Options

***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    U2 Radio is fantastic on Sirius.  Although they play a lot of that new album where they stripped down a bunch of old songs.  I'm not a huge fan of those renditions. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Look for an additional 12 shows at Sphere in Jan/Feb. to be announced soon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    Totally getting FOMO with the sphere shows, just put in the draw for 26 or 27th.  Fingers crossed.  My U2 membership runs out in 10 days.. lol. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    It’s quite the spectacle isn’t it!? I am pretty floored by what I’ve seen. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I read from a reliable source that U2 gets $4million per show!
  • Options
    Trying for Jan 31!
  • Options
    Just had to cancel my trip for this week and Wednesday's show. Dog is in the hospital.
    Put in for presale for new run, hoping they come through.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Poncier said:
    Just had to cancel my trip for this week and Wednesday's show. Dog is in the hospital.
    Whoa sorry to hear my thoughts are with you and your dog! Hope all is better soon 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Whoa sorry to hear my thoughts are with you and your dog! Hope all is better soon 
    Thanks Jose.

• Options
    We managed to get GA tickets for Jan 26 through my u2 membership, nice n' easy.  Looking forward to going :)

Poncier: Sorry to hear about your dog, it sucks when pets aren't well :(
  • Options
    Zod said:

Thanks. Hopefully coming home today (unfortunately with one less eye).

Got GA for Feb. 3 in the presale. So another 3+ month wait, but it will be worth it.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:

Got GA for Feb. 3 in the presale. So another 3+ month wait, but it will be worth it.
    Sorry to hear about your dog. At least he is coming home. I have seen a few dogs and cats with one eye and they seem to adjust well. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:

Oh man so sorry to hear about him loosing an eye I can’t stand seeing pets hurting! Hopefully he can adjust 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:

Oh man so sorry to hear about him loosing an eye I can’t stand seeing pets hurting! Hopefully he can adjust 
    Hopefully she'll be fine. We'll see how the recovery goes. She's older (14. will be 15 in March) but has always been like a puppy. Never had a single medical issue until this recent eye issue.
    Side note: when we picked her up earlier at Angell Memorial, Tom Hamilton and his wife were sitting next to us in the waiting area after an appointment with their dog.
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 322
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:

Hopefully she'll be fine. We'll see how the recovery goes. She's older (14. will be 15 in March) but has always been like a puppy. Never had a single medical issue until this recent eye issue.
    Side note: when we picked her up earlier at Angell Memorial, Tom Hamilton and his wife were sitting next to us in the waiting area after an appointment with their dog.
    Oh poor girl it really affects me when I hear of pets being sick or going through physical issues! My Twinkie is 14 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Final 4 Sphere shows announced for Feb 23 & 24 and March 1 & 2.
    U2.com presale registration open till tomorrow, general sale Friday.
  • Options
    Nice, I'm superstoked to be going to the first show of the January shows.   I'm not sure how many big bands left out there I'd want to play the Sphere, so going pretty early on to see U2 seems like a good life choice.  Especially when the set is geared around on my my all time favourite albums.
  • Options
    I’m going next Wednesday can’t wait! 
  • Options
    Just got back to hotel after the show tonight! I’ve seen probably 400-500 concerts and tonight’s U2 show is the best performance I’ve been lucky to have witnessed, I was filled with so much emotions thinking about my mother & my friends who are no longer in this life with me the sound the visuals were spectacular! I’m not going to forget tonight ever! 
  • Options
    Just got back to hotel after the show tonight! I’ve seen probably 400-500 concerts and tonight’s U2 show is the best performance I’ve been lucky to have witnessed, I was filled with so much emotions thinking about my mother & my friends who are no longer in this life with me the sound the visuals were spectacular! I’m not going to forget tonight ever! 
    Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it so much.
    Can't wait till Feb 3 and my show.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    That’s incredible Jose. So happy you had a blast. I’ve heard nothing but great things and I’m not surprised. U2 and Pj have always been tied for my favorites. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s incredible Jose. So happy you had a blast. I’ve heard nothing but great things and I’m not surprised. U2 and Pj have always been tied for my favorites. 
    Yeah i wasn’t expecting it to make me feel such high emotions, last time I saw the band was back in November 2001 two months after the towers were destroyed, MSG benefiting families of NYPD & NYFD and that was really an emotional show too, last night was just perfect I did miss Larry behind the kit but the new dude which even Bono had a hard time pronouncing his name is really good! If you have the means I’d recommend seeing them in this setting! Poncier hope you have a blast! 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah i wasn’t expecting it to make me feel such high emotions, last time I saw the band was back in November 2001 two months after the towers were destroyed, MSG benefiting families of NYPD & NYFD and that was really an emotional show too, last night was just perfect I did miss Larry behind the kit but the new dude which even Bono had a hard time pronouncing his name is really good! If you have the means I’d recommend seeing them in this setting! Poncier hope you have a blast! 
    Wow Jose I can’t believe that was the last time you saw them!!! I was at all three of those msg shows after 9/11. Night 3 is my favorite concert of all time. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wow Jose I can’t believe that was the last time you saw them!!! I was at all three of those msg shows after 9/11. Night 3 is my favorite concert of all time. 
    Yeah I was there for that 3rd show, I scalped with my brother in law payed $175 per ticket outside of MSG funny thing the scalpers wouldn’t sell us tickets they kept saying we were cops because of the way we were dressed 😂😂 I had to beg one dude and he walked all the way to ticket taker person to make sure we weren’t cops 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I was there for that 3rd show, I scalped with my brother in law payed $175 per ticket outside of MSG funny thing the scalpers wouldn’t sell us tickets they kept saying we were cops because of the way we were dressed 😂😂 I had to beg one dude and he walked all the way to ticket taker person to make sure we weren’t cops 🤷‍♂️
    I scalped that night too!! Hahaha $110 for section 301. Unforgettable night. 
  • Options
    Love this!! Can’t wait for next month!
  • Options
    Love this!! Can’t wait for next month!
    Cool I hope you’ll enjoy it! 
  • Options