)
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    Alot to say but I'm so dam tired right now. lol

It was a dream come true thank you so much PJ.

I'm glad everyone had a great few days in good old Wisconsin. :)
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I am going to post this here and on the night 2 fan view, because I typed this email to a friend and I feel like it really captures my emotion of the last two nights, THE greatest two nights of music. From hear on out, I have a new found way to experience the shows. I will never again care about which songs they play or don't play. I went into this weekend with ZERO expectations and came away with such an incredible feeling of joy and just not wanting to leave last night. So some of this may come off as a little odd since most of us were at the show, but this was written to someone who was unable to make it. He is also the person who turned me on to this incredible band and fan base only a few years ago. So here is my fan view for both INCREDIBLE evenings:

I apologize in advance for the length of this. This is the first time I have sat down to collect my thoughts on the shows and I imagine it will be long. (My journalism degree comes through every once in a while!)

So as I am sure you are aware, last night was the second night of what I am convinced were the greatest set of Pearl Jam shows ever. These two shows were absolutely incredible. Two shows, one opened with Release the other with Wash. Both of these songs are my favorite openers. I had been hoping to hear Wash since the shows were announced. To hear two of my top 5 songs ever each night to lead off the nights. Wow.

The first night opened with Release which is THE perfect opener. I would never grow tired hearing it even if they played it at every show.

In my Tree, Faithfull, and then Who You Are, brought me down to only one song left to hear on No Code! In My Tree and Faithfull were so, so good. For the first time ever they played In the Moonlight which was cool then played Deep which was awesome!!! What's coming up, but another one of my top 5: Breath. At this point this show's energy and set list are easily one of the best of the 10 I have been, even better than Philly 4 of the Spectrum (which I never thought could happen). Then they brought Liam Finn out to play the very rare Education which is one of my favorite B-Sides that I never thought in a million years I would hear!

One last thing would set this weekend apart from the rest of PJ shows. Eddie announced Chris Cornell's arrival on stage for a little Temple of the Dog set. I had actually seen Cornell in my first show in LA. This was as cool, but even greater. Wow! The show did seems to end oddly, but my mind wasn't thinking about that. I just couldn't believe how great the show was. The next night should be interesting... I had no idea.

Here is a really interesting thing that I haven't mentioned yet. I had tickets through the 10 Club that I was sharing with a member I met on the message board. Long story short I ended up with a tenth row on aisle just on Mike's side of the stage. I literally won the fan club lottery by going solo and buying my ticket the second of the public on sale. While sitting at the seat, someone comes down and mentions that he thinks I lost my ticket. I look at and notice that it was for Sunday! I mention that the date is wrong as he walks away. Now I have the same incredible seat two nights in a row.

The next day I feel like there is a chance it had to have been someone else's ticket. Sure enough it is. Someone posts on the boards that they lost their seat. I try and try to reach them to no avail. Finally right before the show he arrives. I tell him what happens and the relief on his face is incredible. He bought it for well over face value (around $700!). Amazingly enough we both are to hang out at the seat. Needless to say my honesty in the situation pays off!

I had posted a message on the board about how Wash hadn't been played much since 2000 and would be a great opener for PJ 20. Like I mentioned earlier it was my top song that I had left to hear. When they opened the second night with it, wow was I happy!

I had a feeling the show was going to be spectacular and even better than the night before. I was so right. The Fixer, Severed Hand (yet another favorite!). Then Eddie tells a story about Roskilde and mentions the other unfortunate events at concert venues lately. I knew Love Boat Captain was coming! It was a long time coming, but this year, I really grew to love this song and it is played so rarely these days. It was incredible, Boom was so awesome and the band just blew me away! It gave me chills! They followed it up with Habit. Apparently it was the one song that Liam Finn wanted to hear, so they brought him on stage and he sang it with Eddie. His energy was awesome!! Not sure if you are familiar with him, but he was going crazy up there!! Hearing Habit, I have now finished No Code which might be my favorite record. (Yield is right there too)

The set continued and arrived at Eddie talking about how he wanted Stone to play a certain song, I figured it was Mankind which is ehh, but when he finished the story, he said that Stone said No Way to playing it... And into No Way the went!! I know you heard it in Philly and wow was it good!!

Cornell came out for a set that was much better than the night before. His voice blows me away! They left the stage for the second time and then came out for a third encore. One last song that I was looking forward to hearing and that was Sonic Reducer. So awesome!! Then they wrapped the show with Alive, Rockin in the Free World and Ledbetter. The last encore was SO loud!! The crowd was going bonkers the whole time. It was so absolutely incredible. I saw a cool video that PJ posted on their official you tube page. It was a very high quality video which gets me excited to think that maybe, some day they will release it as a DVD. The bands energy was so awesome and they were having an absolute blast more than I had ever seen! Videos or otherwise.

I am still not believing how awesome this whole thing was. and to all the people I met along the way: I know I will forget some names, but you know who you are: Dave from Albany, Adam, Russ, Jeff, Ms. Honeymeister (forgot your name sorry!, Dimitris, Ed, Lance (I still am not giving you your poster :mrgreen:, Bernie, Zack (dude watching you rock out behind me was almost as awesome as the show itself, can't wait to join you for a show someday!), Mark, BRAD KLAUSEN!!!! (one of the coolest guys ever), all of the poster artists were incredibly gracious. and to all those who didn't make it, my good friend Aaron, Adam from NYC (get_right), but most all to Nick from Philly who introduced me to this band when I knew absolutely nothing about them, I just happened to listen to him on the WMMR morning show and grabbed PJ's greatest hits on October 17, 2008. Unreal this ride with this band.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert ever...blah blah...on with the night.

Well, as a first timer, you would think I'd have been let down not to hear the 'hits'. But NOOOOOO...this was the most amazing first show for me because I felt like the band took me back to the days I had missed out on...the earlier days when not every song was known by every person (although the crowd seemed to know every word and the place was rocking with the singing, dancing and following every one of Ed's signals to do something). TOTD was just unbelievable.... little old me seeing this kind of history....the reunion I NEVER thought I'd see....the songs I had never heard live.

I was in my element, especially when Release opened....OMG that song live is...well, you know...amazing! In My Tree is one of my favorites and is so much better live....aren't they all?? ;) My most memorable moment personally will be RVM....I just let loose and lost it when that was played :lol:

I knew from the EV solo shows how great his voice is live...I was curious to see what PJ all together would be like live. I prefer all the live recordings anyway, but they are not the same as being there. I was not disappointed.

I felt (in my newbie way) that this was a fitting day one....I LOVED it...couldn't have asked for more....then came night two. I cannot stay up late to write all I need to about that night...the best time of my life! Will do it tomorrow :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Leeze wrote:
    To me, the second night completed the whole thing and made it round - it was an unreal, hypnotising and absolutely beautiful experience! (Being inside a constant cloud of weed smokes further enhanced it :lol: ) This weekend has been one of the most exciting things that ever happened to me and I'm still grinning from ear to ear. Thank you IALauder for making my day on the second day with your tickets - the seats were amazing! And thank you Speedy for taking me with you back to Chicago :D

Bring on the footage and the bootlegs - can't wait to relive it! Thank you Pearl Jam, I heart you and most of your fans big time :D
    hehe..you was so happy last night..so sweet..awesome girl..seeya soon
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Worse than Cincy.....

Yeah I said it....
    hehhehehehehehhee..i knew that this day will come..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Just got home from the shows.....14hour drive so worth it....sleeping in a tent all weekend taking cold showers so worth it.....hang in out in the pouring rain all day for night one was defiantly worth it.....amazing amazing show....thank you pj! :D
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, night 1. This was my reserved seats night. Hard to put all of this into words. I think everyone knows we had a great time at the tailgating parties. At this point, it has become more about seeing friends and hanging out than then band. The band has become a vehicle and an excuse to travel to the middle of nowhere to see some of your best friends who you would otherwise have never known. I can personally thank Pearl Jam for introducing me to wonderful people and giving me a reason to see the world.

Also just looking around and seeing, after 20 years, that many fans packed into that place singing and dancing. It was the highlight of the show for me. I pointed it out to my wife several times - "Look at all the people here! I can't believe it!"

That being said, on to the set. We know it was "weird" or whatever but personally I enjoyed every song. I always do. However, I like a few hits sprinkled into my rarities so that to me made it feel a little off, but they more than made up for it the next day.

The first 6 songs just kicked my ass. Perfect opening 6 right there. I do like Arms Aloft even though a lot of people don't. Who You Are was fantastic and Setting Forth was a nice surprise left turn from nowhere. And Push Me Pull Me? WTF? hahahaha. I got to mark two more off my YIELD list with that one and No Way the 2nd night.

The set felt weird to me after that because I have never been a fan of Deep. I just don't like the tone of that song but that's just me. And I am not a Riot Act fan so Help, Help was a huge WTF moment for me. But Breath through Life Wasted put the charge back into things for sure.

RVM will always be special. And while I am not really a Cornell fan, it was truly memorable to see Temple of the Dog play a Mother Love Bone song. And a lot of people are complaining about Reach Down but come on! McCready got to shred that song both nights!!

Speaking of McCready - He owned Night 1. Just owned it. So animated and over the top. I love the energy he brings when he paces in circles and does a jump then maybe twists the knobs on his amps on the way by and then throws some picks to the crowd all while twirling one hand in the air to fire everyone up. That guy is something else. Cornell stole the show?? Not if Mike had anything to say about it. I left thinking Mike stole it.

The 2nd encore being only one song and a strange choice to end on at that was probably the only downside for me. It just felt off. Like, "is that end? Really?" But other than that the show killed. Oh, and Ed - get a lyric sheet. The lyrical fuck-ups are cute and all and we all get a kick out of it, but would it kill you to maybe learn some of the words?

Great night!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Don't even know what to say. It was the best Pearl Jam I was ever at.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Whoever said worst show ever, I'd REALLY like to hear your reasons/insight/opinion as to why it was the worst. You're totally entitled, just curious why you thought that.

Some people just can't have fun under any circumstances. I pity them.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I cant even begin to summarize how awesome it was.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,021
    Awesome setlist for the hardcore fans like me. Chris was amazing, could have done with a couple less from him though. The sound was great, energy was great, but the flow (maybe because of the oddity filled setlist) was off in my opinion. You could tell it was the first show of the tour, hate to say it, but it's true.
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    Night 1 setlist was almost a fan club setlist. Arms aloft was an interesting choice though. Push me pull me was very cool, never heard it live, I loved it. Not for U was driven home, a great version, (fuck you!!!) In the moonlight, Help Help another very cool song rarely played, Ive never seen and a big highlight. SOLAT rocked. I was moved by Eddie's explanation prior to Life Wasted reprise of how as kids they collectively and individually did not listen to reason ( or parents) and went for their goals, and achieved them. I thought his giving due to those kids , and to see the result of those individual efforts to what they are now, and what we are now, was what the weekend was all about. Those kids were the celebration of the moment. The more I think about night 1 the more I appreciate it.
    The temple of the dog reunion really showed how giving this band is, and how giving the majority of the fans are. For eddie to give up the stage to Chris at that moment, at a moment when PJ is celebrating its own 20 year anniversary, to give that up to TOTD and to give tribute to a band formed 20 years ago that only existed out of mourning was a tremendous thing to do. My thanks to PJ for a great 20 years.
    All together now...