Options

I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    norm wrote:
    rob, man i wish i could be there to drive you to radiation...i have a lot of experience with that ;)

stay strong my friend

Be careful behind the wheel!! Can you call a local friend or cab or something to take you?
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Rob,

Stay strong, for Codie, Gracie and your family...you all need each other.

Sending you my {{{HUGS}}} and good vibes.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    p.s. in case anyone wonders "how the hell can you have a tennis ball (me) or baseball (Codie) sized mass and not know?", you can. the doc said codie's was not that unusual and she felt perfectly fine up until monday morning. luckily, it twisted and alerted her. mine, I knew something was going on and coulda/shoulda gone in a little sooner...but the $#@&^ing thing had been growing for probably 2 years :cry:
    When I had an orange sized cyst on my ovary, I had not a clue! Apparently our inside stuff can be very accommodating. :wtf: :sick::lol:

I promise you, if Codie's experience is like mine, she will recover rapidly. I hate that you're having to feel so bad. And that you're having to drive yourself too. :( I think many of us would be glad to help out if we could be there.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,559
    happy to report, my day got better....

I drug my ass to radiation and then went to see Codie. That brightened me up but I was still dragging. while we were visiting, I noticed there were a ton of air bubbles in the "supply line" of my chemo pump. I didn't really want to drive clear to the chemo place, but figured I better give them a call.

I called up and explained the situation. the nurse says "you're at IHC? we have an office there; have one of their nurses check the pump." so, I go in and the chemo bag is completely empty, one day ahead of schedule. most likely, I got all my chemo but they didn't put enough of the saline(?) in with it. so, they call call normal nurse and she says to DC me. what does this mean? almost a whole day without the fucking bag attached to me! woo-hoo! :mrgreen:

but it gets better.....I'm walking to my truck and I have a thought. I go back in and ask "any chance I could take my first real shower in over a month?" the nurse says "absolutely." so, right now, I'm off to the shower. I'll probably take another 1-2 tomorrow morning. this is an awesome turn of events on a day that needed one! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

also, dc faithfull dropped by with some beer (which he drank) and some food (which I wolfed down). :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    YAY!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    Glad you're day ended so well. You deserve it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    also, dc faithfull dropped by with some beer (which he drank) and some food (which I wolfed down). :thumbup:

that dave is a good man :clap:

glad your day went better...and thanks for the shower...i could smell from here :P
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

I knew the punchline as soon as you said dc and beer :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,711
    Small victories for an overwhelming defeat of that loser cancer! Wishing you many good, great and better days ahead for you and the misses!

Peace!

And damn, Rob, nice to read a positive post from you after the last few weeks. I get a little nervous reading on but that's my problem. Keep on keepin' on!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jsvedderjsvedder Posts: 9
    Wishing you all good thoughts Rob!!!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,930
    Hey Rob, hugs and healing vibes to both you and Codie.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,980
    Amazing what one day can bring, and a little water, huh?

Us two Daves will have to get together and present ourselves with more beer and tons of food.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    today, I'm seriously to the curb again. dammit. all I want to do is get radiation done, get chemo done and come back home to bed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    today, I'm seriously to the curb again. dammit. all I want to do is get radiation done, get chemo done and come back home to bed.
    But at least you're clean! :P ;)
    One day at a time, man, one day at a time. You will get through this. :thumbup:
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Was talking about this mural the other day with a friend as it's a few blocks from my house, and thought of you, Rob ...

http://www.precitaeyes.org/vamos.html

vamos3.jpg

VAMOS GIGANTES!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Positive thoughts coming your way Rob xx
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
  • Options
    For you Rob!

Keep hangin' tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJYGakuIfU
  • Options
    For you Rob!

Keep hangin' tough.

You don't think Rob's a little OLD for the New Kids? :P
  • Options
    For you Rob!

Keep hangin' tough.

You are NEVER too old for the New Kids... and Hangin' Tough is a philosophy we should all live by ;)
  • Options
    For you Rob!

Keep hangin' tough.

You are NEVER too old for the New Kids... and Hangin' Tough is a philosophy we should all live by ;)
    OK, I'll finish watching it then, since I'm old just like Rob. ;)
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,320
    sending positive thoughts. I've watched many people I love go through cancer treatment, most recently my son. He was 6 when diagnosed with lymphoma, spent 8 months getting chemo. Felt like a truck hit him (and me), but now, he's over two years out of treatment and doing great. Some days it just feels like the walls are closing in, but luckily there's an end in sight too. Hope the time spent in treatment flies by for you. Wishing you a speedy return to health.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    imalive wrote:
    But at least you're clean! :P ;)
    One day at a time, man, one day at a time. You will get through this. :thumbup:

+1 Rest well. Baby steps. BIG HUGS
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    dasvidana wrote:
    sending positive thoughts. I've watched many people I love go through cancer treatment, most recently my son. He was 6 when diagnosed with lymphoma, spent 8 months getting chemo. Felt like a truck hit him (and me), but now, he's over two years out of treatment and doing great. Some days it just feels like the walls are closing in, but luckily there's an end in sight too. Hope the time spent in treatment flies by for you. Wishing you a speedy return to health.

:clap: Glad to hear your son is doing great. :D
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    hope Codie is home and that you are both having a nice, restful day! Thoughts your way, as always
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hey Rob,
    Thoughts are with you from in here in Ozzie Land. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Just wanted to share this story with you:

A young girl who is a friend of the family has been diagnosed with colon cancer and bowel cancer, she is actually pregnant too! Initially she was told that the baby would probably die at about 4 months because they would have to induce her to stop all the growing pressure on her tummy, seems as though all is going really well and she is due in July!!
    She is going really well too, we are all very happy for her. She's still not completely free just yet but she is a fighter and has kept in great spirits throughout it all, just like you. ;)
    There's a spring time ahead..
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Sending some positive vibes your way.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    imalive wrote:

that is awesome stuff
    the internet is a remarkable tool

be well, dude
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oh, jeez.....

I usually have no trouble putting thoughts to words but it's hard to see this computer screen thru my teary eyes, much less form coherent thoughts. these last two days have been beyond rough...my tough exterior has finally crumbled. I'm listening to music for the first time in days and every new song on my ipod seems to hit harder than the last (pure & easy by the who is paying right now :cry: ). I hope crying is good for me because I'm doing way too much of it....or maybe as much as I need. I can't think exactly of the shannon hoon lyric, but that's totally what i'm feeling.

I was already a little weepy....my body is killing me (I guess really the chemo and radiation shit)...and a peter gabriel song got me going (from a movie I remember with my wife)....and then I summoned the strength the open some packages I'd gotten from you guys. OH.MY.GOD. I literally had to put away the card loulou had put together all the way from australia...it was going to be soaking wet. words can't even describe how it made me feel. happy but bawling.

I'll get back to you guys when I get my shit together. a lot of you have mentioned the healing power of music. so true, so true. just since I've been typing this, I've bawled to love reign o'er me (ya think?? :lol: ), allison moyet, soul asylum, james mcmurtry (singing about soldiers and their "look" in airports). I'm too weak right now to thank everyone of you personally but I know who you are and you know who you are. I can't wait to go thru all this stuff again when I'm not a bawling mess. Codie appreciates you guys as much as me :mrgreen: . and to the dodger fan who sent me what was obviously a picture frame....I figured it was going to be a framed picture of steve garvey....and that would have been OK....but it was much better. and, to think, your wishes came from all over the WORLD. I won't let you guys down. I had no idea I had this wonderful family.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    There once was a note pure and easy
    Playing so free like a breath rippling by . . .

Yes, Rob, love reigns o'er you. Let music and your friends greetings bring healing to you and Codie. :D

Extra good vibes come from listening to The Who. :thumbup: :wink: