Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    shadowcast wrote:
    Choke on that Discount Double choke.

That was original and kind of funny after the Kansas City game, but it was old and lame well before last night's game. Especially since Rodgers was the only player who looked like he showed up last night. Not everybody can pimp McDonalds like Cutler did.

Still though, all I should really have to say is 8-8.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:
    Choke on that Discount Double choke.

That was original and kind of funny after the Kansas City game, but it was old and lame well before last night's game. Especially since Rodgers was the only player who looked like he showed up last night. Not everybody can pimp McDonalds like Cutler did.

Still though, all I should really have to say is 8-8.

beat that drum slowly

:lol:

Cutler and the bears were having a good season, until knox fell down on a pass play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited January 2012
    packer fan greg at work and I had a convo today:

someone on the radio said, "in today's nfl, brett favre wouldnt have played in as many games bc of the new concussion rules"

i said back in ditka's day, conussions were called headaches
    packer fan greg at work said- ditka never got concussions, concussions got ditkas

Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

someone on the radio said, "in today's nfl, brett favre wouldnt have played in as many games bc of the new concussion rules"

packer fan greg at work said- ditka never got conussions, concussions got ditkas

"Hey Mike, what do you think of the new concussion rules?"

mikeditkafinger.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Davidtrios wrote:

packer fan greg at work said- ditka never got conussions, concussions got ditkas

"Hey Mike, what do you think of the new concussion rules?"

mikeditkafinger.jpg
    Huh? What? Wear did my car keys go? Oh, we get the 5th pick?

medium_wedding.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    They deserved to lose, every single person wasn't ready, all the drops, bad passes, blown coverages and missed tackles. No one to blame but the packers, but it really is funny seeing how many people were just waiting for the packers to lose like futon said as if it's some kind of consolation prize. How you could call the Packers or Rodgers douche-y I'm not sure. He wasn't playing "the blame game", only one time he got upset with Finley then they were both smiling about it 2 seconds later in the huddle, and as far as the commercials....yeah what a douche, doing 3 nationally televised commercials that all MAKE FUN OF HIM! do you people not think before you talk? Anyway at least this will put a chip on their shoulder for next year, that seems to be when they do best.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    They deserved to lose, every single person wasn't ready, all the drops, bad passes, blown coverages and missed tackles. No one to blame but the packers, but it really is funny seeing how many people were just waiting for the packers to lose like futon said as if it's some kind of consolation prize. How you could call the Packers or Rodgers douche-y I'm not sure. He wasn't playing "the blame game", only one time he got upset with Finley then they were both smiling about it 2 seconds later in the huddle, and as far as the commercials....yeah what a douche, doing 3 nationally televised commercials that all MAKE FUN OF HIM! do you people not think before you talk? Anyway at least this will put a chip on their shoulder for next year, that seems to be when they do best.

if i've said it once, i've said it a millions times......Fuck the Packers :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Well 81 the Packers must have been listening to you cus they sure fucked themselves hard yesterday
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    tater926 wrote:
    My bro and I are going to the game tomorrow. I honestly don't have a good feeling about this one. Then again, I'm the biggest pessimist when it comes to the pack. I believe in jinxing (I know, I know), so I'm always afraid to pick them.
    It's all your fault :twisted:

But the Giants also had something to do with it ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    RiotZact wrote:

I thought he was a douche long before yesterday or I seen the commercials. I don't think the commercials are particularly douche-y until you combine them with his press conferences. I feel like he's trying to do damage control. The guy just bleeds arrogance in his interviews. I mean, name one non douchebag that wears a fucking newsboy.

To be honest I didn't even really notice him throwing any fits during the game and I don't think the loss can be totally put on him. I pulled for the Packers through last years SB til I seen a ton of the press afterwards and the guy was kinda unbearable.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    I mean, name one non douchebag that wears a fucking newsboy.
    Jeff Ament?
    :think:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    I mean, name one non douchebag that wears a fucking newsboy.

samuel_l_jackson_glasses.jpg

"Now get these motherfuckin' haters off my motherfuckin' thread!!!"
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/ma ... kers-bears

Until the beat us on the biggest stage possible, I have bragging rights for life!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Are we done bashing the Packers yet??? Hell no, screw those deer fuckers!!!!
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/ma ... kers-bears

Until the beat us on the biggest stage possible, I have bragging rights for life!

being the bright guy that you are, i'm sure you realize the post season head to head record is 1-1 with the bears owning an edge on the combined scoreboard at 47-35?

or do you only count games played last year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I'm still not really ready to soak what happened in fully yet...totally in shock. The Packers played like garbage, and like SatansFuton said, they don't deserve to be in the SB playing like that. All those drops are completely and totally unacceptable. Driver's the only one that came out to play on Sunday and the chances of getting him back next year are very slim. I can only hope that Finley gets cut from the team...and the sooner the better. I could really go on and on but the reality is that they didn't get it done when it counted.

I'm not overly upset though, they did have a great season and have the youth to get even better. You can't win 'em all.

As to the Bears fans in this thread, are you fucking serious? Most of my friends are Bears fans and the majority of them have been very classy about what happened. But others are completely delusional. I truly believe that there are Bears fans out there that care more about the Packers losing than the Bears winning. You didn't make the playoffs. To me, that means that you have no grounds whatsoever to be getting all high and mighty. The Packers beat you in the Championship game last year and swept you this year. Get over it.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    fuck the packers 8-)

as a bears fan...since our season is over, we are allowed to root agaist the pack. it's rivalry bylaw 5.3.212 :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fuck the packers 8-)

as a bears fan...since our season is over, we are allowed to root agaist the pack. it's rivalry bylaw 5.3.212 :P

Yes yes I get that, and you've been giving this thread shit since day 1, so I don't mean you. It's the people that pop their heads out as soon as the Pack lose that really get to me.

I might have told this story before, but it applies. A couple years ago I was walking down Clark in Wrigleyville on a Sunday during football season. It was a nice day, so the bars had all their windows open. Both the Bears and the Packers lost that day. I was wearing a Packers jersey, and walking past EVERY bar I was getting hammered by the idiots inside saying how the Packers choked. It's like they didn't even watch the Bears game. Some fans :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

No, this was more the scene in the packer palace on Sunday:

http://youtu.be/kecneLmmUrM

I'm surprised my TV made it through the game unscathed!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

No, this was more the scene in the packer palace on Sunday:

http://youtu.be/kecneLmmUrM

I'm surprised my TV made it through the game unscathed!

thanks for changing the name of this thread. dont it make you smile?
  • Options
    Hey, until somebody else wins the Super Bowl we're still the "Champions".

And for all the shit talkers, we have more championships than any other team in the league. 13 for those keeping score at home. 9 for the Bears. ;)
  • Options
    Hey, until somebody else wins the Super Bowl we're still the "Champions".

And for all the shit talkers, we have more championships than any other team in the league. 13 for those keeping score at home. 9 for the Bears. ;)

^^^^^^^

!

Edit: I could have kept the thread title but to be honest I just wanted to get it overwith.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Oh don't be so sensitive you Packer fans. You had a great season....sort of. But let's cut the shit... did you really think you were going to win it all with that defense? If so I think you need to reeducate yourself about the history of football. There are two QB's that would have won you that game...Brady and Favre...end of list.

Also, I didn't know that we had to be grand fathered in to talk some shit. You put up a thread that says "DEFENDING GREEN BAY PACKERS THREAD" expect some smack talk when you choke and boy did you guys choke...at home...on national television..9 point favorites.....favorites to win it all. You don't want to hear then don't put up the thread especially with the number of Bears fans on this site. Go cry in a cheese tray and root for the Bucks and the Brewers because isn't doesn't matter how good of a season you had nobody will remember it.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    There are two QB's that would have won you that game...Brady and Favre...end of list.
    Those are the only two QB's in the history of the NFL that could have won that game?
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    Oh don't be so sensitive you Packer fans. You had a great season....sort of. But let's cut the shit... did you really think you were going to win it all with that defense? If so I think you need to reeducate yourself about the history of football. There are two QB's that would have won you that game...Brady and Favre...end of list.

Also, I didn't know that we had to be grand fathered in to talk some shit. You put up a thread that says "DEFENDING GREEN BAY PACKERS THREAD" expect some smack talk when you choke and boy did you guys choke...at home...on national television..9 point favorites.....favorites to win it all. You don't want to hear then don't put up the thread especially with the number of Bears fans on this site. Go cry in a cheese tray and root for the Bucks and the Brewers because isn't doesn't matter how good of a season you had nobody will remember it.

it wasn't the qb that lost the game, it was teh dropped passes and lousey D....and the giants excellent d. you could also argue the refs weren't paid off enough since htey only flubbed one of the turnover calls.

speaking of turnovers, you can also put a lot of blame on them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    There are two QB's that would have won you that game...Brady and Favre...end of list.
    Those are the only two QB's in the history of the NFL that could have won that game?

Joe Montana sure couldn't...nor could Troy Aikman.....and Steve Young....forget about it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    isn't doesn't matter how good of a season you had nobody will remember it.

i just heard something about the 15-1 vikings from a few years ago. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh....and fuck the packers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

I don't think anybody is crying or sensitive, it's just funny all the haters jumping on the anti-Packers bandwagon who didn't have shit to say all season. You for instance didn't have a word to say in this thread all season. Your first comment came after Sunday's loss. At least 81 has been giving us shit from the beginning. Hell, he was the first reply to the thread. He was prepared to eat his crow SHOULD we win again and kept telling us how much we sucked every week, even when we were undefeated. He didn't just pop out after the playoff loss.

Plus, 81's comments (at least the way I take it) are all in good fun. Yours are just kind of hateful and antagonistic. It is just sports after all, I'm already over the loss and getting on with my life, just like I would have if they had won the Super Bowl.

Bottom line is I really don't care about what all the closet haters have to say now that we've lost. Don't hide out when we're doing good then pop out after the loss to rub it in. I give people shit in the Cowboys thread all the time, and had they actually managed to do something I was going to have to eat some serious crow. I didn't hide out until they lost to New York then pop out and say "Ha Ha!".