***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Fuck the packers

how the fuck do you lose to KC

oh wait....never mind

fuck the packers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:
    Fuck the packers

oh wait....never mind

fuck the packers

Look at the standings

You're just mad because KC took the Bears chance of being the spoilers away. That's really the only accomplishment the Bears could hope for this season anyway.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Fuck the packers

oh wait....never mind

fuck the packers

Look at the standings

You're just mad because KC took the Bears chance of being the spoilers away. That's really the only accomplishment the Bears could hope for this season anyway.

as if the Bears have any chance of winning anouther game this season......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Hey, if the Colts can win, and KC can beat the Packers, anything can happen.
    81 wrote:

Hey, if the Colts can win, and KC can beat the Packers, anything can happen.

you have clearly not seen the Bears QB. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    RiotZact wrote:
    It hurts but at least the pressure of being undefeated is off now...not having Gennings obviously played a huge role, the game wasn't on TV here so I had to watch it on ESPN gamecast but from what I heard Finley had a bunch of drops

Yeah, Finley had a shit ton of drops. Can't wait till that loud mouth show boat hole is off our team next year. He will not be missed. Would have loved to have run the table, mainly to make another loud mouth ahole mercury morris go away for ever. As long as they win the Super Bowl, this loss will mean nothing, but anything short of a Super Bowl championship is a let down this year. Let's get healthy and get ready for the playoffs assuming we can lock up home field when SF loses tomorrow night or next Sat.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    pureoc wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    It hurts but at least the pressure of being undefeated is off now...not having Gennings obviously played a huge role, the game wasn't on TV here so I had to watch it on ESPN gamecast but from what I heard Finley had a bunch of drops

Yeah, Finley had a shit ton of drops. Can't wait till that loud mouth show boat hole is off our team next year. He will not be missed. Would have loved to have run the table, mainly to make another loud mouth ahole mercury morris go away for ever. As long as they win the Super Bowl, this loss will mean nothing, but anything short of a Super Bowl championship is a let down this year. Let's get healthy and get ready for the playoffs assuming we can lock up home field when SF loses tomorrow night or next Sat.

Couldn't agree more - seriously at that point he had already had what, 2 or 3 drops? ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE FINLEY. I can't say that I'm not bummed about this loss, but I hope that this helps the guys focus more. The Superbowl is all that matters and this just proved to them that it's not going to be an easy road.

Go Steelers!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Like Chris Berman said last night......had they went undefeated all the way to the super bowl then they would have won 25 games in a row, that would be way to much to ask, they were bound to lose sometime or another luckily it was before the playoffs
    The 49ers all of a sudden make me really nervous. Really really nervous.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Not me. I mean, they're no joke, but they have weaknesses. Hell, the Cowgirls beat them, as did the Cardinals. They have great defense, but they have holes in the secondary. A good quarterback (who isn't nailed down in one spot like the injured Roethlisberger was last night) could pick them apart. And I stress COULD, not everybody has obviously.

And you can't count on the 49ers offense to produce all the time. Last night their kicker eclipsed Jerry Rice as the 49ers all-time single season scoring leader if that tells you anything. And over the course of the season they've been bad in the red zone.

I'm going to continue to worry about the Saints. I think they're a much bigger threat. But I'm not writing off the 49ers either, I just think last night made them look better than they are, especially since Roethlisberger was in bad shape. They are good though, I won't deny that. And it's good to see the 49ers being relevant again. It's kind of like what Boomer said last night, it's like seeing an old college buddy again... "Hey man, how ya been?".
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Not me. I mean, they're no joke, but they have weaknesses. Hell, the Cowgirls beat them, as did the Cardinals. They have great defense, but they have holes in the secondary. A good quarterback (who isn't nailed down in one spot like the injured Roethlisberger was last night) could pick them apart. And I stress COULD, not everybody has obviously.

And you can't count on the 49ers offense to produce all the time. Last night their kicker eclipsed Jerry Rice as the 49ers all-time single season scoring leader if that tells you anything. And over the course of the season they've been bad in the red zone.

I'm going to continue to worry about the Saints. I think they're a much bigger threat. But I'm not writing off the 49ers either, I just think last night made them look better than they are, especially since Roethlisberger was in bad shape. They are good though, I won't deny that. And it's good to see the 49ers being relevant again. It's kind of like what Boomer said last night, it's like seeing an old college buddy again... "Hey man, how ya been?".

At Lambeau field in January I'm not sure who to be more afraid of...the 9ers are built for cold weather the way they run the ball and play D but Brees is having an insanely awesome season
    RiotZact wrote:

At Lambeau field in January I'm not sure who to be more afraid of...the 9ers are built for cold weather the way they run the ball and play D but Brees is having an insanely awesome season

Yeah, and there is one other thing, the Saints have been shaky on the road. They even lost to the Bucs. By the way the Bucs victory over New Orleans in mid-October was their LAST victory. But we can't really talk shit, we just lost to KC.
    So I was just checking hotels in Indianapolis, because let's face it, this is the closest the SB is ever going to be to me. Even if the Packers don't make it in, it'll still be fun to be in the area. There are only 7 hotels in the area left with available rooms on Orbitz...and the prices are insane! Think I might book a room anyway....
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So I was just checking hotels in Indianapolis, because let's face it, this is the closest the SB is ever going to be to me. Even if the Packers don't make it in, it'll still be fun to be in the area. There are only 7 hotels in the area left with available rooms on Orbitz...and the prices are insane! Think I might book a room anyway....

Do it!!! once in a lifetime opportunity
    Mamasan23 wrote:

unless you are going to the game...stay home....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

unless you are going to the game...stay home....

Last year we had legions of cheeseheads and Steelers fans descend on the D/FW area just to tailgate and watch the game on the big screens set up outside the stadium. They probably wished they'd stayed home though. We had horrible weather, unprepared road crews, rolling blackouts, and a ticket debacle waiting for everybody who made the trip.
    We're definitely not going to be able to actually go to the game, but I agree with Zack, once in a lifetime opportunity! I booked the room, but we can cancel w/ full refund up until Feb 2nd just in case. We're also kind of toying with driving up to Green Bay if the Pack make it in, so we'll see. Had the time of my life tailgating in the rain for PJ20, this would be a close second no matter what the weather :D
    Can't wait to be at the game tonight, 3rd of the year for me, New Orleans, St Louis and tonight. Let's go Pack, time to lock up homefield!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Glad to see the offense picking it up, in comparison to how they started. Defense looking a little better too. Although I'm not happy about Starks blowing his assignments, and neither was Rodgers.

Loved Rodgers posterizing the Bears defense.
    HOME FIELD!!! Nice we won, but D worries the shit outta me, 440+ yards to a 3rd string QB and RB. What will Brees and co. do to us in the playoffs? Once again Finley sucks!!! I'm calling it right now, he will be a Redskin next year. Daniel Schnieder is dumb enough to pay him big money.
    I'm pretty sure that we are the only team to ever have given up more yards than we have gained and still have such an awesome record :? but who cares winning is winning and we are winning. About the Starks thing I totally agree that he shouldn't have screwed up but Rodgers pulled a total Tom Brady on that one and it made me kinda mad. First of all he fell down and didn't even try, which is understandable cus he doesn't want to get hurt but he usually dives in those situations, but second of all yelling at a guy like that is the worst thing to do IMO, it just makes him feel like a dog walking away with his tail between his legs which only does bad for the team.
    RiotZact wrote:
    About the Starks thing I totally agree that he shouldn't have screwed up but Rodgers pulled a total Tom Brady on that one and it made me kinda mad. First of all he fell down and didn't even try, which is understandable cus he doesn't want to get hurt but he usually dives in those situations, but second of all yelling at a guy like that is the worst thing to do IMO, it just makes him feel like a dog walking away with his tail between his legs which only does bad for the team.

Normally I would agree, and I think normally Rodgers wouldn't do something like that, but that was the second time on THAT drive where he turned to hand the ball to Starks and he was nowhere to be seen. And there was another play that drive where it looked like Starks screwed up, but they managed to salvage it by getting the handoff, but the play didn't go anywhere because of the delay and Starks probably didn't know what hole he was supposed to hit. But even if you don't count that one, there were two busted plays because of Starks not knowing what he was supposed to do. That shouldn't happen. And twice in the same drive was probably even more aggravating.

It wasn't that bad of an outburst, but he did lose his cool for a second. And I can see why. Michaels and Collinsworth sort of apologized for Starks by saying he's been out, but that's no excuse for not knowing your assignment. I can understand being a little rusty physically, but if you've been out, you should still know the plays. You should know them even better because you've had plenty of time to study the playbook.
    Yeah I agree, I think that drive makes Grant the starter in the playoffs for sure, he's looked great lately......I also forgot to mention great game by james jones, no drops and 2 TDs if I remember correctly
    RiotZact wrote:
    Yeah I agree, I think that drive makes Grant the starter in the playoffs for sure, he's looked great lately......I also forgot to mention great game by james jones, no drops and 2 TDs if I remember correctly

No drops, something Finley should work on.
    "Hello Brian and Lance. Oh by the way... WELCOME TO MY POSTER!!!"

481539163.gif
    Not that it really matters but how did Jordey not make the pro bowl? ESPN said he's statistically the most efficient receiver in the whole league. He has been targeted less times than 73 players yet still is 3rd in TD catches.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    jordy nelson playing full game on sunday?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    If Rodgers and co drive down and get a TD on the 1st drive, take him out. I give Rodgers 2 drives max. Maybe if it was another team play him a half, but we all know the Lions are the dirtiest team in the league. Don't give them an opportunity to get a cheap shot in. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they try to take some cheap shots. Leave Finley in though, no one gives a shit if he would get hurt!
    pureoc wrote:
    If Rodgers and co drive down and get a TD on the 1st drive, take him out. I give Rodgers 2 drives max. Maybe if it was another team play him a half, but we all know the Lions are the dirtiest team in the league. Don't give them an opportunity to get a cheap shot in. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they try to take some cheap shots. Leave Finley in though, no one gives a shit if he would get hurt!

With the perfect season pressure off, having home field and everything else they need for the playoffs clinched, I wouldn't even put him in for 1 drive. I wouldn't have any starters in if I were McCarthy. If I could I'd pull people out of the crowd and put a helmet and pads on them and tell them to have fun.

I guess there could be a concern about not playing guys in this game, and having a bye week could leave them cold going into the first playoff game, but I'd rather have guys "cold" than injured.

Put Flynn in there, and all the other backups. Shit, put me in. I'll even call all the plays so McCarthy doesn't have to give anything away. We'll run fake punts and "The Annexation Of Puerto Rico" all day and still beat those Lions.
    pureoc wrote:

With the perfect season pressure off, having home field and everything else they need for the playoffs clinched, I wouldn't even put him in for 1 drive. I wouldn't have any starters in if I were McCarthy. If I could I'd pull people out of the crowd and put a helmet and pads on them and tell them to have fun.

I guess there could be a concern about not playing guys in this game, and having a bye week could leave them cold going into the first playoff game, but I'd rather have guys "cold" than injured.

Put Flynn in there, and all the other backups. Shit, put me in. I'll even call all the plays so McCarthy doesn't have to give anything away. We'll run fake punts and "The Annexation Of Puerto Rico" all day and still beat those Lions.

And that we did with our JV team!! How's that feel Detroit? We beat you with a back up QB (who through for a franchise record 6 td's). Your reward Detroit.... a trip to New Orleans where you will more than likely get your ass kicked. Couldn't have happened to a bigger a hole team. Suh, getting 1, yes ONE sack and doing the discount double check? What have you won that you get some title Suh? You haven't won shit and as long as you play in Detroit you won't win shit.

Defense of the title starts 3:30pm Jan 15th!!!!