Hurricane Irene

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
This thing looks like trouble. Carolinas and New England looks to be the target

Gonna be nasty here on LI Sunday, hopefully it stays away. If not be safe and be cautious. It's well formed and looks massive
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This thing looks like trouble. Carolinas and New England looks to be the target

Gonna be nasty here on LI Sunday, hopefully it stays away. If not be safe and be cautious. It's well formed and looks massive

That's what she said...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Our little town is always featured on the news when a storm blows through. *sigh*

Well I feel less bad (very slightly) about the boat disaster last weekend since the boat has been hauled out and is on dry land at the dealership.

And slightly less bad about my trailer being safely at its dealership _ I really hope they get that leak fixed before the rain starts! :?

My backup plan to take the dogs to an outdoor agility trial here in Massachusetts is looking less and less like it's going to happen.

So, instead we will move all the outside furniture under the deck and secure it.

Move all the agility equipment into the garage.

Charge up all electronic devices ahead of time.

Fill generator with fuel.

Stock up on beer and kibble.

We're good.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    we just got an update from the chain of command, i'm clear where i am but it's supposed to hit Charleston, SC pretty hard on saturday morning
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    http://www.stormpulse.com/
    Right now it looks like I'm going to be spared for a change, huzzah!
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    some people in drought stricken central nc are praying for enough rain to help without harming the coast
    really
    people here are praying for a hurricane to come close enough to rain on them but that the areas that will have to bear the brunt in order for this to happen be ok
    cause you know
    by their own beliefs
    the same God they are beseeching to make this miracle happen is the same God that sent the damn hurricane

afw
    i hope that ALL of earth's creatures are safe from harm and find shelter from the storm
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:
    we just got an update from the chain of command, i'm clear where i am but it's supposed to hit Charleston, SC pretty hard on saturday morning

good thing everything down there is on stilts.

one of my fav cities
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'll be sitting at the tiki bar drinking beer out of a Thermos.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

and how is this different from the other 364 days in your life?
    norm wrote:

and how is this different from the other 364 days in your life?

Beer would blow right out of a pint glass. That my friend, is the only difference...
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:

one of my fav cities
    yeah it's a nice place but it's a bitch to drive through on 17
  • Having recently moved to Providence, RI, this will be our first hurricane experience.

Thankfully we live up on a hill so we won't have to deal with any potential river flooding.

Winds...well that might be another story...

Stay safe everyone!
    Having recently moved to Providence, RI, this will be our first hurricane experience.

Thankfully we live up on a hill so we won't have to deal with any potential river flooding.

Stay safe everyone!

Come down to my bar in Warwick and watch the waves. ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:

one of my fav cities
    yeah it's a nice place but it's a bitch to drive through on 17

17...don't know that road. :lol:

we came down I26. spent christmas 09 there. most relaxing trip ever. people were friendly, history was cool, microbeer was good, pensiula grill was excellent, the aircraft carrier is a cool tour.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    we are just about in the 3-day cone of uncertainty:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.sh ... e#contents

plan for the worst, hope for the best.

our Boy Scout troop motto: be with someone who is prepared.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    its coming be safe all...

gotta get to the beach house and put all the patio furniture away :twisted:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • They're saying we could get upwards of 10 inches of rain from this storm here in CT. Could be a Cat. 1 by the time it hits here...which is more than we've had here in a long time. Last hurricane here that was even as close was Gloria...I was just a wee babe when that happened...but they're saying this will be worse than that.

Get those sump pumps ready kids... unless of course, you like basement swimming that is.

Guess I should probably do some grocery shopping huh... junk food, beer, liquor and well, anything that doesn't require cooking (more junk food) and maybe some fruit for good measure.

le sigh

Oh...and guess where my mom is heading on Saturday for her vacation?? South Carolina. Think Im able to convince her to change her plans?...nope. She's about to start ignoring my emails and warnings altogether :lol: :? Think I will need to save the cat that she is leaving home this time though. I left him last year and it turned out it wasnt so bad...but I dont think we're going to get out of it so easy this year.

new leather couch + cat with claws = ratfuck situation :x
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I hate the weather channel. They always exxagerate the crap out of everything to get you scared. Im in north jersey and just hope ill be fine. TBH all I care about is my car not getting wrecked from winds and flooding.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    fuck fuck fuckity fuck! My last weekend to enjoy the pool :( Suck it, Irene! :twisted:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Suck it, Irene! :twisted:

probably not the first time she's heard that!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I hope everyone stays safe. Hopefully Irene doesn't have (a) relative(s) coming next weekend... :?
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    norm wrote:
    Suck it, Irene! :twisted:

probably not the first time she's heard that!

norm
    norm
    norm
    that was hilarious
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    This just may be enough of a problem to ruin my PJ20 weekend. :cry::cry:
    Of course, if thats the worst thing that happens I'll consider myself lucky.

Be safe all, take it seriously.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    I hate the weather channel. They always exxagerate the crap out of everything to get you scared. Im in north jersey and just hope ill be fine. TBH all I care about is my car not getting wrecked from winds and flooding.

better to be overprepared then underprepared. everyone heed any warnings and evacuation plans as they come. mother nature don't fuck around. be safe everyone.

Just learned this hard way today!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Having recently moved to Providence, RI, this will be our first hurricane experience.

Stay safe everyone!

BiG waves coming in here in Fla today.. expected to get bigger tomorrow. I might bring my video camera down to the pier and get some shots for youtube.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Stay safe everyone!

BiG waves coming in here in Fla today.. expected to get bigger tomorrow. I might bring my video camera down to the pier and get some shots for youtube.

Famous last words?
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Famous last words?

:lol:
    haha, actually, I thought that "I'm going surfing" would be my famous last words, so I opt for video camera. 8-)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    They're saying we could get upwards of 10 inches of rain from this storm here in CT. Could be a Cat. 1 by the time it hits here...which is more than we've had here in a long time. Last hurricane here that was even as close was Gloria...I was just a wee babe when that happened...but they're saying this will be worse than that.

Get those sump pumps ready kids... unless of course, you like basement swimming that is.

Guess I should probably do some grocery shopping huh... junk food, beer, liquor and well, anything that doesn't require cooking (more junk food) and maybe some fruit for good measure.

le sigh

Oh...and guess where my mom is heading on Saturday for her vacation?? South Carolina. Think Im able to convince her to change her plans?...nope. She's about to start ignoring my emails and warnings altogether :lol: :? Think I will need to save the cat that she is leaving home this time though. I left him last year and it turned out it wasnt so bad...but I dont think we're going to get out of it so easy this year.

10 inches of rain? That's a lot.

What about Hurricane Bob in 1991?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    hope everyone stays safe....
    i grew up in Houston, so i know all about hurricanes. take all of the warnings seriously.
    be safe!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I wonder if out genius (I use that term loosely) governor will declare a state of emergency. He didn't for the blizzard we had back in January.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful