Options

FENWAY PARK SEPTEMBER 9

Comments

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I hope this rumor is not true since I already spent money on a flight, concert tickets & a hotel to see Pearl Jam in Toronto. I'd be pissed if all of a sudden they are playing in my state and I could have saved a bunch of money. :x
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    pjl44 wrote:

I know they're beloved locals, but 40k+ is a little ambitious, no?
    That was my thought as well! But i've only bean to Beantown once, so I didn't really want to give my opinion on the audience draw of the local boys. :lol:

Both great bands, but I can't imagine seeing them in a ballpark after catching them a number of times in clubs.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    I hope this rumor is not true since I already spent money on a flight, concert tickets & a hotel to see Pearl Jam in Toronto. I'd be pissed if all of a sudden they are playing in my state and I could have saved a bunch of money. :x

Hey! Don't go spreading bad voodoo just because you won't be in town!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Ed knows Boston loves him/them after last week and with the magic of the Bruins, Sox and PJ20 at Fenway....Let's just say if it ever was to happen....this would be the tour that would be big for Fenway....as in let's blow away Philly w/rarities and make Fenway Atlanta 94 Epic. Aye Davanita debut---epic. Acoustic WMA epic. Mamasan epic.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Ed knows Boston loves him/them after last week and with the magic of the Bruins, Sox and PJ20 at Fenway....Let's just say if it ever was to happen....this would be the tour that would be big for Fenway....as in let's blow away Philly w/rarities and make Fenway Atlanta 94 Epic. Aye Davanita debut---epic. Acoustic WMA epic. Mamasan epic.
    i'll have what your smoking cause that must be some damn good stuff

pearl jam at fenway park is becoming a running joke like the big ,bold and free thing

pearl jam at fenway makes alota sense. maybe next year will be the year.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

pearl jam at fenway park is becoming a running joke like the big ,bold and free thing

not sure if you're joking w/last line, but if serious why not this year? The year of PJ20 tour?
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

not sure if you're joking w/last line, but if serious why not this year? The year of PJ20 tour?
    last line was serious. i can't see fenway holding 3 concerts in one year. what pj20 tour are you talking bout?? the only tour is the Canadian tour and thats not being called pj20 tour.

• Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Why not next year? The year Fenway turns 100.
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    As someone who can't go to PJ20 and loves Boston and Fenway- I hope it's true!! (and that I can get tickets)
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994

Driving to Montreal on the 7th but I still think this would be awesome. C'mon...PJ at Fenway? How awesome would that be?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Why not next year? The year Fenway turns 100.
    cause it just has to be this year. they just cant not play boston during their 20th year. :roll: :lol::lol:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    cause it just has to be this year. they just cant not play boston during their 20th year. :roll: :lol::lol:

:roll:

It would be awesome in any year. Hopefully it happens some year.

• Options
    ever hear of sarcasm? try it sometime. :lol::lol:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

We need sarcasm tags. Or at least sarcasm smileys.

• Options
    yes we do

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JimmyV wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

oh and yooooooou are the one that toooootally knows what weeeeeee all need, eh?

Well, laaaa-deee freakin-daaaa

sarcasm.jpg?m=1272637973

(how's that?)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

oh and yooooooou are the one that toooootally knows what weeeeeee all need, eh?

Well, laaaa-deee freakin-daaaa

sarcasm.jpg?m=1272637973

(how's that?)

That would work! :lol:

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    mcthud wrote:
    Okay, so maybe I am a Boston girl being a Boston girl. Yes, I would absolutely go if it happened. Yes, part of me is hoping this one is true.

ALtered to fit my situation.
    :)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Maybe it's a New Kids On The Block show? Aren't they from Boston too?
  • Options
    I have tickets for Montreal on the 7th. Driving up from Boston that day and back the next. A show on the 9th works perfectly and lets me add "two shows in three nights in two different countries" to my list of great Pearl Jam memories.

Still skeptical but having fun speculating.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    JimmyV wrote:
    I have tickets for Montreal on the 7th. Driving up from Boston that day and back the next. A show on the 9th works perfectly and lets me add "two shows in three nights in two different countries" to my list of great Pearl Jam memories.

Still skeptical but having fun speculating.

Ha! Good call, I hadn't thought of the "two shows in as many countries" aspect! I'm also driving up to Montreal from Boston, and have my fingers crossed for the Fenway show. I heard second hand from someone @ Fenway that PJ is indeed the band they are lining up for the 9th, but it's not credible enough to be convinced.

If they don't, at least I'm seeing them North of the border....but if they do, God damn that would be awesome.
  • Options
    kudos to the OP for breaking this if it turns out to be true.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    JimmyV wrote:
    Dropkicks and Bosstones = one more Fenway show I will be a-skippin'.

+1 probably. I don't think they could come close to selling out Fenway. I mean I know they can sell out the HOB, but thats a pretty significant difference attendance wise :lol:

I could see them playing there if somebody like Bruce was with them, but I don't see the E Street Band touring so soon after losing Clarence
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    According to this article (posted in Feb), PJ wants to play Fenway, but cant seem to get the schedule to work...
    http://articles.boston.com/2011-02-09/ae/29336519_1_pearl-jam-summer-schedule-new-kids

But now, since they will be in nearby Montreal on the 7th, maybe they are trying to make it work...
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    kudos to the OP for breaking this if it turns out to be true.

yeah kudos to them

oh wait

except i started a thread about this 11 days before this thread appeared

and i'm sure neither of us will take credit for it coming through like those crazy hartford bushnell folks ;)
  • Options
    Bumping in the hopes we can have a Fenway thread that won't be locked.

• Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    JimmyV wrote:

Isn't it painfully obvious now that there isn't one? They weren't locking Alpine threads that's for sure.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Isn't it painfully obvious now that there isn't one? They weren't locking Alpine threads that's for sure.

It is painfully obvious. You have become a nuisance in each thread and Kat has locked them to end the bickering. Believe me, that is obvious.

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JimmyV wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

It is painfully obvious. You have become a nuisance in each thread and Kat has locked them to end the bickering. Believe me, that is obvious.

:thumbup: :clap: