Sons of Anarchy...

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Just finished season 5. I'm beginning to understand why everyone said how ridiculous this show gets towards the end. Jax used to be a sympathetic character, but now he's just an asshole. He was right on saying that the gavel corrupts. Still can't believe Opie is gone...he was my favorite. And probably the best actor on the show. Best part about season 5 was JImmy Smits character.

It's funny...I was actually watching an episode of Sons when I got the alert on my phone about the real-life biker shootout. Crazy stuff.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    All over a dumb patch. I used to wear patches on my jacket. And then I turned 12.

I'm surprised there isn't phone video of this all over the internet. It was a crowded shop mall in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, afterall.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

Just finished season 5. I'm beginning to understand why everyone said how ridiculous this show gets towards the end. Jax used to be a sympathetic character, but now he's just an asshole. He was right on saying that the gavel corrupts. Still can't believe Opie is gone...he was my favorite. And probably the best actor on the show. Best part about season 5 was JImmy Smits character.

It's funny...I was actually watching an episode of Sons when I got the alert on my phone about the real-life biker shootout. Crazy stuff.

Opie was good.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Opie was awesome. His dad was great too. The show gets nuts and it gets more and more crazy every season.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Jason P said:

All over a dumb patch. I used to wear patches on my jacket. And then I turned 12.

I'm surprised there isn't phone video of this all over the internet. It was a crowded shop mall in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, afterall.

It may sound like it's over a patch but there's a little more to it than that. This article has some background on the gangs involved and the actual reason they were meeting: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-waco-biker-shootout-investigation-20150519-story.html#page=1

The 2 clubs have been fighting somewhat under the radar for a while. What happened Sunday was very unusual. They were there for a regional meeting that's been happening for a while without any violence, but it looks like everybody showed up ready to fight.

And when the Bandidos claim that a territory is theirs, it's about a lot more than bragging rights. The Bandidos have been a big force in drug trafficking and extortion for years. I don't know if that's what the Cossacks were trying to move in on or if they were just feeling particularly badass. But you don't even have to be part of the biker scene to know that the Bandidos are not anybody you want to mess with.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I bailed temporarily in the middle of season 6. I really dont like the Jax/Tara story line they are working on. I moved on to The Vikings (fucking amazing show so far through 3 episodes I watched) and will finish SOA once I am done with Vikings.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Jason P said:

It may sound like it's over a patch but there's a little more to it than that. This article has some background on the gangs involved and the actual reason they were meeting: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-waco-biker-shootout-investigation-20150519-story.html#page=1

The 2 clubs have been fighting somewhat under the radar for a while. What happened Sunday was very unusual. They were there for a regional meeting that's been happening for a while without any violence, but it looks like everybody showed up ready to fight.

And when the Bandidos claim that a territory is theirs, it's about a lot more than bragging rights. The Bandidos have been a big force in drug trafficking and extortion for years. I don't know if that's what the Cossacks were trying to move in on or if they were just feeling particularly badass. But you don't even have to be part of the biker scene to know that the Bandidos are not anybody you want to mess with.
    Oh, if this was about drugs, it makes a whole lot more sense to me. But that article said that there is much less drug violence than there used to be and made it sound like this was strictly over the territory/patch and not drugs.

Jason P said:

Oh, if this was about drugs, it makes a whole lot more sense to me. But that article said that there is much less drug violence than there used to be and made it sound like this was strictly over the territory/patch and not drugs.
    That article is nuts. Now I really want to read the book that the undercover guy wrote...
    No, the Bandidos are all about the drug trade. Think about Texas' proximity to Mexico. Those guys really have no qualms about killing people who piss them off.

My husband is a musician and has often played gigs in biker bars and clubhouses. I've gone with him sometimes and I agree that they are usually just a bunch of middle aged guys (and their wives) who like to ride their hog on the weekend and wear their spiffy gear. But my husband was telling me last night about a club he played in years ago where fights kept breaking out. During their break, a biker came by the band's table and asked if anybody wanted to buy a Bandido koozie for $5, all the proceeds going to charity or something like that. Yup, that dude had no problem selling some koozies. :lol:
    I heard it was over a parking space.

I heard it was over a parking space.

So they've said. Or possibly somebody ran over another dude's foot.

I have feeling this is one of those situations where it's going take a while to get all the information sorted out. By then, people will have moved on to something else.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Finally, the truth ... Insider iPhone video of what set this all off. This shit is for real ...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw
    A few episodes into season 6. All of these episodes are so fucking long....most so far have been an hour and that's on netflix with no commercials. A little much. At this point, I'm just watching to get through it...not even sure if I'm enjoying it that much.
    Halfway through season 6....Gemma is just a cartoonish villain at this point. Still some decent episodes here and there, but this show definitely gets worse the longer it goes on.

Halfway through season 6....Gemma is just a cartoonish villain at this point. Still some decent episodes here and there, but this show definitely gets worse the longer it goes on.

The shield was the same way. It got out of control with all of the messes they had to get out of.

I'm almost done with season 6. Just a couple to go. It gets a little better but is hit or miss.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

It gets out of control and I was right there, just trying to get through it but there are a couple good episodes towards the end.
    Early in season 7 now. The body count is just absurd at this point. Will definitely finish the season, but it's just become so ridiculous. Tara and Roosevelt were probably the last 2 characters that I actually cared about. At this point I hope they all die.

Early in season 7 now. The body count is just absurd at this point. Will definitely finish the season, but it's just become so ridiculous. Tara and Roosevelt were probably the last 2 characters that I actually cared about. At this point I hope they all die.

haha, yeah, I was right there with you

Me too. I have just a few episodes to go.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    You cared about Roosevelt? Why?

You cared about Roosevelt? Why?

He was one of the characters whose actions actually made sense and wasn't cartoonish like most of them have become.

The first 3-4 seasons (minus most of the season in Belfast) were so damn good. Just bothers me when characters actions never have consequences like these past 2-3 seasons. I mean, how many fucking shootouts can these guys have where police NEVER come?!?!? Oh well, I'm still enjoying it a little bit.

The first 3-4 seasons (minus most of the season in Belfast) were so damn good. Just bothers me when characters actions never have consequences like these past 2-3 seasons. I mean, how many fucking shootouts can these guys have where police NEVER come?!?!? Oh well, I'm still enjoying it a little bit.
    edited June 2015

Oh, a shootout with 30 people all with AK 47s in the bay area suburbs? Nahhh, no biggie. No police show up and no real investigation aside from a quick "we know you did this, watch your back"
    Just finished episode 8 of season 7. I've never wanted a TV character to die more than I want Jax to die. Just the worst.
    This fucking asshole killed Unser?!?!? Unbelievable. Starting this finale now....Jax better fucking die.

This fucking asshole killed Unser?!?!? Unbelievable. Starting this finale now....Jax better fucking die.

Haha yeah man

Haha yeah man
    Didn't like the finale at all. Of course Jax doesn't get killed for any of his reckless actions...everything works out the way he planned. These last 2 seasons of this show were pretty rough.

Haha yeah man
    Didn't like the finale at all. Of course Jax doesn't get killed for any of his reckless actions...everything works out the way he planned. These last 2 seasons of this show were pretty rough.
    I was with you. I only watched the final episodes just to finish it. I didn't enjoy it at all.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle