Sons of Anarchy...

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    acutejam wrote:
    Here we go, Season Finale tonight!

So perhaps some SPOILERS from the rumor mill, stop reading if you don't wanna know.

First off, reported that LENNY the guy that Otto wanted to give some yard time to, is actually one of the founding members of the Hells Angels fer reals, one of Sutter's main sources of info for Motorcycle Club doings and what not. Friend thinks Otto wanted Lenny in the Yard to kill Bobby! Brutal!
    Read Hunter S Thompson's Hell's Angels, Sonny Barger is one of the main focuses of that book...always wondered how SOA got away with all the similarities to the origins of the HA without pissing them off...when I learned that Sutter and Barger were friends...well, that explains it. Otto is on the HA payroll ;):lol:
    Can't wait to see the finale. Hands down the best show on tv.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    acutejam wrote:
    Here we go, Season Finale tonight!

So perhaps some SPOILERS from the rumor mill, stop reading if you don't wanna know.

First off, reported that LENNY the guy that Otto wanted to give some yard time to, is actually one of the founding members of the Hells Angels fer reals, one of Sutter's main sources of info for Motorcycle Club doings and what not. Friend thinks Otto wanted Lenny in the Yard to kill Bobby! Brutal!
    Read Hunter S Thompson's Hell's Angels, Sonny Barger is one of the main focuses of that book...always wondered how SOA got away with all the similarities to the origins of the HA without pissing them off...when I learned that Sutter and Barger were friends...well, that explains it. Otto is on the HA payroll ;):lol:
    Can't wait to see the finale. Hands down the best show on tv.

FUCK ME. I didn't realize that was Barger. I can't believe that I missed that. I recognized him but didn't put two and two together. Hell's Angels is a great read.
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Kara05 wrote:
    I cannot WAIT for tomorrow night. One hell of a season for sure! Sad to see it go til next time.
    next to the 1st season, this has been my favorite. Tonight's the night!

Ughhh, I don't want this show to ever end, ever.
    I'm satisfied with that ending. I was iffy on it going in since I thought there was too much to tie up. I like where it's headed.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    WOW! Ok, so that finale lived up to the hype. While it seemed to sputter and fizzle, it actually felt more and more tense as it rolled along. Wasn't happy with all the conclusions, but that's good plotting -- nobody really gets their way. Wow.

So I guess a few of the rumors and theories posted were proven, and others WAY off the mark. Kinda supsected the Attorney would redeem himself, just didn't think it'd be quite THAT hilarious. Loved the sheriff's comment, "Just wanna go back to you doing criminal things and me trying to stop you...."

As Jax is approaching Tara, I turn and say, "he's gotta tell her everything or this is over...." Curious twist that. We rewound a gazillion times to figure out what role was taken from Tig (not really taken, he assumed the role was his though he'd handed his rank patch in...) and given to Chibs. "you're A-brother" was all we could deduce, thought it was like "seargent at arms" or something.

And now some great cliff-hangers for next season. F'n rabid dog in the midst of the pack not good. And that left-hand chair being empty... All the big picture deals in play.... and the "oaktown" issue.

And yep, skank addict/whore -- suspected she'd hang around. Don't they always???
    [sic] happens
    acutejam wrote:
    WOW! Ok, so that finale lived up to the hype. While it seemed to sputter and fizzle, it actually felt more and more tense as it rolled along. Wasn't happy with all the conclusions, but that's good plotting -- nobody really gets their way. Wow.

So I guess a few of the rumors and theories posted were proven, and others WAY off the mark. Kinda supsected the Attorney would redeem himself, just didn't think it'd be quite THAT hilarious. Loved the sheriff's comment, "Just wanna go back to you doing criminal things and me trying to stop you...."

As Jax is approaching Tara, I turn and say, "he's gotta tell her everything or this is over...." Curious twist that. We rewound a gazillion times to figure out what role was taken from Tig (not really taken, he assumed the role was his though he'd handed his rank patch in...) and given to Chibs. "you're A-brother" was all we could deduce, thought it was like "seargent at arms" or something.

And now some great cliff-hangers for next season. F'n rabid dog in the midst of the pack not good. And that left-hand chair being empty... All the big picture deals in play.... and the "oaktown" issue.

And yep, skank addict/whore -- suspected she'd hang around. Don't they always???

All good stuff. Yeah, I think the position is Sgt at arms. Pretty much to watch over the president, I think.

One of my favorite lines was "You're a real odd dude, you know that right?" Exactly my thoughts all season.
  • Bee Lady wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Kara05 wrote:
    I cannot WAIT for tomorrow night. One hell of a season for sure! Sad to see it go til next time.
    next to the 1st season, this has been my favorite. Tonight's the night!

Ughhh, I don't want this show to ever end, ever.

DITTO!!!!
    all is as it will be, as it should be
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    The wife and I started watching this show during March 10th weekend and we are now on season 3 disk 3.

All I can say is WOW.... SOA and Breaking bad are two badass shows I recommend to anyone.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Nami wrote:
    The wife and I started watching this show during March 10th weekend and we are now on season 3 disk 3.

All I can say is WOW.... SOA and Breaking bad are two badass shows I recommend to anyone.

If you're into twitter, you should follow Kurt Sutter, the show's creator, he does nothing but speak exactly what's on his mind at any given moment about anybody. He's a great great man, love this show!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you might be a tool if you ride a motorcycle wearing a sons of anarchy IL chapter shirt. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    you might be a tool if you ride a motorcycle wearing a sons of anarchy IL chapter shirt. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I saw a guy walk into a Staples wearing Bermuda shorts, mandals and a Son's of Anarchy shirt. The irony.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

I saw a guy walk into a Staples wearing Bermuda shorts, mandals and a Son's of Anarchy shirt. The irony.

this guy was right there with him. he had an under armour hat, cargo shorts. don't recall the shoe selection.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Weab76Weab76 Posts: 55
    81 wrote:

:oops: :lol:
  • Soooo......anybody else still reeling from that scene in the season 5 premier? :shock: :cry:
    man that was brutal....
    Soooo......anybody else still reeling from that scene in the season 5 premier? :shock: :cry:
    man that was brutal....

Yeah, that was fucked up.
  • This season is going to be insane...I don't see how the entire season can take place over a span of more than 2 weeks or so...all of the storylines seem like they're coming to a head right at the start of the season.
    Also, I thought it was cheesy when I heard Jimmy Smits was cast, but I liked his character in last nights' show.

This was posted on the SOA fb page - an interview with Kim Coates about that scene and more about the season:
    (spoilers)
    http://tvline.com/2012/09/11/sons-of-an ... ilers-tig/
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Can't wait to watch this tonight. Been a super busy week.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Great episode, 2nd best show on TV. Jax has got his hands full for sure. Tara and Jemma are gonna have a brawl soon I can't wait.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Wtf was that. Man that sucked:(
    Go Birds!!!!
  • :(
    ya man....that really sucked. Gotta say tho...I love that Sutter is so unpredictable. The SOA fb page kept mentioning that someone was gonna die....didn't see that coming tho.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The level of violence this year has been insane, nothing compares or has ever compared, absolutely love it.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Balls....I forgot this was on last night!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Possibly the best show on TV right now?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • davidtrios wrote:

i was completely floored by this today! wtf?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • That was intense. As soon as Pope said someone has to go, and they went to the hole; I knew who it was. That was one of my fav characters. I think this will be a violent season.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • That was intense. As soon as Pope said someone has to go, and they went to the hole; I knew who it was. That was one of my fav characters. I think this will be a violent season.

yep, it will be.

first tigs daughter, now opie. even the way that le roy was found dismembered. And they are only 3 episodes in. each episode of this gets better and better
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    davidtrios wrote:

sad news indeed.... I was watching this on the news today, I guess their is a new drug out called "smile" that was found in his system. Just what society needs - another horrible drug. :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • FINALLY ...i can join this thread

just watched all 55 episodes in 2 weeks

im finally caught up

opie?????? noooo
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FINALLY ...i can join this thread

just watched all 55 episodes in 2 weeks

im finally caught up

opie?????? noooo

Congrats! That took some dedication!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13