Hurricane Irene

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    have I mentioned that we are out of bean dip?

I just bought enough BBQ for a football team

I cannot believe :roll: :roll: :roll: that in a thread about a very serious situation, you people :roll: :roll: :roll: are going on :roll: :roll: :roll: about bean dip :roll: :roll: :roll: and BBQ :roll: :x :roll: enough to feed a football :roll: :roll: :roll: team :roll: :roll:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Dang Dang wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I cannot believe :roll: :roll: :roll: that in a thread about a very serious situation, you people :roll: :roll: :roll: are going on :roll: :roll: :roll: about bean dip :roll: :roll: :roll: and BBQ :roll: :x :roll: enough to feed a football :roll: :roll: :roll: team :roll: :roll:

Ok sweetie..we get your non funny wisecrack..don't bring it into here please. Ty
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    And we might need the food if the power goes out for x amount of time..yes we can lose power for days..but it's nice where u live today so go out and enjoy it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Tornado warning for my college :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Dang Dang wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

just trying to add a little levity to a serious situation that we happen to be in the middle of. We who are in it are very nervous about it.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Dang Dang wrote:

just trying to add a little levity to a serious situation that we happen to be in the middle of. We who are in it are very nervous about it.

It's funny too some people ...crazy
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

My family in Virginia is joking about running out of s'mores. My friends in North Carolina are joking about running out of beer. It feels like earthquake weather here in LA today, no kidding. We're always nervous about earthquakes. So we buy booze.

Tornados are popping up all over....b safe
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    have not seen status updates from my family & friends in VA/DC in the last hour or 2...hope that just means power outages or conserving their phone battery charge...

according to the news the worst hasn't got there yet...

however they are already getting flash flooding...

ugh....that's exactly how a hurricane fucked up parts of our neighborhood and 4&1/2 ft of water ruined everything in our basement when i was 8...my mom & i dealing with that waaaay paled to not knowing if my dad & his friend were dead or alive for over 3 days, cause they got in his boat before the storm hit to take supplies to ppl that were already sure to be stranded...

so yeah i really hope my back east peeps are doing okay :?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scary stuff. I'm far enough off the coast that I should be ok here. I'm mostly worried about losing power. Hope you stay safe too!

Scary stuff. I'm far enough off the coast that I should be ok here. I'm mostly worried about losing power. Hope you stay safe too!

Me to...power is my mainnconcern...gonna be a long night
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I work for a power company and I can tell you we are preparing for a massive restoration effort
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I work for a power company and I can tell you we are preparing for a massive restoration effort

My pop works for con edition and he thinks the power will be cut once the flooding gets bad as to not cause further damage ...weather can be wicked...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Jesus, a couple threads really took off. The world is not ending. Yes, its a serious situation and the weather blows, but joking is fine.
    If the west coast got 2 feet of snow and were freaking out like the world was ending, would we be making fun of them in a fun way? Yes, even if people died in car accidents caused by the snow. Is the hurricane serious? Yes. Shold everyone be extremely careful? Yes. But jesus, come on.

My lights just flickered and the houses on the other side of the park just lost power. :? They're saying if we lose power it could be 1 - 3 weeks before it's restored!!! :shock: WTF??? Please let us keep our power :(

Tornado warning for my parents, brother and best friend now. The area keeps spreading. They're saying they would be weak, but they just showed some houses in Delaware that were destroyed by them.

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    Tornado warning for my parents, brother and best friend now. The area keeps spreading. They're saying they would be weak, but they just showed some houses in Delaware that were destroyed by them.

Is a "weak" tornado like a "weak" hurricane?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jesus, a couple threads really took off. The world is not ending. Yes, its a serious situation and the weather blows, but joking is fine.

To each his own cliffy...I see it different

My lights just flickered and the houses on the other side of the park just lost power. :? They're saying if we lose power it could be 1 - 3 weeks before it's restored!!! :shock: WTF??? Please let us keep our power :(

Oh lord..all the best
    All ny has a tornado warning till 5 or 6 am...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm with you _ I'd rather be laughing when the world ends.

And... have good food to enjoy.
    :lol:;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm with you _ I'd rather be laughing when the world ends.

And... have good food to enjoy.
    :lol:;)
    and beer... :geek:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But dude, what do you want people to do? Sit in the bathroom of their house shivering in panic. There's nothing anyone can do. I am pretty certain no one here is laughing at anyone dying or wants anything bad to happen to anyone, it's just making a little light out of a terrible situation.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    i know some friends near me have lost power. Luckily I haven't yet :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But dude, what do you want people to do? Sit in the bathroom of their house shivering in panic. There's nothing anyone can do. I am pretty certain no one here is laughing at anyone dying or wants anything bad to happen to anyone, it's just making a little light out of a terrible situation.

I never said they were cliffy..
    It's just not something to joke about ..IMO
    And I felt the need to say it

Not that anyway cares what I think anyway

I wouldn't joke about any serious weather conditions in any part of the world..again that's just me

Ok I said what I had to ...hope u and the family stay safe
    I never said they were cliffy..
    It's just not something to joke about ..IMO
    And I felt the need to say it

Not that anyway cares what I think anyway

I wouldn't joke about any serious weather conditions in any part of the world..again that's just me

Ok I said what I had to ...hope u and the family stay safe

Fair enough, dude. You too man. Stay safe and keep the family safe. It's getting rough here in South Philly
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Tornado in Petrocs area... he's gone offline, power went off... worried about him.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    1 dead and 1 injured in Philly after they lost control of their car.

GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD!
    edited August 2011
    mayor bloombrg live right now

he looks like he is gonna faint ...