KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited July 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
PEARL JAM
PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI
SHOW 1
SEPTEMBER 03, 2011

SET LIST

01. Release
02. Arms Aloft-(Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummer)
03. Do The Evolution
04. Got Some
05. In My Tree
06. Faithfull
07. Who You Are w/ Joseph Arthur, Liam Finn, Glen Hansard (bg vocs). Glen Peterson (percussion)
08. Push Me, Pull Me
09. Setting Forth
10. Not For You w/ Julian Casablancas
11. In The Moonlight w/ Josh Homme
12. Deep
13. Help Help
14. Breath
15. Education w/ Liam Finn
16. Once
17. State Of Love And Trust w/ Dhani Harrison
18. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
19. Wasted Reprise
20. Life Wasted

ENCORE BREAK 1

21. Rearviewmirror
(For Mother Love Bone & Temple Of The Dog songs Chris Cornell sings lead. Eddie Vedder & Glen Hansard sing background vocals. Liam Finn joins Ed & Glen on "Reach Down")
22. Stardog Champion w/ Chris Cornell-(Ament, Fairweather, Gilmore, Gossard, Wood){Mother Love Bone}
23. Say Hello 2 Heaven-(Cornell)
24. Reach Down-(Cornell)
25. Hunger Strike {Eddie Vedder duet vocal}-(Cornell)
26. Love, Reign O'er Me-(Townshend)
27. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 2

28. Kick Out The Jams w/Mudhoney-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    The most epic PJ's show ever.
    Ever.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    Hate to say it.. worst pj show I have seen. 4 songs
    w Cornell is 3 too many .
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    Great show! Sorry about my battery dying and letting you down on the web stream. Tune in tomorrow!
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    That was worth the 7 hours of F5 on the 23rd of May and the wait for the shows to arrive!! Wow. See you tomorrow night!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    I thought it was amazing
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Lots of great songs and moments but overall flow of the show was bad. Too many momentum-killers. Arms Aloft killed the crowd and so did In the Moonlight.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I would have LOVED that setlist.....how did Eddie sound???
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    I was surprised too that Cornell got so much air time in the main set. I appreciate why he was there and the love given to MotherLoveBone, but not so much singled out time for just him.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I would have LOVED that setlist.....how did Eddie sound???

EV sounded great. Just a bad flow to the set
  • Options
    I was surprised too that Cornell got so much air time in the main set. I appreciate why he was there and the love given to MotherLoveBone, but not so much singled out time for just him.

That's true....I would love the set OTHER for him....... :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    NOTHING from Binaural? Did I miss something?
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options

Plus only one from VS.........
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you're complaining about that show tonight, you should probably give up on live music. It's just not your thing.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Yes. You missed that there is another show tomorrow.
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Great show! Sorry about my battery dying and letting you down on the web stream. Tune in tomorrow!
    thx man, I appreciated the listen, couldnt see much video wise, but got to hear most of the main set.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Agree, great setlist. How long did they play? 28 songs seems a little short.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Lots of great songs and moments but overall flow of the show was bad. Too many momentum-killers. Arms Aloft killed the crowd and so did In the Moonlight.
    I agree. In the moonlight.. education... 4 cornell songs .. hope I don't have to sit thru thT tomorrow nite.. expected a lot more from tonite.. hopefully tomorrow makes up for it.. alive black Jeremy Unthought known given to fly corduroy etc etc etc
  • Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 119
    The show was EPIC. Enough said.
  • Options
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you're complaining about that show tonight, you should probably give up on live music. It's just not your thing.

I wasn't there and haven't heard the show yet, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but you have to admit the above quote is hypocritical to say the least.
  • Options
    I cant beleive that i read... I cant did the travel to Alpine Valley and i suffered a lot to not been there and some people that had the golden oportunity to being there and post complaints??? Whats up with you guys!!! And you call you Pearl Jam fans???? It was a very unusual setlist, that we never will see it again!!! full of rare songs and colaborations!!! I cant wait for the cd and dvd!!! And most, i cant wait for the Pearl Jam show in Mexico!!!! PEARL JAM ROCKS!!!!! HAPPY 20 ANIVERSARY!!! just begin... ;)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    Bad pace, kinda sloppy, and lower energy than usual. Cool to see the Cornell stuff, but the other collaborations felt forced. Really was a weird show.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Agree, great setlist. How long did they play? 28 songs seems a little short.

Thats what I thought. Wish I was there.

Fucking Help Help. :shock: Wow.

Surprised with only one song in Encore 2 and it being Kick Out The Jams.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    The list of people who have seen Temple of the Dog live is quite short. Don't think anyone has seen Stardog Champion since Andy Wood died.

And people are complaining? Hol-ee shit.
  • Options

I wasn't there and haven't heard the show yet, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but you have to admit the above quote is hypocritical to say the least.

I don't think you know what the word hypocritical means.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    Just amazing, what a great show, thanks PJ, see you tomorrow!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    When things are so horrifically over hyped there will always gonna be those who are under whelmed ...

At the end of the day this is a solid enough set and it's a pearl Jam
    Show... Isn't that what you all went for?

You make a rod for your own back when you start deciding the setlist before and how amazing it's gonna be to see them play till 4am. Seriously I think people underestimate how much they put into a show and how draining it is to play under the heat of the lights? It seems as if people wanna kill them for their 20th

On the other side of the coin it's great to see people thought it was Epic - whatever that means ... They were obviously in the right mindset to relax and enjoy it for what it is
  • Options
    raindog80 wrote:
    The most epic PJ's show ever.
    Ever.

Not even close...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

agreed
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    So glad I didn't waste my money on this fest. 28 songs to celebrate 20th anniversary??? Hell just a regular show...
  • Options
    gumby812gumby812 ABQ Posts: 53
    I've seen some amazing shows, but Pearl Jam has been on the down-slide for years now. I'm a huge fan don't get me wrong. I just don't want to hear them ruining songs any more. I took someone to a show in 06, and they were absolutely amazed. I on the other hand was not, and thought that the energy was low. I see someone said that about tonight, and after I saw the set list, I was glad I did not attend. Unless something amazing happens, like Neil Young shows up. I don't think I am going to mind missing it at all.