Sons of Anarchy...

Comments

• intresting ending of season...now wait for 6th season
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Just started watching on Netflix ... Great show and I love binge watching.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Just started watching on Netflix ... Great show and I love binge watching.
    love it too!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tonight!!season 6 - first episode!

I can't wait.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013 ... s/2771479/

SOA in comic book format. I contacted my local shop and had them add this to my pull list.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/soa/anarchyafterword

for anyone who just watched the premier
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

I can't wait.
    downloading now!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Not a fan of last night's episode at all. Not the show to take on the issue and they are just going to brush over it rather than try and tackle anything associated with it.

In the aftermath of Sandy Hook, if you are going to take on the issue of kids being brutally murdered in school, you better have a better storyline than the shooter and gun were connected to the club and you better actually take a look at the issue rather than just show brutal violence for violence sake and have the club try to wiggle out of it.

Don't like where this is headed at all.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not a fan of last night's episode at all. Not the show to take on the issue and they are just going to brush over it rather than try and tackle anything associated with it.

In the aftermath of Sandy Hook, if you are going to take on the issue of kids being brutally murdered in school, you better have a better storyline than the shooter and gun were connected to the club and you better actually take a look at the issue rather than just show brutal violence for violence sake and have the club try to wiggle out of it.

maybe they explain it at upcoming episodes?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I agree. It's Dave Navaro's characters kid as well. I was shocked that they showed what they did. We don't know what they'll show going forward. Im curious as to what's gonna happen next. Either way awesome show and Kurt's a sick M Fkr.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would hope so, but I doubt it. I feel like it is just going to be the club trying to get out of it, like it always is. The show has always been based on extreme acts of violence, which has been fine, but I just feel like they took it one step too far. How many parents want to watch a kid walk into a school with a machine gun and hear screams and see blood whether it is real or not?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I agree. It's Dave Navaro's characters kid as well. I was shocked that they showed what they did. We don't know what they'll show going forward. Im curious as to what's gonna happen next. Either way awesome show and Kurt's a sick M Fkr.

I hear you. And I enjoyed it till the end. Just feel like this storyline is completely unnecessary.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would hope so, but I doubt it. I feel like it is just going to be the club trying to get out of it, like it always is. The show has always been based on extreme acts of violence, which has been fine, but I just feel like they took it one step too far. How many parents want to watch a kid walk into a school with a machine gun and hear screams and see blood whether it is real or not?
    i agree,didnt like it too..im just saying probably they will explain,why,how etc..there is no point of this scene to do it in the 1st place with out expaining that story
    i agree,didnt like it too..im just saying probably they will explain,why,how etc..there is no point of this scene to do it in the 1st place with out expaining that story

Agreed and I hope so. I guess my point is that I just hope the explanation isn't how the club is going to get out of it and that there is a bigger point about violence, guns, etc. That the club looks at how they possibly contributed to it, rather than just staying out of trouble.

The show has to know that there are people in Newtown that watch the show and if they subject them to that, force them to watch what basically happened to their kids/friends/family, then there better be a reason and there better be something bigger than Jax staying out of jail because it was a gun he smuggled.

I don't think it is fictions job to be moral and that it is up to parents to let their kids watch what they feel is right, which is largely why I don't have a problem with violence on TV but that was a pretty bold scene, all things considered.

End of moral rant. :lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed and I hope so. I guess my point is that I just hope the explanation isn't how the club is going to get out of it and that there is a bigger point about violence, guns, etc. That the club looks at how they possibly contributed to it, rather than just staying out of trouble.

The show has to know that there are people in Newtown that watch the show and if they subject them to that, force them to watch what basically happened to their kids/friends/family, then there better be a reason and there better be something bigger than Jax staying out of jail because it was a gun he smuggled.

I don't think it is fictions job to be moral and that it is up to parents to let their kids watch what they feel is right, which is largely why I don't have a problem with violence on TV but that was a pretty bold scene, all things considered.

End of moral rant. :lol:
    seriously,u are right..good points and i agree
    Sutter addressed this in the Anarchy Afterward on FX's website. He said it's gonna be what ties the rest of the season together. Remember how Jax had been wanting to get out of that life? This is supposedly gonna play on how he feels cuz he's a parents too, and a weapon that he brought into the community is now responsible for such a horrific act of violence. Like you said about not wanting to watch that scene as a parent, think about how that is gonna weight on Jax's character outside of being worried about his own ass. Sutter also addressed two other points regarding this, #1 is that it would be almost irresponsible of him as the showrunner to have this criminal outlaw antihero who deals guns while trying to raise a family without him having to face the consequences of that. #2 is that for a couple weeks after the school shootings that have unfortunately occurred there is a lot of dialogue about it and about prevention and so on, but that it seems to die down and pitter out, but Sutter said he was hoping this could reopen that dialogue so it could be discussed again nationally.

obvs, I'm not trying to get you to keep watching this show I'm just letting you know what was said in that interview thing since it addressed your main problem with that episode.

MY biggest problem with that episode is I spent the whole time thinking that kid was Opie's kid cuz the woman in the bed looked WAY too much like Lyla, and I had no idea what Dave Navarro was doing at the house. Or in this show. At all. After someone else above mentioned that it was his kid, I realize how it makes sense, he probably left the gun hidden at that woman's house for protection, for whoever she is to him and whether or not that kid is his wouldn't matter much anyway, but the kid finds the gun and it goes from there. It will still address the point of kids getting their hands on their parents weapons. But seriously they couldn't have gotten a redhead or brunette or something?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    duska3419 wrote:
    Sutter addressed this in the Anarchy Afterward on FX's website. He said it's gonna be what ties the rest of the season together. Remember how Jax had been wanting to get out of that life? This is supposedly gonna play on how he feels cuz he's a parents too, and a weapon that he brought into the community is now responsible for such a horrific act of violence. Like you said about not wanting to watch that scene as a parent, think about how that is gonna weight on Jax's character outside of being worried about his own ass. Sutter also addressed two other points regarding this, #1 is that it would be almost irresponsible of him as the showrunner to have this criminal outlaw antihero who deals guns while trying to raise a family without him having to face the consequences of that. #2 is that for a couple weeks after the school shootings that have unfortunately occurred there is a lot of dialogue about it and about prevention and so on, but that it seems to die down and pitter out, but Sutter said he was hoping this could reopen that dialogue so it could be discussed again nationally.

obvs, I'm not trying to get you to keep watching this show I'm just letting you know what was said in that interview thing since it addressed your main problem with that episode.

MY biggest problem with that episode is I spent the whole time thinking that kid was Opie's kid cuz the woman in the bed looked WAY too much like Lyla, and I had no idea what Dave Navarro was doing at the house. Or in this show. At all. After someone else above mentioned that it was his kid, I realize how it makes sense, he probably left the gun hidden at that woman's house for protection, for whoever she is to him and whether or not that kid is his wouldn't matter much anyway, but the kid finds the gun and it goes from there. It will still address the point of kids getting their hands on their parents weapons. But seriously they couldn't have gotten a redhead or brunette or something?

Love to hear this and exactly what I am hoping for and am talking about. I would be thrilled with something like that.

And yeah, I thought that was Opie's kid too.
    Just watched what he had to say and feel a bit better.
    i think next week's ep has a lot resting on it, since theyre gonna have to deal with that last scene as well as tara's hearings & most likely the deal clay makes with that guy that is also on Copper.

I can't remember if it was Kim Coates or Jimmy Smitts who said that Sutter has giant balls to go with this storyline but I definitely agree with that statement.
  • great last episide,..move the things forward..
    From Twitter:
    kurt sutter ‏@sutterink
    THE MAD KING was most watched ep since S6 premier. key demo we beat everything on cable all night and NETWORK in our time slot.
    thank you.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    great last episide,..move the things forward..

Yeah the last 2 episodes have been great - much better than the first 4. Now I'm on the edge of my seat to see how they handle what just happened!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    great last episide,..move the things forward..

Yeah the last 2 episodes have been great - much better than the first 4. Now I'm on the edge of my seat to see how they handle what just happened!
    true,,,gonna be a huge fight now!!
  • mind your manners on next weeks episode
  • its getting better now
    Unser to Tara: "You had to become something so wrong to do the right thing."

I look forward to Nero's reunion with Gemma and his reaction to what happened between her and Tara.... and what affect it has on his business relationship with Jax.
  • Dude!! :shock:
    Dude!! :shock:

Seriously. I didn't get to watch the show the day it aired, and I accidentally got a spoiler from Twitter. So when I finally did get to watch it I spent the whole episode waiting for it to happen :lol:
    It was much, much better than I anticipated.

I love what they're doing with Tara this season.
  • hands down best show on TV.
    Go Birds!!!!