Options

I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    Well WTF?

I have a few days off this week. Nothing planned. Gimme a shout if anything is needed. Sounds like a pot of chicken soup is at the top of the menu.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Rob - just wanted to let you know I'm thinking positive for you and your wife. Give a call if you need anything - please?
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Give my best to the wife. I hope all works out there.

Hope you're all good. I've seen how cancer treatment can take it out of someone. As long as you have someone to lean on! :D

orbitbubba.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    wowzers! hope your wife is doing well. thoughts and prayers to you both. You're both fighters. stay strong.
    hugs to you both.
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    imalive wrote:
    guess where I spent my afternoon?

The ER.

but not for me...for my wife :shock: . she's still down there....awaiting a CT scan. I'll bet her appendix is coming out tonight. We've caught plenty of breaks in our lives....but not lately :cry:

Sending healing thoughts for your wife and you. STAY POSITIVE!!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    imalive wrote:

The ER.

but not for me...for my wife :shock: . she's still down there....awaiting a CT scan. I'll bet her appendix is coming out tonight. We've caught plenty of breaks in our lives....but not lately :cry:
    when I posted this, I had run home from the hospital to let the dog out. while I was home, I got a text from Codie saying "not appendix. ovarian cancer or ovarian cyst." NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

when I got back to the hospital, they had her in ultrasound. apparently, Codie had a "baseball sized" mass around an ovary. At this point, my head is absolutely spinning....there is no fucking way we can BOTH have cancer! she takes care of me. I talked to the nurse and we were just starting to talk about ovarian cancer when they brought Codie back to the room.

It was a long night. long story short, it looks like it's NOT cancer. because of a few factors, the doc (and Codie and I) thought it best to operate last night. the surgery went well and Codie is now missing an ovary and fallopian tube. I'm heading down there shortly. as strong as you people think I am, I'm not sure I could have handled another cancer.....luckily, this wasn't it and Codie should be able to come home tomorrow night.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    wow. major stuff. Have the both of you in my thoughts, hang in there
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

The ER.

when I posted this, I had run home from the hospital to let the dog out. while I was home, I got a text from Codie saying "not appendix. ovarian cancer or ovarian cyst." NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

when I got back to the hospital, they had her in ultrasound. apparently, Codie had a "baseball sized" mass around an ovary. At this point, my head is absolutely spinning....there is no fucking way we can BOTH have cancer! she takes care of me. I talked to the nurse and we were just starting to talk about ovarian cancer when they brought Codie back to the room.

It was a long night. long story short, it looks like it's NOT cancer. because of a few factors, the doc (and Codie and I) thought it best to operate last night. the surgery went well and Codie is now missing an ovary and fallopian tube. I'm heading down there shortly. as strong as you people think I am, I'm not sure I could have handled another cancer.....luckily, this wasn't it and Codie should be able to come home tomorrow night.

I am so thankful to hear that it wasn't. Much love and healing thoughts to you and Codie. Be gentle with yourselves during this time. You two are an amazing couple. Inspiring doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Damnit! I'm sorry the shit keeps getting heaped on you. Sending up a lot of love and light for you and the ms.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

The ER.

oh hell....I'm so sorry to hear this. I know exactly what your wife is going through. going thru it myself at the moment and my surgery for that is scheduled for next week thursday, (of course after I see both nights of eddie in chicago). My heart and thoughts and prayers go out to you both.

And remember the good Lord wouldn't dish out what you guys couldn't handle. Knowing that gets me through alot lately.

You guys are super strong and you'll get through this.

hugs to you both.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

The ER.

damn i don't know what to say...i'm glad that codie will be ok but...damn

let me know if you guys need anything
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Fuck! :(
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    Holy Shit.

It is just a cyst (fingers crossed). Man I don't get the shivers often... but your posts have been nailing me. I also somehow feel like there is no possible way Codie has cancer. You said it best yourself. There are good days ahead, plenty of them. I just don't feel an overwhelming sense of dread for either of you. It just aint possible! If anything I feel like you are in the right place in the right time and everything will fall into place. And I am not the religious type, I just think the Karma is there.

that being said, I'll send a PM with my number in case you dont have it handy. Give me a call if you need ANYTHING!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

The ER.

OMG Rob. I went through this same scare in 2005. As badly as it scared me the surgery was pretty simple. I recovered very quickly and I'm sure Codie will too.

{{hugs}}
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Holy S**t Rob!!

Sooooo glad it wasn't cancer. Here's to a quick recovery for Codie and all the best to you.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Jeez Rob,How bad can things look? Hope you both hang in there and stay strong and possitive during this..
    Sending you all the good vibes and prayers i have in me...
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    dude, the fact that you are so strong through this for yourself, and there for your good lady says a lot about you.

so glad it wasn't cancer!

although a rather pointless thing to say from all the way in Bristol, if you need anything give me a shout. :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    flowers.jpg

WTF! Take care of each other. I too am sending positive thoughts to you both
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Rob, I can't believe it!
    I am sending you and your wife huge hugs and waves of positivity xxxxxxxxxx
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Holy F**k Rob,

I'm so sorry to hear about these tough times, but we're all pulling for you and now Codie, here's to a quick and as painless as possible recovery to you both! If there is anything I can do please PM me and I'll help in any way I can...keep rockin buddy
    :thumbup:
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    oh good lord, I am to the curb. not even sure I can compose a post but here's where I'm at...

ALL I want to do is sleep and somehow fast forward through these next 2-3 weeks. after tomorrow, I have 2 more weeks of chemo and 14 radiation treatments (halfway thru). every bad side effect you could have, I've got. I've got to get in my truck in a few minutes and drive to radiation and the thought of the drive is daunting. it just sucks...when they said I would feel worse with each passing day, they weren't kidding.

I had a friend come over to walk gracie today. I feel guilty for her but I think she knows her dad is not right.

On a brighter note, Codie is recovering well. on my second visit yesterday, they had removed her IV and catheter and she was eating some solid food. they're going to let her come home tomorrow :D . I'm going to see her after radiation but I'm afraid I won't be able to stay long.

send me your vibes, prayers, whatever. tell cancer I'm going to kick it's punk ass!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i hope they give you front row seats to the next PJ show you attend...and a tamborine....and a setlist of your favorite songs....

hang in there buddy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    you're strong and tough as shit. well done, Sir.
    wish you weren't going through all this

man hugs...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,714
    Big 'ol KAPOW of positive Chi sent your way and I know you'll kick the crap out of that cancer. It don't stand a chance against the likes of you!

Be kind to yourself and hang in there. We're rooting for you and the misses.

Peace!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    If i see that punk ass i will kick it for you...
    I hope you feel better soon and when your wife is home again i quess thats a good feeling too..
    I am sending all the good vibes i have in me to the both of you..

Keep kickin that m.f !!

Lots of love and hugs..

Appie
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Rob, stay strong my friend. I am in awe of you and your wife, and your combined strength is amazing.
    I truely hope you feel better soon, and wish your wife a speedy recovery.
    We are all here for you, and whilst I can do little over the pond, I can send you happy thoughts, love and virtual hugs.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    p.s. in case anyone wonders "how the hell can you have a tennis ball (me) or baseball (Codie) sized mass and not know?", you can. the doc said codie's was not that unusual and she felt perfectly fine up until monday morning. luckily, it twisted and alerted her. mine, I knew something was going on and coulda/shoulda gone in a little sooner...but the $#@&^ing thing had been growing for probably 2 years :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    rob, man i wish i could be there to drive you to radiation...i have a lot of experience with that ;)

stay strong my friend
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me