FENWAY PARK SEPTEMBER 9

Comments

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    is the for real ?????
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    Sorry, folks. I had planned on making it to the meeting. Unfortunately I have the chance to do some landscaping this week. Gotta get the money while I can get it. But cheers to all on this board. Hopefully we get some good news by the end of the day.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    mcthud wrote:
    Sorry, folks. I had planned on making it to the meeting. Unfortunately I have the chance to do some landscaping this week. Gotta get the money while I can get it. But cheers to all on this board. Hopefully we get some good news by the end of the day.

No worries Bro, go get paid!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    email went out to VIPs of Fenway

WOW

September 8 is the day w Dropkick Murphys opening for PJ

I haven't seen the email... and i think it's weird to send it before the hearing... but... that's the word on the Johnny Dangerously grapevine ;)

VIPs meaning ticket holders or upper echelon snootsters?
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392

WOW

September 8 is the day w Dropkick Murphys

I haven't seen the email... and i think it's weird to send it before the hearing... but... that's the word on the Johnny Dangerously grapevine ;)

sorry i meant the 8th PJ will be playing with Dropkicks opening

i haven't seen the email ... but this is what i'm told it said

September 8 is Dropkick....but what about September 9th?!?!

You messing with me bro?
    POP POP!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Why would someone tell you about an e-mail and not forward you the e-mail?

It'll eventually all come out ... the hearing is going on right now, yes?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    jimed14 wrote:
    Why would someone tell you about an e-mail and not forward you the e-mail?

It'll eventually all come out ... the hearing is going on right now, yes?

that's what I said

my friend was told about this email by his boss

i think boss is F'ing with him

but he says he doesn't think so...

allegedly the email was deleted so it can't be forwarded

and logically... why would fenway send out an email before the hearing?

not sure what kind of VIP we are talking
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

WOW

you f'ing with us or you got this on good authority?

i'm not fing with ya but either i could be being f'd with... or my source could be...

as 14 said... it's happening now so we'll know at some point
  • Options
    Desperate for news...

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Desperate for news...

Same! It's killing me not knowing ANYTHING
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

WOW

you f'ing with us or you got this on good authority?

i'm not fing with ya but either i could be being f'd with... or my source could be...

as 14 said... it's happening now so we'll know at some point

Does your friends boss know he's a huge PJ fan? Would he screw with him on purpose haha
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    Does your friends boss know he's a huge PJ fan? Would he screw with him on purpose haha

you're all asking the same questions i did -
  • Options
    Ok i havent back read this, so forgive me if I am redundant, or bring no useful information to the thread.

The permit is for three days, so rumor has it that it will be a 3 night event, not just one night.

DKM and MMBosstones are rumored to open for PJ, not be the main attraction.

the meeting is going on now, we should hear something within a few hours

I am also hearing rumors that it might be Roger Waters.... well Ive been hearing rumors that fenway has been pushing aggressively to have him do the wall at Fenway (kinds makes sense. not sure how that would work in an outdoor venue though)
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    ^^ I was thinking about the Roger Waters idea recently, and I honestly think it would not really be a very good idea to do the Wall outdoors, especially not that early. Part of the whole experience of that show was being in the dark and being able to see all of projections on the wall, so to do it outdoors in the evening doesn't really seem like something that would happen. Also because of the way its staged, you wouldn't really be able to sell tickets for the top level of stands because those people would kinda of see over the wall ruining the effect of the show
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    agreed. I saw him at the Garden and in Hartford. I dont think the show would translate to the outdoors well at all... and they couldnt even start later, cause the fenway neighborhood (or Boston in general for outdoor shows) has a strict 10:30 cerfew
  • Options
    The permit is for three days, so rumor has it that it will be a 3 night event, not just one night.

Not necessarily true. From what I've read here (and it seems logical) bands occasionally attempt to take out permits for multiple dates and worry about scheduling later. So, take out permits for a block of dates and work out the one or two that may fit ... rleasing the other dates.

If this was certain to be a 3 night event, we could all but rule out PJ as there is no way they'd play 3 nights in a row with two adjacent Canada dates.

We're all just a bunch of hamsters running on a wheel in this thread over and over and over ....

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ^^ I was thinking about the Roger Waters idea recently, and I honestly think it would not really be a very good idea to do the Wall outdoors, especially not that early. Part of the whole experience of that show was being in the dark and being able to see all of projections on the wall, so to do it outdoors in the evening doesn't really seem like something that would happen. Also because of the way its staged, you wouldn't really be able to sell tickets for the top level of stands because those people would kinda of see over the wall ruining the effect of the show

Didn't Waters do it at Coachella?

• Options
    F5ing the hell out of BostonHerald.com right now.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Not necessarily true. From what I've read here (and it seems logical) bands occasionally attempt to take out permits for multiple dates and worry about scheduling later. So, take out permits for a block of dates and work out the one or two that may fit ... rleasing the other dates.

If this was certain to be a 3 night event, we could all but rule out PJ as there is no way they'd play 3 nights in a row with two adjacent Canada dates.

We're all just a bunch of hamsters running on a wheel in this thread over and over and over ....

Would the fact that Fenway is the one asking for the permit change that dynamic at all? Id put money on at least two shows, whoever it ends up being
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    jimed14 wrote:

Didn't Waters do it at Coachella?

He did Dark Side at Coachella. The Wall is a very different beast performance wise, but it could work at a festival (theoretically. In practice I think it would be a logistical nightmare) because everybody is in front of you and you can get a late time slot where it is actually dark out. A baseball stadium in the middle of a city is a completely different story
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    If it is PJ i dont think dropkicks are going to open for them.
    It would be PJ one day and Dropkicks/Bosstones the next. Kinda like how DMB played May 29/30 and Phish May 31 in 2010.
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:
    It would be PJ one day and Dropkicks/Bosstones the next. Kinda like how DMB played May 29/30 and Phish May 31 in 2010.

I would think this, too.

• Options
    Good, then give Buffalo Tom an opening spot on PJ's night.

My dream match up of a concert!

Matt Cameron even mentioned them in the WAAF interview he had last week.

• Options
    Mcam55 wrote:

That would work for me. Even better, take DKM out of the equation completely and just have MMB open for PJ. SOLD
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Are we supposed to find out today if it's PJ or not?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235

Not necessarily. It's just the hearing for the permits.
  • Options

If the name of the bands are disclosed at the hearing (which I think is likely) then we should. If not, then no.

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    JimmyV wrote:

If the name of the bands are disclosed at the hearing (which I think is likely) then we should. If not, then no.

Thanks!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JimmyV wrote:
    F5ing the hell out of BostonHerald.com right now.

:lol:
  • Options
    Nat4575Nat4575 Posts: 19
    I have the day off and when I woke up went to my Iphone PJ app to check before hitting the shower and have been checking since. It's like an addiction. Really hope it happens to take away the sting of not going to PJ20 and only an hour drive for me. Let's hope this happens.