Options

FENWAY PARK SEPTEMBER 9

Comments

• Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Emailed the Consumer Affairs & Licensing Department of the Mayors office asking about the hearing. Got a response that "No decision made."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Mcam55 wrote:
    Emailed the Consumer Affairs & Licensing Department of the Mayors office asking about the hearing. Got a response that "No decision made."

Interesting...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    Does that mean the hearing is still ongoing or that they actually did nothing? :lol:
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Does that mean the hearing is still ongoing or that they actually did nothing? :lol:

i dunno
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    JimmyV wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    If it is PJ i dont think dropkicks are going to open for them.
    It would be PJ one day and Dropkicks/Bosstones the next. Kinda like how DMB played May 29/30 and Phish May 31 in 2010.

I would think this, too.

as i've been googling and seeing all kinds of rumors

i figure PJ does 1 night - as 2 doesn't really fit their schedule

then someone else does the other nights

so it's like a fenway festival of sorts

1 night PJ
    1 night paul mccartney
    1 night metallica

quite a weekend ;)
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    No news yet guys?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JimmyV wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    If it is PJ i dont think dropkicks are going to open for them.
    It would be PJ one day and Dropkicks/Bosstones the next. Kinda like how DMB played May 29/30 and Phish May 31 in 2010.

I would think this, too.

as i've been googling and seeing all kinds of rumors

i figure PJ does 1 night - as 2 doesn't really fit their schedule

then someone else does the other nights

so it's like a fenway festival of sorts

1 night PJ
    1 night paul mccartney
    1 night metallica

quite a weekend ;)

PJ, Paul McCartney, and Metallica. wait

wait

wait

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    No news yet guys?

Nothing yet. Word out of the Mayor's office (via email to a previous poster) was that nothing had been decided. We are unsure what that means. I emailed a query to that same office and will report back what I hear.

• Options
    Bump for some news!
  • Options
    Bump for some news!

pretty sure when there's news this will be bumped

although... it's likely another thread will start with all the rocket scientists around here ;)

and yes i'm pissy that you bumped it with no news ;) hahaha
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    nothing on twitter yet for DKM or Bosstones. They may be waiting too. I'm just waiting for someone to leak "Hmm, flannel in September? Cool."

http://twitter.com/#!/dropkickmurphys
    http://twitter.com/#!/mmbosstones
  • Options
    Just heard back from the mayor's office...

"There was no confirmation of any band at today’s hearing."

Does not look like we are going to get the info we were hoping for today. :(

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    edited June 2011
    They know .....they just wont tell. im sure who ever was in that court room will soon spill the beans ..

some of you guys should really become private investigators ...... ITS INSANE HOW FAR YOU GUYS TAKE IT... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

KEEP ME POSTED
    Post edited by joe2468 on
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    They know .....they just wont tell. im sure how ever was in that court room will soon spill the beans ..

some of you guys should really become private investigators ...... ITS INSANE HOW FAR YOU GUYS TAKE IT... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

KEEP ME POSTED

Mayor Menino himself was here at my office for a ribbon cutting ceremony this morning. If I thought there was any chance he knew I would have put him on the spot and asked! :D

• Options
    menino is a old coworkers godfather... i may have to do some facebook contacting ;)

although when he told me this info years ago he followed it up with "he's a clown"

there was no band(s) discussed? cmon... seriously? what was the point of the hearing?

damn you for trying to make some money mcthud ;)
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    not a funny joke :)
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JimmyV wrote:

Looks like I handicapped this race pretty well.

For those that had option one, please step to the betting window and collect ... the rest, thanks for playing.

jimed14 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Friday before the hearing BUMP

Hell yeah!

Although ... when it comes to Monday's hearing, my head sees the odds like this ...

2-1 - No news comes out of the hearing about who is playing Fenway that weekend
    3 - 2 - It's comfirmed PJ will not be playing
    10 - 1 - Site crashin' time ... Pj is indeed palying Fenway
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Looks like I handicapped this race pretty well.

For those that had option one, please step to the betting window and collect ... the rest, thanks for playing.

jimed14 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Friday before the hearing BUMP

Hell yeah!

Although ... when it comes to Monday's hearing, my head sees the odds like this ...

2-1 - No news comes out of the hearing about who is playing Fenway that weekend
    3 - 2 - It's comfirmed PJ will not be playing
    10 - 1 - Site crashin' time ... Pj is indeed palying Fenway

Well done.

I still do find it odd that no bands were named. Curious if tomorrow's paper will shed any more light on this.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    Whether they named a band at the meeting or not, I think it's safe to assume we'll hear a concert announcement relatively soon. Regardless of who is playing, the dates are just over two months away; not a lot of time for ticket sales at a place that size.

And Jim Ed, you can send me my winnings in small, unmarked bills worthy of a Boston payoff.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    pjl44 wrote:
    Regardless of who is playing, the dates are just over two months away; not a lot of time for ticket sales at a place that size.
    good point. only a big name act can sell out a stadium anyways. no way in hell dkm and bosstones sell out fenway park for a few nights. probably will be a 2 night run of pearl jam, dkm and bosstones. pearl jam has always had a history of punk bands open up for them
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    Regardless of who is playing, the dates are just over two months away; not a lot of time for ticket sales at a place that size.
    good point. only a big name act can sell out a stadium anyways. no way in hell dkm and bosstones sell out fenway park for a few nights. probably will be a 2 night run of pearl jam, dkm and bosstones. pearl jam has always had a history of punk bands open up for them

I'd love to see two nights, but that might be tricky. They'd be going back-to-back against either Montreal or Toronto. I would wager first on "Not Pearl Jam" then "One Night 9/9."
  • Options
    mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    damn you for trying to make some money mcthud ;)

*toot toot* failboat. :lol:
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

I think you are severely underestimating the fanbase of the Dropkick Murphy's alone, nevermind the Bosstones. If those 2 were on the same bill @ Fenway, they wouldn't need PJ to sell out that place.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    ^^ really? I don't think they have nearly the power to sell out Fenway. I mean the HOB to Fenway is one hell of a jump. More than 10x
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    I'm not convinced a Murphys/Bosstones twin bill would sell out Fenway. But Fenway seems very eager to have more shows this year so maybe selling out isn't necessarily a requirement.

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    youngster wrote:
    I think you are severely underestimating the fanbase of the Dropkick Murphy's alone, nevermind the Bosstones. If those 2 were on the same bill @ Fenway, they wouldn't need PJ to sell out that place.
    when was the last time dkm played an arena or a stadium and were the open act? it shouldn't take you that long to find the answer. i love dkm and the bosstones to death but no way in hell they sell out fenway park. you talking bout a 40,000+ concert.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    metsfan wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    when was the last time dkm played an arena or a stadium and were the open act? it shouldn't take you that long to find the answer. i love dkm and the bosstones to death but no way in hell they sell out fenway park. you talking bout a 40,000+ concert.

Dude, you are talking about FENWAY!!! You would have people from ME to VA driving to Boston to see this show. Sure, the HOB isn't much of a draw but Fenway is.... you'd have to be out of your mind to think that at least half the fans of DKM of MMB on the Eastern seabord wouldn't travel to Fenway to see this once in a lifetime concert. It's not like they play this venue every year. DKM and the Bosstones have never played a venue this big which is why it would be a big draw for their fanbase.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Well, I'm guessing if these concerts have anything to do with the Dropkick Murphys, we'll probably hear something on Thursday because what better way for them to announce them playing Fenway then when they're on Conan.

Hopefully we get a little birdy announcing something PJ related too that day about Fenway.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    Perhaps we'll get PJ20 movie on the third night?
  • Options
    crickK409crickK409 Posts: 54
    jimed14 wrote:
    Good, then give Buffalo Tom an opening spot on PJ's night.

My dream match up of a concert!

Matt Cameron even mentioned them in the WAAF interview he had last week.

I second that nomination. :)