Sons of Anarchy...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Best show on TV right now!
We only recently premiered season 1.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    You are in for a treat. Such a great show and I can't wait for the next season to start up in the fall!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Getting started on this show today. Have heard great things.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Best show on TV right now!
    We only recently premiered season 1.

I almost picked up season 1 on blu ray from jb yesterday, but I've already seen all 3 seasons. If amazon have it cheap I might grab it from them. Plus they probably have all 3 seasons available. I hate how were are so far behind on all the great shows, but all the mainstream crap like despreate housewives and Greys anatomy we get pretty much right away.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Watched the first two episodes earlier. It was good but cheesy at times. Doesn't come close to touching The Wire.
    One the 3rd episode of this. Decent storylines, completely unrealistic and terrible acting. My knucklehead friends who compared this to The Wire are dipshits.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    One the 3rd episode of this. Decent storylines, completely unrealistic and terrible acting. My knucklehead friends who compared this to The Wire are dipshits.

yeah the only thing that ever bugged me about this show is just how much shit goes down in this little bumfuck town. like they have 2 rival bickie gangs, a group of white supremacists, dodgy cops and so on. the acting never really annoyed me. i think the guy who plays Jax does a good job considering he is British. the only thing that annoys me as the series go on is his facial hair get more ridiculous til to point of in the last season he looks like he's playing a camp robin hood in some local theatre group performance.

never seen an Ep of the wire. to me it just looks like something that doesn't interest me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah the only thing that ever bugged me about this show is just how much shit goes down in this little bumfuck town. like they have 2 rival bickie gangs, a group of white supremacists, dodgy cops and so on. the acting never really annoyed me. i think the guy who plays Jax does a good job considering he is British. the only thing that annoys me as the series go on is his facial hair get more ridiculous til to point of in the last season he looks like he's playing a camp robin hood in some local theatre group performance.

never seen an Ep of the wire. to me it just looks like something that doesn't interest me.

The Wire is aweomse dude. Best tv show ever made. If you have any interest in urban life, watch it. Fantastic.

Yeah, this is just too much for me. I had really high expectations so I am sure that has a bit to do with my disappointment. I like Jax a lot, I don't like Clay though, think his character is pretty corny. Only 3 episodes in so we'll see. I do think a lot of it has to do with my expectations, just thought it would be more realistic.

Blow is one of my favorite movies, but the fact that PeeWee Herman is in it, kind of ruins it for me. The fact that Peggy Bundy is in this kind of kills it in the same way.
  • Addicted, I even set a weekly reminder on my phone so that I don't forget to watch!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Great show - can't wait for the new season to start up next month
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Starting to dig this show. A couple episodes into the second season. I think I started liking it as soon as I realized it can't be compared to The Wire, like a lot of my friends did, and just enjoyed it. Incredibly unrealistic but good overall.
  • So no talk yet about the 1st ep of season 4. I haven't seen it yet but will when I get home tonight.

Last ever ep of entourage in a few days too. That's gonna suck.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Addicted, I even set a weekly reminder on my phone so that I don't forget to watch!

nerd. :geek: :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The only thing I find cheesy about the show is the way Jax walks.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Addicted, I even set a weekly reminder on my phone so that I don't forget to watch!

nerd. :geek: :P :lol:

;)
    I'm really into this now. About half way through the 3rd season. Like I said, I just had to realize it wasn't on the same level as The Wire.
  • Tonight's episode is going to be awesome, starts in 5 mins!
  • totally LOVE this show too....and with all it's flaws.
    bf and i started watching past episodes on line this summer and are also addicted. having watched the seasons back to back, it was gratifying to see the actors and writing meld together. even clay has settled into his part and doesn't push it so much(LOL). so for those of you just finding it....give it time. is it unrealistic? of course....but that is mostly what TV/Film entertainment is...Heightened Reality. even reality shows are edited down to the most conflicted moments for dramatic effect.

what i love most is the drama and how it's able to draw me into a world i might not have given a second thought to. the performances are very good as an ensemble...working together and off each other so well. kurt sutter (otto) has forged characters with great dimension that is demanding of his skilled cast....and THAT makes it worth watching.

seeing katy sagal portray a powerful, caring, non-victimized , mature woman that is HOT is soooooo refreshing!! some of us do rock our 50's!!

i love jax forever white sneakers 8-):lol:
    all is as it will be, as it should be
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I can't watch a show about bad ass bikers, yet watch them all put helmets on before they ride, sorry.
  • I can't watch a show about bad ass bikers, yet watch them all put helmets on before they ride, sorry.

LOL :lol: yeah...i guess...heard katy answer the question as to why Gemma, as badass an old lady she is, doesn't ride. she said it's cuz the ACTOR, KATY....doesn't and will not ride. ;)
    all is as it will be, as it should be
    The last scene of season three was absolutely awesome. The music and the set up was perfect.

Gotta catch up on this season but the first episode is no longer On Demand, going to have to figure that out.
  • I jut watched the second last episode of season 2 last night.
    It was so fkn awesome.
    Can't wait for the finale of S2.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Wait until u see this season,it's my fav so far!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

Unfortunately, I know what happened last night :x
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I heard the branch break,thats all i'll say.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I heard the branch break,thats all i'll say.

No more. I know too much as it is.
    I thought u didn't like SOA? This season imo is the best and i can't wait to see how it ends. There's no way it can end good.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I thought u didn't like SOA? This season imo is the best and i can't wait to see how it ends. There's no way it can end good.

I hated it in the beginning. Everyone tried to compare it to The Wire so I was holding it to that standard and thought it was incredibly unrealistic, which it is. When I stopped comparing it to the wire and just enjoyed it, I got hooked.

Nice, I know a little bit and it sounds crazy. I have to find a way to watch the first couple episodes that aren't on demand to catch up.

Like I said, the last scene of the third season was insane. That song worked perfectly.
    Yeah it was a crazy ending,loved the slowed down version of the song. Try Hulu or even Youtube for the episodes. Have u tried Justified from FX? Another one of my favs.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Yeah it was a crazy ending,loved the slowed down version of the song. Try Hulu or even Youtube for the episodes. Have u tried Justified from FX? Another one of my favs.

Yeah, I thought it was a great version of the song. Great way to end that season. Yeah, I tried Hulu, no full episodes. I know there are a few sites that have them but don't trust the sites and dont want to fuck up my computer. I haven't, never heard of it. Only really watch one show at a time so maybe I will check it out after this.

Edit: Boom, got it. Will just have to pay a couple bucks for the first episode or two until I catch up to whats on demand.
  • Love this show. Just started watching it over the summer when FX started running 3 episodes a week leading up to this season. Don't know why i didn't watch from the beginning. I love that they have so many guys from the Shield, my favorite non Simpsons show of all time. Makes sense sinc eteh creator of SOA started as a writer on The Shield and eventually became producer or director. The only drawback to me is that with so much going on, it just can't possibly last much longer. Can't wait to see the fallout from tonight's episode. Won't go into spoilers, but i predicted something a few weeks ago regarding the Sheriff & The Fed that is looking likely to come to be