Hurricane Irene

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,964
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    3.5 hours to get my cousins boat out of the water yesterday :-0

One dude cut the huge line of suv/trailers and got his tires slashed

He straight up cut the line, and a mob of angry boaters cut up his tires and hes lucky that's all.

Wow, that's harsh.

At my marina, they would have dragged him out of the car, slapped him around a little, then taken all his cotter pins. It's possible someone might have peed on him, too, just for good measure.

People are insane. This morning the news reporters were talking about skirmishes for bottled water.

Seriously, doesn't anybody have thermoses any more?!? I just filled a 3 gallon and a 2 gallon with tap water, and before the storm hits I'll fill the tub upstairs.
    I should think at a time like this that grand old american spirit of helping others would shine through. You know banding together for a common objective.

Instead that grand new american spirit DID shine though. Selfish fuck gets stranded by other selfish fucks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    almost time kiddies....

got lucky with a small grocery store in downtown brooklyn

$ 291 later..... im ready to not leave my crib till monday morning...hopefully

$291?? did you not have an ounce of food in your house to start with? it's only 2 days! :? :lol::lol:

i love how crazy people get for these storms. store near me was a fucking madhouse. too funny.

I JUST WENT BACK UP to the stores by me...fucking zoooooooooooo...crazy

as for the bill yesterday...i stocked the fuck up.....my concern is losing power....god forbid that happens i might be stuck here for awhile....plus ya never now who might have to come over if they lose power...namely my bro and 3 kids
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i just hope the family beach house is not totally destroyed..it would kinda ruin my 2 week rebuild the beach house because of Irene vacation there starting next weekend :?

fuck that....laborers would be doing that...lets just hope it doesnt happen

i have the bay one block north and the beach 1 block south..if they rise and meet.......oh lord
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    actually one friend is having a bbq today. Thinking of stopping over for awhile until it gets real bad.

my sister in law's bridal shower is today in jersey. they're having it outside :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    actually one friend is having a bbq today. Thinking of stopping over for awhile until it gets real bad.

alot of coworkers were looking to throw party's :roll:

my sister in law's bridal shower is today in jersey. they're having it outside :lol:
    :?

lil rain and wind never hurt anyone...wait :?
    www.myspace.com

how are they even attempting it??? i mean its fucking raining and windy????tents?? :lol: good luck with that

how are they even attempting it??? i mean its fucking raining and windy????tents?? :lol: good luck with that

they got a big covered patio/deck thing going on over there. i don't really know, they'll probably move it inside. apparently a bunch of people canceled at the last minute. not something they can easily reschedule though.
    www.myspace.com

they got a big covered patio/deck thing going on over there. i don't really know, they'll probably move it inside. apparently a bunch of people canceled at the last minute. not something they can easily reschedule though.

crazy..

the news today interviewed a wedding hall owner...2 couples were getting married....1 cancelled,the other couple is going through with it..

how can you expect guests and workers to go the fuck out in this weather??? selfish people
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821
    Well that sucked, it rained real hard for about 15 -20 mins. or so then stopped. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Well that sucked, it rained real hard for about 15 -20 mins. or so then stopped. :?

Look on the bright side. With all the milk, eggs, bottled water, flashlights and batteries you stocked up for you're... well, out a few bucks.

But you can make a really, really big vat of egg nog.

Or, if you're like me _ and I suspect you might be _ you're happy you spent your money on beer instead.
    ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Just got back to PA from Connecticut with girlfriends mother. Didn't know what to expect with the traffic. People in CT didn't seem too worried. The trip back today was very odd, no traffic at all, it was the fastest we've ever made that trip, 3 hours, 45 minutes. Very eerie listening to the radio out of NYC, sounds like the whole city is shut down, no subway or buses after 12 noon.

Here it is very cloudy, very humid, little bit of rain. Looking at radar, we are in the outer reaches of the storm already.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Just got back to PA from Connecticut with girlfriends mother. Didn't know what to expect with the traffic. People in CT didn't seem too worried. The trip back today was very odd, no traffic at all, it was the fastest we've ever made that trip, 3 hours, 45 minutes. Very eerie listening to the radio out of NYC, sounds like the whole city is shut down, no subway or buses after 12 noon.

Here it is very cloudy, very humid, little bit of rain. Looking at radar, we are in the outer reaches of the storm already.

nyc is in shutdown mode....i think they are gonna cut the power in the low-lying areas b4 it has a chance to flood

of course my parents are in that area :? ....sucks
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wow i assumed traffic would be intense today... good to hear people are staying off the roads!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

nyc is in shutdown mode....i think they are gonna cut the power in the low-lying areas b4 it has a chance to flood

yikes. I have a few friends in the city, hope they are doing ok. My girlfriend and her mother went to the grocery store, we have no food at all. Hopefully there won't be a riot there.
    http://www.stormpulse.com/atlantic

updated..404 miles from nyc

336 from philly
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yikes. I have a few friends in the city, hope they are doing ok. My girlfriend and her mother went to the grocery store, we have no food at all. Hopefully there won't be a riot there.

yea stores are nuts..hope they get something at store

stay safe all
    Cloudy and overcast here in the Boston area.

Very humid, supposedly thunderstorms coming, it's 79 degrees, 64% humidity, winds 5 mph.

On my way out for no particular reason. I'll probably stop by the public landing and see what's up there with everyone pulling boats.

Calm before the storm, right?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    after the windstorm last june which subsequently dumped our 40ft+ tree onto the roof of our house, mr. dream and i are definitely more jittery than usual about ANY storms....so this is just :shock: .

be safe all and hope for the best!
    *fingers crossed*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    2 big branches and a tree down at my moms in North Carolina. Luckily just the fence got messed up. Nothing to the house.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2 big branches and a tree down at my moms in North Carolina. Luckily just the fence got messed up. Nothing to the house.

Good news!
    :thumbup:

Near the coast there?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good news!
    :thumbup:

Near the coast there?

Definitely good news. Not terribly close to the coast but got hit hard so close enough. She's in Greenville.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ouch.
    glad nothing too major.
    i sooo hope we can get thru all this relatively unscathed, i don't think i can handle anymore this year. :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

9 yr old dead in carolina..tree on the house :(
    ok, my mother and her husband, 5 years ago they retired and are travelling around the country in an RV, they got here a few days ago for their annual visit. The campground is evacuating, so they are headed towards Gettysburg, PA.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Already raining intensely here and the fun hasn't even started yet :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

where are you? we are near Reading, PA. lots of dark clouds rolling in, bit of wind, bit of rain right now.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

where are you? we are near Reading, PA. lots of dark clouds rolling in, bit of wind, bit of rain right now.
    I'm in Cherry Hill...just a handful of miles outside of Philly. It is pouring :( No wind yet though
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"