Hurricane Irene

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ok i was stupid and decided to go to the supermarket :oops:

Me too, bananas. I went to a small Super Fresh in the city. I can't imagine some of the bigger places.

That said, all stocked up on beer. Case of Dos Equis and a variety case of Philadelphia Brewing.

by some of the bigger places, you mean wegmans right? good god what a fucking mad house.

luckily they sell beer. your juggler was able to kill 2 birds with one stone and opted for the prima pils courtesy of downingtown's own, VICTORY!!!

i got some smoked cheese too, courtesy of holland. :?

Yeah, upstate new yorks own Wegmans and just a regular sized supermarket in general. The superfresh I was at is literally 8-10 asiles and it was a zoo but I am sure not as bad as other places since less people drive there in the city.

Was thinking about going with Victory, but went with Phialdelphia since I was buying two cases and trying to save a buck or two.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

by some of the bigger places, you mean wegmans right? good god what a fucking mad house.

luckily they sell beer. your juggler was able to kill 2 birds with one stone and opted for the prima pils courtesy of downingtown's own, VICTORY!!!

Yeah, upstate new yorks own Wegmans and just a regular sized supermarket in general. The superfresh I was at is literally 8-10 asiles and it was a zoo but I am sure not as bad as other places since less people drive there in the city.

Was thinking about going with Victory, but went with Phialdelphia since I was buying two cases and trying to save a buck or two.

you can never go wrong with Philadelphia, cliffy.
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    be safe, everyone....
    growing up in Houston, i've seen my fair share of hurricanes & tropical storms. please listen to the warnings. just talked to some family up there & had to twist my aunt's arm to go my other aunt's house b/c she didn't want to leave....but she's going.

be safe.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ok i was stupid and decided to go to the supermarket :oops:

Me too, bananas. I went to a small Super Fresh in the city. I can't imagine some of the bigger places.

That said, all stocked up on beer. Case of Dos Equis and a variety case of Philadelphia Brewing.

i work near victory (in the shopping center where wegman's is) Didnt go to wegman's though, went to the grocery store a little closer to me and that was packed as well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Just arrived in Connecticut. All is calm, seems like no one is worried. Gas station in Phillipsburg, NJ, just over the PA border, was out of regular unleaded, that was odd.

Going to get back on the road butt-crack of dawn to get back to PA.
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    Hang in there everyone!! Best of luck! Remember 'Just Breathe'! :)
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This hurricane is making me happy. First day of classes on Monday got cancelled! :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Not one loaf of bread on the shelf in my grocery store at 3:30ish. And no D batteries in six stores.

Stay safe all.
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Newch91 wrote:
    This hurricane is making me happy. First day of classes on Monday got cancelled! :D
    I miss school. :( It makes me sad when people are grateful classes are canceled. Why even go if you don't want to be there? You get to learn new things! I don't see the problem.. Just wait until you have a full time job and it's the same bullshit everyday. :?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Gob wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I miss school. :( It makes me sad when people are grateful classes are canceled. Why even go if you don't want to be there? You get to learn new things! I don't see the problem.. Just wait until you have a full time job and it's the same bullshit everyday. :?
    It's an extra day of summer vacation. It's better that it starts on a Tuesday.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    almost time kiddies....

got lucky with a small grocery store in downtown brooklyn

$ 291 later..... im ready to not leave my crib till monday morning...hopefully
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    STAY SAFE!!! I AM HOPING IT IS OVER QUICK AND EASY!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!

disappointing shimmy.....quick and easy ????? you?? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well played! :mrgreen:
    i just hope the family beach house is still standing..it would kinda ruin my 2 week vacation there starting next weekend :?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well played! :mrgreen:

if it was quick and easy...i probably didn't play it well ;):lol:

well enough to get me! :lol:

HEYYYY OHHHHHHHH

MY WATER ON THE ROAD WILL DO THAT :mrgreen:

HEYYYY OHHHHHHHH

And it does..EVERY TIME!!! ;) Thank you again!! :mrgreen:

I hope your beach place is safe, that's not fun at all!

HEYYYY OHHHHHHHH

And it does..EVERY TIME!!! ;) Thank you again!! :mrgreen:

I hope your beach place is safe, that's not fun at all!

THANKS....goodnight..got a long weeked to deal with
    THANKS....goodnight..got a long weeked to deal with

Good night. Stay safe. :D :wave:
    edited August 2011
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    almost time kiddies....

got lucky with a small grocery store in downtown brooklyn

$ 291 later..... im ready to not leave my crib till monday morning...hopefully

$291?? did you not have an ounce of food in your house to start with? it's only 2 days! :? :lol::lol:

i love how crazy people get for these storms. store near me was a fucking madhouse. too funny.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    i just hope the family beach house is not totally destroyed..it would kinda ruin my 2 week rebuild the beach house because of Irene vacation there starting next weekend :?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Pretty crazy in NC. Getting hit hard in Greenville and that's a ways inland. Looks like the center was close for a while though. My mom doesn't have power. That's all I hope I don't lose.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    3.5 hours to get my cousins boat out of the water yesterday :-0

One dude cut the huge line of suv/trailers and got his tires slashed

He straight up cut the line, and a mob of angry boaters cut up his tires and hes lucky that's all.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He straight up cut the line, and a mob of angry boaters cut up his tires and hes lucky that's all.

:shock:

:lol::lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821
    actually one friend is having a bbq today. Thinking of stopping over for awhile until it gets real bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Wow, that's harsh.

At my marina, they would have dragged him out of the car, slapped him around a little, then taken all his cotter pins. It's possible someone might have peed on him, too, just for good measure.

People are insane. This morning the news reporters were talking about skirmishes for bottled water.

Seriously, doesn't anybody have thermoses any more?!? I just filled a 3 gallon and a 2 gallon with tap water, and before the storm hits I'll fill the tub upstairs.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)