Options

*** Pearl Jam - PJ 20 Show 1 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    The Fanview threads are for people's experiences at the shows and how they felt about what they saw at the show, not for people who weren't there...hence the name "Fanview."

You can edit out your comments so I don't have to delete them. I'd appreciate that a very lot. Thanks. There are other threads where they might be more appropriate. Thanks again.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HailHailOZHailHailOZ Posts: 350
    edited September 2011
    Kat wrote:
    The Fanview threads are for people's experiences at the show, not for people who weren't there...

YAY! :roll: If you weren't there shut the fuck up here and start a "night 1 setlist not that good" thread
    Post edited by HailHailOZ on
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    BALLBOY wrote:
    By the way never heard of Seeting Forth before, cover, new or extremely rare & never played?
    EV song, right?
    Oh yeah forgot that!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    I LOVE THIS FUCKIN' BAND EVEN A LITTLE MORE THAN I ALREADY DID!! CANNOT WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!

EXCEPT PLEASE DON'T GET ME SO EXCITED THAT I PEE MY PANTS AGAIN :o:lol: SORRY BUT THAT'S WHAT EDDIE ANNOUNCING HE WAS GONNA KOTJ DOES TO ME :geek:
    JAMMER FOR LIFE!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    So many songs took me back to a place in time. After all these years, they mean so much. Not For You took me back to 1995. I remembered the old AOL message folder and the discussion of the song's meaning. I know exactly what it means to me. I got to hear Deep again after having missed it at another show. Faithfull was amazing...I don't even know why it hit me the way it did, but it did. Once - Upon A Time...but this is no fairy tale...this is real and it was great. Thank you, Pearl Jam. xxxxxx

And thank you to everyone who arranged this event and in spite of difficult conditions on Day 1, made sure things still ran as smoothly as they did. I talked with many people and although everyone wished it had been better, people handled it with grace. Such class...it was beautiful to see. Can I thank my fellow fans here too? :) xxx
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    So glad I didn't waste my money on this fest. 28 songs to celebrate 20th anniversary??? Hell just a regular show...

Wow. You do realize that there is ANOTHER FULL SHOW TONIGHT, right? So you wouldn't have "wasted your money". Jesus, people!

I imagine tonight will be a more "standard" show (whatever that means) and it will be longer with some surprises too. They were just getting warmed up last night.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065

as for complainers?..i dont even read you anyomore...you dont even know what you like or want anymore..

Very true D-man, very true. Some people just don't get it. The set list, venue, crowd, all the stuff of legend. Glad you enjoyed it. I wasn't there, but I am a FAN and I do have a VIEW, and from here in Boston, I am left aching I didn't make the trip. Savor tonight as well. You are partaking in history.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    how the fuck could you complain about this show? Some people are such bitches, anyone know how many people were there?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Awesome show. Stone looked I'll after the first couple songs, but then he was fine. Ed had constant problems with his monitors. Sunday's show will likely have all of their mainstream songs, but I was happy hearing the rare stuff. No complaints here. Other than it longer to get back to the hotel than the length of PJs show! Note to self, buy the parking pass next time.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    First of all...

A HUGE CONGRATS to 10 Club & Alpine Valley for making this such a SPECIAL EVENT!!!

From the early ticket pick-up that allowed us to hear the AMAZING soundcheck...and the CD from THE VAULT!!
    To the Merch booths outside the venue that let us return our posters and shirts to our cars so they didn't get ruined in the rainstorm.
    The 10 Club Park was UNBELIEVEABLE...
    not only did we have an NICE VIEW of ALL of the stages, but with all of the amenities:
    Free water coolers, 4 Beer stands with never much of a line, the cornhole games, the private bathrooms, and...
    OH YEAH...
    the tent that kept a lot of us dry during the rain!!!
    The WHOLE experience, TO ME, was really FIRST CLASS!!!
    As far as the show goes...I think the setlist speaks for itself!!!
    I thought it qualified as an EPIC show...
    "Release" was a GREAT opener (was hoping for Wash!!) and love hearing "Arms Aloft" & the full band doing "Setting Forth"
    I NEVER thought I would get to see Chris Cornell perform "Hunger Strike" or "Say Hello to Heaven"!!!
    I really enjoyed seeing all the "Guests" join the guys on stage, that made it feel like a real celebration.
    I'm just so glad I was able to attend the show and can't wait to see how they top it on Night 2 :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I was at the show last night....It was a pretty good setlist...The band broke out a lot rare tracks....I could have done with out Chris Cornell doing four tracks...Well really three since Ed sang Hunger Strike with him...

I think the band could have finished a lot stronger....Also, the show was rather short.....Let's see what happens tonight...

Not sure if something was wrong with a band member etc?....But, the rumor was that they could have played up to 1pm....Just thought the show would have been longer....With it being a pj20 celeberation concert....

Overall a great night....Got to meet Dennis Rodman....My all time favorite NBA player...
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I had to peep through my fingers at this setlist when I got up today. I can't really be sympathetic to anyone who feels cheated by this show. PJ might not have pulled out a really fluent set like a regular show but why would you want that anyway? This is like fingering through the pages of their history book and I'd love to hear Mike tearing through those TOTD songs. A run through MLB's Man Of Golden Words, Crown Of Thorns and something from Green River would ice the birthday cake nicely tonight. I'm very envious today and cannot wait to hear these shows.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    The parking pass was no help. Too many cars and not enough staff to direct traffic inside. That being said...

The show was epic. I've never been that emotional at a show. Tears during Release and I got choked up during Breath and SOLAT. A nice mix of favorites and rarities. The crowdy energy was high and Ed was very into it. The guests did not hurt the songs at all. Very organic in most cases. Seeing Ed off to the side for three songs was a bit of an odd feeling. Cornell nailed it, but 2 songs would have been enough for me. Cant wait to see what tonight brings!
    Thanks
    Greg
    www.theuncool.com
    The Official website for everything Cameron Crowe
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    On behalf of the rest of the world that should have been there........at PJ20...............
    but just couldn't get there,
    I'm wishing i could have traded places with those who did get there, and didn't appreciate it.
    .... you people suck a little bit......
    Cheers to the movie September 20 ** Clink **
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    I wasn't there...two words...

I'M FUCKING JEALOUS. :D
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Wish I was there.....damn :evil:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    sounds like a pretty killer show, insanely jealous of Stardog Champion
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Excellent night. Was lucky enough to rage 13 th row floor on the aisle. I had a great time. It was definitely a "cross some off the list" type show with some very special ,oments. Im surprised people are bitching about cornell up there for 4 songs, you guys realise the history? Anyway i cannot wait for tonight. I will say from where i was i dint feel the n ormal crowd electricity, maybe it was the rain, the set flow, i dunno, but bring your a game tonight folks, this will be a rager
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycrats wrote:
    Excellent night. Was lucky enough to rage 13 th row floor on the aisle. I had a great time. It was definitely a "cross some off the list" type show with some very special ,oments. Im surprised people are bitching about cornell up there for 4 songs, you guys realise the history? Anyway i cannot wait for tonight. I will say from where i was i dint feel the n ormal crowd electricity, maybe it was the rain, the set flow, i dunno, but bring your a game tonight folks, this will be a rager

I think it had more to do with the setlist flow...I think the crowd was rearing ready to go...But, some tracks just sort of killed the momentum....

Jeremy
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Last night I saw Temple of the Dog cover Mother Love Bone at a Pearl Jam show.

Let me say that again differently.

Last night I saw the world's greatest one-off band cover the world's greatest band-that-isn't at the world's greatest band's show.

Thus far I had missed every single "epic" or legendary show in the band's history. So happy i dont have to say that anymore! I am so happy to have been there on the lawn where the venue's sound was gorgeous. I could hear every instrument and they all sounded amazing.

Push Me Pull Me
    Help Help
    In the Moonlight
    Education

Mother Love Bone
    Temple of the Dog

Can't wait for my seats tonight.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Kat wrote:
    So many songs took me back to a place in time. After all these years, they mean so much. Not For You took me back to 1995. I remembered the old AOL message folder and the discussion of the song's meaning. I know exactly what it means to me. I got to hear Deep again after having missed it at another show. Faithfull was amazing...I don't even know why it hit me the way it did, but it did. Once - Upon A Time...but this is no fairy tale...this is real and it was great. Thank you, Pearl Jam. xxxxxx

And thank you to everyone who arranged this event and in spite of difficult conditions on Day 1, made sure things still ran as smoothly as they did. I talked with many people and although everyone wished it had been better, people handled it with grace. Such class...it was beautiful to see. Can I thank my fellow fans here too? :) xxx
    Always cool when you remind us that you're just another diehard like us - glad you had a great time, and found your special mental photograph moments that I hope never leave... I have a few from this band and know they will reside with me forever.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you're complaining about that show tonight, you should probably give up on live music. It's just not your thing.

I wasn't there,I am distraught of the fact I missed these shows and couldn't agree more that this person should
    give up on live music.....Looks like a stellar show to me!!!!
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    this is plagirism at it's best, But like many others out there, we wish to repeat.........
    WE wish WE where THERE!

Best wishes to all of you experiencing it :D
  • Options
    I did not have the pleasure of seeing last nights show but watching the videos that have been posted one thing really sticks out. Mike McCready is one bad mofo. His solos from last night were amazing, he seams to get better and better with each passing tour.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    The list of people who have seen Temple of the Dog live is quite short. Don't think anyone has seen Stardog Champion since Andy Wood died.

And people are complaining? Hol-ee shit.

Seriously, I can't believe the complainers on here. I'll take your tickets for today!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Did anyone see what they left off last night? It felt so abrupt that had to have left more than one song off from what was on the setlist...

I dont know if I really want to know, but curiosity is going strong! :)
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I watched this mother fucker through a choppy cell phone stream and it was freakin amazing! I don't see how there can be so many complaints.
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I haven't smiled and giggled so much since the last time I ate shrooms...

That show was amazing...that venue is amazing.

Can't wait for tonight!!! :mrgreen:
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Outrageous experience. QOTSA was on fire. Strokes were amazing. PJ was on fire. As far as PJ goes top 5 show for me and I have been to 3 spectrum shows, AC and some other great ones.

I was shocked to see any negative comments. If you thought that was a bad show maybe you should consider selling your tix for today to somebody who understands and appreciates a truly phenomenal concert experience.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"