Options

FENWAY PARK SEPTEMBER 9

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    youngster wrote:
    Dude, you are talking about FENWAY!!! You would have people from ME to VA driving to Boston to see this show. Sure, the HOB isn't much of a draw but Fenway is.... you'd have to be out of your mind to think that at least half the fans of DKM of MMB on the Eastern seabord wouldn't travel to Fenway to see this once in a lifetime concert. It's not like they play this venue every year. DKM and the Bosstones have never played a venue this big which is why it would be a big draw for their fanbase.

do you really think in this economy people in the east coast are gonna wanna see dkm and mmb at fenway when they can see them at their local club, really now?

http://www.bosstonesmusic.com/newbboard ... f=6&t=5798
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    Did Dropkicks and MMB play McCoy field in Pawtucket?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    youngster wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    I think you are severely underestimating the fanbase of the Dropkick Murphy's alone, nevermind the Bosstones. If those 2 were on the same bill @ Fenway, they wouldn't need PJ to sell out that place.
    when was the last time dkm played an arena or a stadium and were the open act? it shouldn't take you that long to find the answer. i love dkm and the bosstones to death but no way in hell they sell out fenway park. you talking bout a 40,000+ concert.

Dude, you are talking about FENWAY!!! You would have people from ME to VA driving to Boston to see this show. Sure, the HOB isn't much of a draw but Fenway is.... you'd have to be out of your mind to think that at least half the fans of DKM of MMB on the Eastern seabord wouldn't travel to Fenway to see this once in a lifetime concert. It's not like they play this venue every year. DKM and the Bosstones have never played a venue this big which is why it would be a big draw for their fanbase.

I love both of those bands, but I think you're really overestimating their ability to draw. The Mohegan Sun Arena and Agganis Arena are the largest rooms the Murphys have headlined, and those are 1/4 the size of Fenway. I know they have a strong local following, but look at who has headlined Fenway...McCartney, Aerosmith, The Police, DMB, Phish, Springsteen, the Stones. Bands who play places that size are in another league.
  • Options
    Lay down your armsLay down your arms Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    ^^ really? I don't think they have nearly the power to sell out Fenway. I mean the HOB to Fenway is one hell of a jump. More than 10x

They could easily do it one night, but not all weekend. They sell out the HOB for a week straight every March. The Bosstones would be the bigger draw, IMO cause they dont play nearly as much (nor suck nearly as bad)
    Post edited by Lay down your arms on
  • Options
    Did Dropkicks and MMB play McCoy field in Pawtucket?

yes. Last year
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    I think you are severely underestimating the fanbase of the Dropkick Murphy's alone, nevermind the Bosstones. If those 2 were on the same bill @ Fenway, they wouldn't need PJ to sell out that place.
    when was the last time dkm played an arena or a stadium and were the open act? it shouldn't take you that long to find the answer. i love dkm and the bosstones to death but no way in hell they sell out fenway park. you talking bout a 40,000+ concert.

Closer to 30,000. They loose a ton of seats via the bleachers. there were only 30k at Phish
  • Options
    MA1863MA1863 Posts: 17
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticket ... pkicks.jsp

2 nights makes MUCH more sense in the seating setup they describe
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    metsfan wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Closer to 30,000. They loose a ton of seats via the bleachers. there were only 30k at Phish

Are you sure? I haven't been able to find a number anywhere. Even though they lose the bleachers, they gain all those seats on the field.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    preble69preble69 Posts: 134
    Drop Kicks just announced 2 dates Sept 8 and 9th at Fenway
  • Options
    bootheadboothead Posts: 145
    preble69 wrote:

Im a sad Panda :(
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I am honestly surprised they have booked two nights.

At least I will have The National show to fall back on for Sept. 9.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    preble69 wrote:

Balls. I'm thinking they can sell out Fenway. And not because they're so great or awesome. It's because of the pink hats. Since DKM have gained mainstream acceptance in town here, it will not be a problem. There are middle-aged house moms that will show up just to see them play "Shipping Up To Boston" and hope that Pap comes out on stage in his stupid kilt and does his stupid duck boat dance. There are college kids that hail from Nebraska that can't wait to get back to school now so they can get blasted at Fenway during the Dropkick show. There are more than enough posers in this city to fill Fenway, even twice.
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    boothead wrote:
    preble69 wrote:

Im a sad Panda :(

It sux.... but i'm kinda releaved because i'm not too sure my bank account could handle it after 2 EV shows and PJ20
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    press release states the show is pretty much taking place in the bleachers, so it doesn't look like a full ballpark show with seats everywhere. should be much smaller than that.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Ugh...

:(

Wait till next year I guess.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    that convinces me..

NO Pearl Jam at Fenway this year.

I agree about mixed feelings, my bank account is toast with all the PJ, EV and Mighty Soundgarden shows.
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Honestly the longer this drug on the more I thought you guys were getting your wish. Sorry it didn't pan out.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    well thats a bit of a let down
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    ah poop

sorry for fueling the fire with misinformation... guess there's a lot of people who think they're funny
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    ah poop

sorry for fueling the fire with misinformation... guess there's a lot of people who think they're funny

Probably.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Yay for my bank account and yay for my decision to go to PJ20, but boo for another year of unfufilled rumors.

....and the fact that MMB are opening for DKM is a drymounting travesty. The set up is cool, they've done it in the past. My guess is it will hold 8 or 10k per night
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sorry for the Boston PJ fans, but seeing DKM at Fenway would be pretty sweet.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Thank God!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    On to 2012!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Without the Dropkick's!!!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Thank God!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    On to 2012!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Without the Dropkick's!!!

:thumbup: Thank goodness. I couldn't imagine PJ sharing a bill with these two joke kind of bands.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    In a way, I am happy that Fenway is not this year. I feel that when PJ does do 2/3 night stand there, those shows should be the centerpiece of that tour. So while we have PJ20 this year, hopefully Fenway is the destination to be at for a 2012 US tour.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    In a way, I am happy that Fenway is not this year. I feel that when PJ does do 2/3 night stand there, those shows should be the centerpiece of that tour. So while we have PJ20 this year, hopefully Fenway is the destination to be at for a 2012 US tour.

Dare to dream...a multi-night stand at Fenway would be amazing.

• Options
    this thread is further proof that children frequent this board the most and beat the rumor/speculation deadhorse way too long....
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    this thread is further proof that children frequent this board the most and beat the rumor/speculation deadhorse way too long....

:roll:
  • Options

This comment is further proof that angry people troll this board without a positive thing to add anywhere...