Options

Re: Ticket Sale - From The Ten Club

Comments

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I'm glad to hear that 10 club will finally be fixing their ticketing system. I just wish it was fixed before tomorrow's Canada pre-sales. Another day of refreshing for me. :?

good luck!

Thanks!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    bakerfallbakerfall Posts: 76
    Agent33 wrote:
    Suggestion for when the new system is built: let us test it in a mock run before it goes live. Setup a fake concert date for us to hammer at and see if the system can handle the deluge.

There are plenty of load testing applications out there, there is no need for that. What they really need to do is accept that their in house solution is inadequate and outsource it instead of band-aiding the existing.
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,560
    +1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    Thanks! May the heavens hear you ;)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Thanks for postin this Tim i'm sure you get sick of all the complaining , you guys work very hard it really is appreciated ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Thanks 10 club for all you efforts, I do appreciate it.
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    All is forgiven. Things were different then, all is different now.

v
    Be sound.
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Since the Alpine on-sale began, we have sold a little over 17,000 tickets (a mix of lawn and reserves for September 3/4) via the Ten Club. More than half of the sales took place today. We have now officially sold out of all of those tickets, travel packages and expo packages.

We know it was a rough ride for everyone this time around. "Sorry" feels a little light given the amount of time you all spent waiting out our ticketing system, but we are. Deeply.

Clearly, the new system is broken and slow. However, we need to get through the Canada on-sale tomorrow. Once we get through that, we will IMMEDIATELY begin building a new, state-of-the-art system to avoid ever putting you through the pain-in-the-ass-ness of yesterday.

That's our promise to you.

Sincerely, Ten Club

Thank you Ten Club...

impressive sales by the way :)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    bakerfall wrote:
    There are plenty of load testing applications out there, there is no need for that. What they really need to do is accept that their in house solution is inadequate and outsource it instead of band-aiding the existing.

I know Coran Capshaw isn't the nicest guy, but he's pretty good at running stuff. Talk to Music Today and see what options they have. Or do 10C tickets via online request and lottery, so it's quick to put in and the request period stays open a week. You could still limit it to one pair requested per show per member. Some might argue that the current system isn't a lottery, but it kind of is...if my timing for refreshing the page is exactly right, I might get tickets, or I might not. If I have nothing better to do for 4 hours I'm more likely to get them, but the frustration I feel during that time is associated with the 10C experience and it's not pleasant. I would much prefer a true lottery for all fan club tickets (preserving the 1/2/9/10 row lottery, which is a brilliant idea).
  • Options
    I feel for the folks that didnt get through, Im not sure how I did. I feel blessed! Ive been in the fan club for quite a while. never had problems getting tix. But this show is different , theres a lot of pressure on this single US show. My guess is the Canaidian shows will go smoother........
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    It likely means little to many of us, but I think this is a classy statement. Glad to see that they are hearing us and makes me proud to be a member.

Thank you 10c!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Thanks and thanks for the chance to buy tickets.

I had them in my cart yesterday but couldn't close the deal and was having issues with the connection from my work PC today. I'm hoping for a couple for each night from Ticketmaster. Maybe I should get a passport and hit up Canada.

I'm looking forward to the new system.
    formerly jamestr - I took my profile picture at Alpine Valley during the RATM concert on 08/24/2007
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Since the Alpine on-sale began, we have sold a little over 17,000 tickets (a mix of lawn and reserves for September 3/4) via the Ten Club. More than half of the sales took place today. We have now officially sold out of all of those tickets, travel packages and expo packages.

We know it was a rough ride for everyone this time around. "Sorry" feels a little light given the amount of time you all spent waiting out our ticketing system, but we are. Deeply.

Clearly, the new system is broken and slow. However, we need to get through the Canada on-sale tomorrow. Once we get through that, we will IMMEDIATELY begin building a new, state-of-the-art system to avoid ever putting you through the pain-in-the-ass-ness of yesterday.

Sincerely, Ten Club

And for those of us that bought memberships, prepaid for hotel and airfare, tried, with no success for 8 hours yesterday and then had to fly out of town to work all day and couldn't get online to get tickets today?

So $750 spent and no tickets? Really?

Couldn't be more livid.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    Thats a legit apology, and I think very cool...
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Nitro wrote:
    The key word in the apology is how it ends. "sincerely" better fucking mean sincerely. I feel terrible for those who forked out cash for flights or rooms etc and got fucked because of this mess.
  • Options
    I had no plans of attending this weekend. I'm hoping that this screw up helps the rest of us out later with something free.

Granted that's been promised before and was never fulfilled.
  • Options
    I had no plans of attending this weekend. I'm hoping that this screw up helps the rest of us out later with something free.

If now's not the time to make good on their promise of something Big, Bold and Free, then there will never be a time for it.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Nitro wrote:
    The key word in the apology is how it ends. "sincerely" better fucking mean sincerely. I feel terrible for those who forked out cash for flights or rooms etc and got fucked because of this mess.
    lesson learned... why would anyone book a flight or hotel for a concert they don't yet have tickets to?? :|
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 66
    A. No one is guaranteed tickets just because they are a 10C member.
    B. People would have been shut out even without the insane problems that occurred during this sale, there is no way everyone who wanted 10C tickets was going to get them.
    C. There are still tickets going on sale through ticketbastard.
    D. Deal with it.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options

If now's not the time to make good on their promise of something Big, Bold and Free, then there will never be a time for it.
    Exactly. And I would get that without all the hurt feelings and bitterness that some here have after this week.

Perfect world for me. I know that's mean.
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    GD274660 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

Sincerely, Ten Club

And for those of us that bought memberships, prepaid for hotel and airfare, tried, with no success for 8 hours yesterday and then had to fly out of town to work all day and couldn't get online to get tickets today?

Couldn't be more livid.
    How exactly is it their fault that you pre paid for things without having tickets? That seems incredibly unfair to them. Afterall, don't you think it would've been smart, since most airlines don't do refunds, to wait to book things until you had tickets? Just saying. There is a lot that went wrong yesterday, but pinning this on them isn't cool.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    lesson learned... why would anyone book a flight or hotel for a concert they don't yet have tickets to?? :|
    Yeah, how stupid! :? :? :? :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    bk159954bk159954 Posts: 166
    bakerfall wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I think, just my opinion

For this event.... 10c should have done a survey to see who would attend PJ20. Named the dates and a general location (midwest)Charged $50 in escrow that would be used toward a future sale. Then pick a place to satisfy everyone. Even if it turned out to be a GA field somewhere with NO Seniority. It would have saved alot of headaches for Tim and Staff.

Yes, some would bitch about no reserved seats.... Yada yada yada. But for a one time only event.... This could have been the fairest way

Granted I don't know shit about logistics of an event like this.... Just something that I think could have worked for everyone

For the record, I scored tix and am happy to be going to Wisconsin. Just trying to think of something that would have been more INCLUSIVE

If all you are looking for is inclusive, there are going to be no lack of available lawn seats. Anyone that wants to go, will be able to go. This isn't the Showbox or the Vic, it's a 37,000 seat amphitheater. Getting in will not be a problem.

Big open GA fields are tremendously shitty places to see a concert, far worse then the lawn at Alpine. Nevermind the logistics in putting on a show in a non-traditional venue like that, and the fact that you are over exaggerating demand. They wouldn't have gotten enough people unless they added at least 2 more significant headliners.

Despite the absolute shit show that was the 10c onsale, Alpine still was a very good choice of venue.

Bingo. Couldn't agree more. I'm from Wisconsin, seen PJ at Alpine twice and I think those who have not will be pleasantly surprised with the sound, sightlines and atmoshere. Gonna be epic!
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514

Because every time I've attempted to purchase presale club tickets, I was successful.

And I am not being unfair. Had I had a fair chance both days to get tix and I was shut out, I would totally understand that 100%.

All my membership should get me is a fair chance to get tickets and I didn't get that chance.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options

Exactly. And I would get that without all the hurt feelings and bitterness that some here have after this week.

Perfect world for me. I know that's mean.
    :D Same here. I wouldn't mind getting something they already promised us and then just disappeared, even though I didn't waste two days trying to get tickets or fork over any cash yet for a flight or hotel.
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

Sincerely, Ten Club

Couldn't be more livid.

I'm not trying to be insensitive but you had to know that was a gamble to book hotel and airfare without tickets. I guess you'll have to try the TM route on 6/4. Even if you don't succeed with that just show up and you'll be able to find some tickets. I feel for you but at the same time you shouldn't be livid towards the 10c.
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    edited May 2011
    :D Same here. I wouldn't mind getting something they already promised us and then just disappeared, even though I didn't waste two days trying to get tickets or fork over any cash yet for a flight or hotel.[/quote]

"Something promised to us"? - nothing was promised to any of us 10c folks! Please leave your entitlement at the door and enjoy the show!
    Post edited by LD_and happy on
  • Options
    10c. all of you. thanks for everything you do. you always take care of us.
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:

Because every time I've attempted to purchase presale club tickets, I was successful.

And I am not being unfair. Had I had a fair chance both days to get tix and I was shut out, I would totally understand that 100%.

All my membership should get me is a fair chance to get tickets and I didn't get that chance.

So... who did get a fair chance in your opinion?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Thank you 10C
This discussion has been closed.