Options

Re: Ticket Sale - From The Ten Club

Comments

• Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    Speaking as one who did get shut out, I am bummed but not bitter. I'll be there for the public on sale.

You can make it up to me by making sure my tickets to see Eddie in LA are up close.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    edited May 2011
    Thanks, We all went thru this together. Pretty sure the stress level was as high if not higher on the 10 club end. Wow 17,000 tics that alone is amazing! Thanks for sticking it thru. Maybe the club members can help you out when you have the new system up with a mock pre sale so we can test that baby out for bugs. Take care and good luck with tomorow.
    Post edited by boxorbag on
  • Options
    Well, when's the holiday single going to arrive? ;)
  • Options
    KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    I think no matter how maddening it was, all of us knew you were doing everything you possibly could. Everyone here knows you have our best interest at heart.

That being said, I am super glad I didn't bother going for tix. Dealing with the vedder pre-sale was worse than trying to get tix about fifteen years ago when they tried to tour without ticketbastard.

Memba that? Didn't get tix to those, either.

See y'all in 2012
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • Options
    Classy. :D Thanks!
  • Options
    CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    Thx 10c. We love our pearl jam an dour passion can turn quickly. Thx for all that you do and for the apology.

IDEA!!
    FREE BEER @ PJ20? :D
    Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
    Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
    First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
    Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
    Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
    Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
    PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    That's great to hear.

Thanks Tim!
  • Options
    CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 124
    So 17,000 for 2 shows is 8,500 a show divided in half for reserve and lawn meant that 4,250 seats were in the reserve section for each show. Not bad since there are only 7,000 reserve seats for a show. Fan club comes through again.
  • Options
    KathyDTFTKathyDTFT Posts: 13
    I am extremely grateful to just have the opportunity to purchase tickets through the Ten Club for ANYTHING the band does. Yes, it was frustrating, but I also wanted to say how incredible it is what the club has attempted to do for us is, and how much thoughtful consideration went into planning this amazing event. Time and time again, the band hasdone so much for their fans and so many charity organizations and communities on a grass roots level, and I don't feel I'm owed anything. I get so much from the music they make, the rest of it is gravy. But that's just me.

Kathy D
    TwoFeetThick.com
    Kathy D
    TwoFeetThick.com
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    thank you!
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Thank you for that :clap: You certainly have a hard job with all these crazy people, and I appreciate how much you guys care.

And cheers for the new system :thumbup:
  • Options
    bakerfallbakerfall Posts: 76
    Honestly, why put yourself through this at all? Outsource it to music today (or a similar company). You can still use existing seniority rules and will call distribution and use the 10c ecomm site for all other sales. There is no sense in reinventing the wheel and adding capacity that you won't need 99.9% of the time. Just outsource the ticket sales and make everyone's lives easier. As an IT professional, it is what I would do.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Perth 98
    Melbourne 03 (x2)
    Melbourne 06
    Melbourne 09
  • Options
    CC9172 wrote:
    So 17,000 for 2 shows is 8,500 a show divided in half for reserve and lawn meant that 4,250 seats were in the reserve section for each show. Not bad since there are only 7,000 reserve seats for a show. Fan club comes through again.

You have no idea how many of the 17,000 tickets were just lawn. Remember, there were ga/ga ticket packages to. There is almost no chance that the 10c got over 50% of the reserved seats, I'd say MAYBE 20-25%.
  • Options
    Gilliam2010Gilliam2010 Posts: 25
    Apologies are always good, but not having to apologize means great service. Apologies mean someone fucked up, or in our case, continues to fuck up. Why is there a problem everytime there is a ten club ticket sale? This is not necessary stress for the Ten Club Management, The Band, or The Fans. Many other well known websites can handle a rediculous amount of traffic....Fix it for everyone's sake or contact me and I will help fix it.
  • Options
    inmytr33inmytr33 Posts: 17
    Ok, I just want to make sure I'm secured. I bought my tickets, they are in my order history, I got an e-mail saying my order is being processed but that was at 11:03 a.m. this morning and I still haven't gotten a Confirmation E-mail.

I e-mailed support but nothing yet.

Am I good?
    inmytr33
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    inmytr33 wrote:
    Ok, I just want to make sure I'm secured. I bought my tickets, they are in my order history, I got an e-mail saying my order is being processed but that was at 11:03 a.m. this morning and I still haven't gotten a Confirmation E-mail.

Am I good?

if they are in your order history, you have secured tickets regardless of whether you received an email
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Since the Alpine on-sale began, we have sold a little over 17,000 tickets (a mix of lawn and reserves for September 3/4) via the Ten Club. More than half of the sales took place today. We have now officially sold out of all of those tickets, travel packages and expo packages.

We know it was a rough ride for everyone this time around. "Sorry" feels a little light given the amount of time you all spent waiting out our ticketing system, but we are. Deeply.

Clearly, the new system is broken and slow. However, we need to get through the Canada on-sale tomorrow. Once we get through that, we will IMMEDIATELY begin building a new, state-of-the-art system to avoid ever putting you through the pain-in-the-ass-ness of yesterday.

That's our promise to you.

Sincerely, Ten Club

That's classy right there, folks.

Nearly all of the concerns I've read & heard were addressed right there in 3 quick paragraphs.

When Ten Club is transparent like this, it should be difficult to stay angry or disappointed.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,498
    bakerfall wrote:
    CC9172 wrote:

You have no idea how many of the 17,000 tickets were just lawn. Remember, there were ga/ga ticket packages to. There is almost no chance that the 10c got over 50% of the reserved seats, I'd say MAYBE 20-25%.
    Exactly, more than usual, but not as much as I thought. I am sure they fought tooth and nail for every ticket.
    Damn shame that a band with PJ's drawing power still has very little leverage against LN.
  • Options
    AY268609AY268609 Posts: 11
    inmytr33 wrote:

Am I good?

Hope you get an email, as they do not respond to mine in a timly manner.
  • Options
    MN247676MN247676 Posts: 16
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Since the Alpine on-sale began, we have sold a little over 17,000 tickets (a mix of lawn and reserves for September 3/4) via the Ten Club. More than half of the sales took place today. We have now officially sold out of all of those tickets, travel packages and expo packages.

We know it was a rough ride for everyone this time around. "Sorry" feels a little light given the amount of time you all spent waiting out our ticketing system, but we are. Deeply.

Clearly, the new system is broken and slow. However, we need to get through the Canada on-sale tomorrow. Once we get through that, we will IMMEDIATELY begin building a new, state-of-the-art system to avoid ever putting you through the pain-in-the-ass-ness of yesterday.

Sincerely, Ten Club

I know ten club won't read this, but whatever. The bold sentence is the entire problem with this broken web site. Small teams do not simple build state-of-the-art systems which can handle the load of tens of thousands of hits every second. It is not a simple task, and it's pretty obvious the ten club site is not up to the challenge.

Now, it could just be a really bad skin on an existing product, but from the looks & performance the ten club have hired someone to make a custom web store solution. You guys will not have the money or man power to build your own store and handle this load.

Please, for the sake of everyone involved, contact the people at the likes of Amazon/eBay/Google for pre-made solutions for this kind of burst load once-off functionality. Google apps would probably do the trick, but there are many services out there which will not cost very much and scale up plenty far for times when tickets are on sale.

Don't waste your time building another web site that will undoubtedly break.
  • Options
    MN247676 wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

Sincerely, Ten Club

I know ten club won't read this, but whatever. The bold sentence is the entire problem with this broken web site. Small teams do not simple build state-of-the-art systems which can handle the load of tens of thousands of hits every second. It is not a simple task, and it's pretty obvious the ten club site is not up to the challenge.

Now, it could just be a really bad skin on an existing product, but from the looks & performance the ten club have hired someone to make a custom web store solution. You guys will not have the money or man power to build your own store and handle this load.

Please, for the sake of everyone involved, contact the people at the likes of Amazon/eBay/Google for pre-made solutions for this kind of burst load once-off functionality. Google apps would probably do the trick, but there are many services out there which will not cost very much and scale up plenty far for times when tickets are on sale.

Don't waste your time building another web site that will undoubtedly break.

THIS

No band the size of PJ does this kind of thing in house. PJ does ticket sales at BEST two weeks a year, and most of the time 1/4 of that. Why waste time and resources rebuilding a custom, proprietary solution because it can't handle that minimal amount of time. Outsource the ticket sales, do the rest in house. it will work, won't cost that much and will save everyone unbelievable amounts of stress, mostly you and your IT staff.
  • Options
    AY268609 wrote:
    inmytr33 wrote:

Am I good?

Hope you get an email, as they do not respond to mine in a timly manner.

If they are in your order history, you have tickets.
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,069
    Someone is trying to deflect some of the shit storm coming his way on AET tomorrow. :lol:

Thanks, Tim. I sincerely hope for your brain cells and ours that the new system works better. God speed to all of us!
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Better Dan wrote:
    Tim and Ten Club Staff,

Thanks for the message and thank you so much for your hard work with this presale and everything else that you do. I know it hasn't been an easy week for you either and I hope you are able to take a well deserved break soon. The continued fun and excitement of PJ20 will make it all worth it. Take care!

Well said!! :thumbup:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Someone is trying to deflect some of the shit storm coming his way on AET tomorrow. :lol:

Thanks, Tim. I sincerely hope for your brain cells and ours that the new system works better. God speed to all of us!

Tim is going to catch more flak tomorrow then Harold Camping did on May 22nd. Somewhat deserved, somewhat not. Clearly they were told by their IT staff that it would be better, it only got worse. However, given past debacles it should have already been pushed to a different solution.

My suggestion, announce that Neil Young, Soundgarden or Temple of the Dog will be playing at PJDW and hope that's enough to distract people from the shit storm.

My other suggestion, do a Ticketmaster presale for 10c members only. That will placate people as well.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    17,000 tickets thats a shitload of tickets.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Get_Right wrote:
    Damn shame that a band with PJ's drawing power still has very little leverage against LN.
    billionaires vs millionaires

millionaire will never ever win. its why pj was the only band that fought ticketmaster in the 90's and lost badly and realized either will play their(ticketmaster) game or we get no fanclub seats at all.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    DS112041DS112041 Posts: 79
    norm wrote:
    hang in there tim, rob and everyone else at 10c
    +1
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Gotta give you props for using the term pain-in-the-ass-ness in an official news release, nice! Best of luck with the new system. I know everybody is pissed and frustrated about all the issues, but I know that you guys want this to work smoothly probably even more than we do. Thanks for being candid with your responses. And congrats to everyone that got tickets, see you all there 8-)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
This discussion has been closed.