Hurricane Irene

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,821
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1 dead and 1 injured in Philly after they lost control of their car.

GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD!

95 or the Schuy KILL?

lost power for a minute.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I can't take all of these emergency messages that keep popping up on TV. We get it, the weather is bad. Nothing we can do.

I think it's time to put on a PJ DVD
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I never said they were cliffy..
    It's just not something to joke about ..IMO
    And I felt the need to say it

Not that anyway cares what I think anyway

I wouldn't joke about any serious weather conditions in any part of the world..again that's just me

Ok I said what I had to ...hope u and the family stay safe

Fair enough, dude. You too man. Stay safe and keep the family safe. It's getting rough here in South Philly

yea weather picked up here bigtime in the past 1/2 hour...long night ahead
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

95 or the Schuy KILL?

lost power for a minute.

I dont think either. It said NE Philly and it didn't look like it was a highway.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I can't take all of these emergency messages that keep popping up on TV. We get it, the weather is bad. Nothing we can do.

I think it's time to put on a PJ DVD

i was thinking bout that... if the weather's wrong gotta put alittle fixing on it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

95 or the Schuy KILL?

lost power for a minute.

people are nuts..

just heard 2 people in a kayak had to be rescused off staten island...wtf is wrong with people
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

95 or the Schuy KILL?

lost power for a minute.

people are nuts..

just heard 2 people in a kayak had to be rescused off staten island...wtf is wrong with people
    Why the hell would someone kayak during this?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Newch91 wrote:
    idiots.
    Newch91 wrote:

95 or the Schuy KILL?

lost power for a minute.

people are nuts..

they were issued a ticket after the police boat got them...

the offense on the ticket is gonna say ...BEING A DOPE

i don't have any idea wht would posses people to do that
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    wind is really starting to pick up here, along with the rain
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Tone wrote:
    Tornado in Petrocs area... he's gone offline, power went off... worried about him.
    Tim just heard from him. He's ok.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Tone wrote:
    Tornado in Petrocs area... he's gone offline, power went off... worried about him.
    Be safe....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Tone wrote:

watching the radar and what you had about 40 minutes ago is now hitting here.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Tone wrote:

Thanks... he just texted me too... said there are 3 tornadoes down within 40miles around him... he's hunkered down.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    tornado's have just made this even more stupid...they never mentioned anything about these

how the fuck can anyone sleep
    I know... I feel quite safe in NYC but I'm really worried about my friends in houses throughout the Jersey shore and Jersey/PA border area... there's no way I can sleep knowing how hairy it's getting. Just heard from a friend down Jersey Shore, stuff is getting crazy there... they've moved into basement.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    tornado's have just made this even more stupid...they never mentioned anything about these

how the fuck can anyone sleep

Happens on the outside of hurricanes with the swirling winds. Tornados blow.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Tone wrote:
    Tone wrote:

Thanks... he just texted me too... said there are 3 tornadoes down within 40miles around him... he's hunkered down.
    It's pretty scary. My mom, brother and best friend all had to head to the basement. Somehow it went around us.

All of my co-workers live in Atlantic, Cape May and Ocean counties and have all been evacuated. Not sure what they'll be going back to. They showed some flooding in Wildwood that was really bad already.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Stay alert, babe... and I hope your family is okay and stays safe.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    be safe cbg

ive never seen times square so empty

tone, holy crow ive havent seen your name in ages on here. stay safe :).
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Yeah, I haven't been around these parts for a while :)

Times Square could use a jolly good clean!
    alright kids...its about to really get going here in

fyi..its better to have windows completly closed...not even open a crack
    next high tide times in nyc and longisland is 7-9am

Mayor Nutter said Philly is going to get the worst of it from 4-8 am so hopefully the tide is heading back out before you get the worst.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Tone wrote:
    Yeah, I haven't been around these parts for a while :)

Times Square could use a jolly good clean!
    i know you haven't thats why i was like whoa blast from the old free board past. :)

times square could use but not this kinda clean
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Am I the only one that can't read those radars? It looks like the worst of the storm is clearing out of philly, but they are saying the worst of the storm is going to be overnight.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Mayor Nutter said Philly is going to get the worst of it from 4-8 am so hopefully the tide is heading back out before you get the worst.

this is beyond insane..we were due for one of these
    The Fixer wrote:
    Am I the only one that can't read those radars? It looks like the worst of the storm is clearing out of philly, but they are saying the worst of the storm is going to be overnight.

worst is yet to come... 4-5 am is when shit is gonna start to really hit the fan
    Yeah, cause it's only the outer bands of the system right now... main eye of hurricane is over Delaware right now
    The Fixer wrote:

worst is yet to come... 4-5 am is when shit is gonna start to really hit the fan

the yellow is the most intense part of the storm right? most of that is northwest of philly at this point. I don't see how the worst is coming for us.

then again, I don't know shit about forecasting the weather