Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    It's even worse on MNF, because of Jaws and Gruden. They are less commentators and more like hype men. You can be watching two 0-10 teams playing and listening to them you would think they were the two best teams on the planet. I love Rodgers, and I think he's playing great (really great) but I think Gruden was getting a little carried away tonight when he said that Rodgers is playing better than any quarterback ever. .

I loved every minute of it last nite. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    It's even worse on MNF, because of Jaws and Gruden. They are less commentators and more like hype men. You can be watching two 0-10 teams playing and listening to them you would think they were the two best teams on the planet. I love Rodgers, and I think he's playing great (really great) but I think Gruden was getting a little carried away tonight when he said that Rodgers is playing better than any quarterback ever. .

I don't. I mean if your looking at last December until now. He's dominating both Yards per attempt and completion percentage which has never been done because usually if you have a high completion percentage you have a low yards per attempt and vice versa. Right now he's on pace to break the TD record and yards record and he's doing this all while getting sacked a lot. I like the way the one guy on ESPN put it (I forget his name), he said "everyone at home close your eyes right now and think of the number on trait in a QB in your opinion..........ok now whatever trait you just thought of, no matter what it is, Aaron Rodgers is the best in the league at that trait. As long as I've been following football I've never been able to say that about a QB"
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RiotZact wrote:
    I don't. I mean if your looking at last December until now. He's dominating both Yards per attempt and completion percentage which has never been done because usually if you have a high completion percentage you have a low yards per attempt and vice versa. Right now he's on pace to break the TD record and yards record and he's doing this all while getting sacked a lot. I like the way the one guy on ESPN put it (I forget his name), he said "everyone at home close your eyes right now and think of the number on trait in a QB in your opinion..........ok now whatever trait you just thought of, no matter what it is, Aaron Rodgers is the best in the league at that trait. As long as I've been following football I've never been able to say that about a QB"

I don't deny he's playing great, but stats aren't the whole story. For instance one could say that the Packers/Rodgers have had this great run against teams with a combined opponent record of 32-41. They've played three 2-7 teams, one of them twice, although that makes the Packers a big factor in Minnesota's 2-7 record. As far as stats go, even Tony Romo has good stats, he's broken 10 Cowboys team records, and ranks 3rd in the NFL all-time in QB rating. And given all that I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as any of the great QBs, or mentioned in the same breath as Rodgers.

Rodgers is certainly on fire, and I think he COULD be one of the all-time greats, but I still think they were getting carried away, as they do with most things on MNF. Rodgers sure did look great last night, but so did Matt Flynn coming off the bench cold. With the exception of Jared Allen the Vikings defense was a sieve. And most of the teams the Packers have played have low ranked defenses. They've only played 1 top ten ranked defense, which was #10 in the San Diego Chargers.

I love the way Rodgers is playing though. It's so nice to have an accurate QB as opposed to a gunslinger. As much as I loved Favre, and as fun as it is to watch a wild card player like him do his thing, his style always made me uneasy. Almost everything Favre did had an equal chance of either being greatness or disastrous. I have much more confidence in Rodgers going into each game because he can control a game as opposed to Favre who was often a gamble, though more often than not a successful one. I think the toughest part of the Packers schedule is coming up, including a Bears team that's finally found their legs, 2 games against the Lions, and a game @NYG. I want to see how all that plays out before I make up my mind on this season
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Yeah I get what your saying. They were defiantly getting carried away at times, once saying "this guy never makes a mistake"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Thank you Jordy and the GB "D". A much needed fantasy win as I held on going against Rodgers and Jennings.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Mamasan where are you??? we're dying to hear about your experience at the game
  • Options
    the way Gruden talks, its like he wants to meet up with Rodgers in the bedroom. Give it a rest and talk about somebody else for a change. Last I heard it takes a team to win games.
  • Options
    the way Gruden talks, its like he wants to meet up with Rodgers in the bedroom. Give it a rest and talk about somebody else for a change. Last I heard it takes a team to win games.

Well, he also carried on about Charles Woodson. I think that was more about self-promotion for Gruden, because, as he pointed out, HE drafted him.
  • Options

He used to coach in GB and well me thinks he still likes the packers.

What are you a Vikings fan or something? lol
  • Options

What are you a Vikings fan or something? lol

F05.jpg
  • Options
    haha listen to the crowed and all the things they chant all through the video

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... kers-loose
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan where are you??? we're dying to hear about your experience at the game

WOW!!! I'm still recovering...what a game!!! Our seats were incredible and I've got a story about we snuck into a box right on the 50 yard line. There was a Lombardi trophy in the box in a glass case, there's no way it could have been the real one but I'll post pics and a full review when I get a minute.....

UNDEFEATED STILL!!!

If Cobb hadn't fumbled that ball it would have been a shut-out and GB's defense finally showed up. I am one happy Packer fan!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Here goes...view from our seats:
    GB1-1.jpg

Lombardi trophy:
    GB2.jpg?t=1321472719

There were signed pics of Brett Favre all over in the box where this trophy was, so we're thinking maybe he or a friend of his owns it. We were insanely hammered when we stumbled in and took the pics and ate the food in there :lol: I may or may not get arrested the next time I go to Lambeau!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fuck the packers. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    That's so fucking awesome Mamasan! You must be the packers defenses' lucky charm. And oh were you one of the people chanting "BEARS STILL SUCK!" in the video I posted above?? :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Here goes...view from our seats:
    GB1-1.jpg

Lombardi trophy:
    GB2.jpg?t=1321472719

There were signed pics of Brett Favre all over in the box where this trophy was, so we're thinking maybe he or a friend of his owns it. We were insanely hammered when we stumbled in and took the pics and ate the food in there :lol: I may or may not get arrested the next time I go to Lambeau!

Awesome view thank you for sharing and glad you had a great time. :D

I must go again sometime soon. Last time for me was the 1996 NFC championship game. It was so dam cold but such a great time. :)
    Actually have a offer to go this sunday but I might be working. :(

Go Pack Go
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fuck the packers. :x

tumblr_lf3oyoIPJU1qzthxgo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    That's so fucking awesome Mamasan! You must be the packers defenses' lucky charm. And oh were you one of the people chanting "BEARS STILL SUCK!" in the video I posted above?? :lol:

I know, it was great!!!! Ha actually every time I leave Lambeau there's a 'Bears Still Suck' chant that I love to participate in, but this time we were way too busy sneaking in the box suites 8-)

My hubby's going again next week...lucky bastard!

Awesome view thank you for sharing and glad you had a great time. :D

I must go again sometime soon. Last time for me was the 1996 NFC championship game. It was so dam cold but such a great time. :)
    Actually have a offer to go this sunday but I might be working. :(

Go Pack Go

Packers trump work EVERY time Patrick!! Go to the game!!!!
  • Options
    I need to get back to Lambeau for a game some time. I haven't been to a game there since Don Majkowski was quarterback. :oops: I have been up there for training camp several times since then, and gone to Packer games in Dallas and New Orleans.
  • Options
    I need to get back to Lambeau for a game some time. I haven't been to a game there since Don Majkowski was quarterback. :oops: I have been up there for training camp several times since then, and gone to Packer games in Dallas and New Orleans.

Yes you are in dire need of a Lambeau fix and STAT! Too bad ticket prices are so high this year...one bad thing about being Superbowl champs I guess. Were you in the old Dallas stadium or in that new monstrosity that Jerry Jones had built?
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yes you are in dire need of a Lambeau fix and STAT! Too bad ticket prices are so high this year...one bad thing about being Superbowl champs I guess. Were you in the old Dallas stadium or in that new monstrosity that Jerry Jones had built?

I haven't seen the Packers play in the new stadium. I don't think they've played here since the new stadium was built. I think the last time they played here was the game where Favre got hurt and Rodgers came in back in '07, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I haven't seen the Packers play in the new stadium. I don't think they've played here since the new stadium was built. I think the last time they played here was the game where Favre got hurt and Rodgers came in back in '07, but I may be wrong.

Other than the Superbowl :mrgreen:

I can't even imagine living in Cowboy country!!! Godspeed to you friend!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Other than the Superbowl :mrgreen:

I can't even imagine living in Cowboy country!!! Godspeed to you friend!

:lol: True. I wasn't even thinking of that, I was thinking Cowboys/Packers games. I didn't even THINK about trying to get Super Bowl tickets, they might as well have been playing in Egypt as far as I was concerned, I wasn't getting in. Living in Cowboys country isn't that bad when the Cowboys aren't doing well, everybody jumps off the bandwagon. There are tons of Packers fans here now!!! Then whenever the next team wins (a long time from now) they will move on to that team, and so on. It's champion chaser central around here.
  • Options
    Only game I've ever been to was in Pittsburgh in 09. The heartbreaking last second TD catch by Mike Wallace. Some drunk old guy wanted to beat me up in the bathroom just cus I was wearing packers stuff. Even though we lost that game I seem to remember beating them the next time we played them in a slightly more important game. :D
  • Options
    :lol: True. I wasn't even thinking of that, I was thinking Cowboys/Packers games. I didn't even THINK about trying to get Super Bowl tickets, they might as well have been playing in Egypt as far as I was concerned, I wasn't getting in. Living in Cowboys country isn't that bad when the Cowboys aren't doing well, everybody jumps off the bandwagon. There are tons of Packers fans here now!!! Then whenever the next team wins (a long time from now) they will move on to that team, and so on. It's champion chaser central around here.

I hear ya! I've already decided that if they make it again this year I'm going to Indianapolis whether I have tix or not, just to be amidst all that would be super cool, you know? Why does that not surprise me about Cowboys fans?

(Sorry to all my Cowboy fan friends out there, but you're just not as cool as the green and gold :D )
    RiotZact wrote:
    Only game I've ever been to was in Pittsburgh in 09. The heartbreaking last second TD catch by Mike Wallace. Some drunk old guy wanted to beat me up in the bathroom just cus I was wearing packers stuff. Even though we lost that game I seem to remember beating them the next time we played them in a slightly more important game. :D

I felt like someone killed my best friend after that game...that and the '07 Giants game with Favre's pick at the end. I would like to scrub those games from my memory! And you need to get to Green Bay!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

I felt like someone killed my best friend after that game...that and the '07 Giants game with Favre's pick at the end. I would like to scrub those games from my memory! And you need to get to Green Bay![/quote]

I wish. It would be so awesome but I can't even imagine how much it would cost for the trip. Hopefully someday after I graduate and I'm a little more financially stable........come to think of it I'm getting my degree in Sports Administration right now so maybe in a few years you'll see my on the sidelines discussing weather or not to run or pass on 3rd and 2 with Mike :D (or sitting in the locker room watching the game on TV waiting to collect all the sweaty jocks for me to wash :oops: )
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    I wish. It would be so awesome but I can't even imagine how much it would cost for the trip. Hopefully someday after I graduate and I'm a little more financially stable........come to think of it I'm getting my degree in Sports Administration right now so maybe in a few years you'll see my on the sidelines discussing weather or not to run or pass on 3rd and 2 with Mike :D (or sitting in the locker room watching the game on TV waiting to collect all the sweaty jocks for me to wash :oops: )

Now why didn't I think of getting my degree in Sports Administration? I couldn't be more jealous!!! You'll get there one day and when you do it'll be that much sweeter!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Now why didn't I think of getting my degree in Sports Administration? I couldn't be more jealous!!! You'll get there one day and when you do it'll be that much sweeter!

haha I sure hope! Johnny Jolly got 6 years in jail. It was really sad hearing him talk about watching the super bowl. It's hard to feel bad for him because he deserved it though.
  • Options
    Ahh man Jolly just couldn't get it together. Too bad!! Like you said, I kinda feel bad, but he's pretty much an idiot for getting involved in all that.

I'm ready for Sunday already!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ahh man Jolly just couldn't get it together. Too bad!! Like you said, I kinda feel bad, but he's pretty much an idiot for getting involved in all that.

I'm ready for Sunday already!

Same! Probably the easiest game we have left except for the chiefs