Options

***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,893
    Damn last night's show looked amazing.  I had ga tickets to see them in december but unfortunately had to sell them.  Pearl Jam should play the sphere!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn last night's show looked amazing.  I had ga tickets to see them in december but unfortunately had to sell them.  Pearl Jam should play the sphere!
    That’s when I’m going! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I'm as always impressed with U2, but that is the last type of venue I would ever want to see music performed in.  Way too many screens for me.  I like a couple screens for the folks in the cheap seats, some nice lights and a good stage backdrop.  All the square footage of screen surrounding the venue really take away from the performance for me.  My most recent big show was Roger Waters last Oct...music was great, but he really over did it with the screens, this venue takes it to a whole different level.  Guess I can skip going to the sphere.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    To open up with that intro before zoo station… fucking chills man. What a waste that this stays in Vegas. I don't need that venue but I NEED AB in full. Fuck. 
    Yeah but this venue was constructed specially for high end loving music fans like us! I haven’t been this pumped for a show like this in a long time! 
    I hear that but they could pull off a show on a smaller scale in arenas. 
    I bet they do once Larry is back but I’d rather they do Unforgettable Fire in its entirety that is by far my favorite Record! 
    Who is playing instead of Larry?
    Bram Van Der Berg lol not sure what band or where he’s from but that’s a crazy name he can go by any of them 
    I wonder if he just goes by the full name all the time.  Hey Bram Van Der Berg, you are getting a little bit too showy back there.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    static111 said:
    I'm as always impressed with U2, but that is the last type of venue I would ever want to see music performed in.  Way too many screens for me.  I like a couple screens for the folks in the cheap seats, some nice lights and a good stage backdrop.  All the square footage of screen surrounding the venue really take away from the performance for me.  My most recent big show was Roger Waters last Oct...music was great, but he really over did it with the screens, this venue takes it to a whole different level.  Guess I can skip going to the sphere.
    It’s once in a lifetime for me to experience it I wouldn’t make it a yearly thing! I too like stripped down R&R shows way better then these types of shows will see how I like it, I’m also waiting for members from here to give their reviews I know there’s a couple who are going. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    static111 said:
    this is what I thought when I saw some videos from the other night. It was like the band was an afterthought.  Seeing the vids made me think there is no way PJ would ever play that venue.  overkill on the lights and videos.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    It’s once in a lifetime for me to experience it I wouldn’t make it a yearly thing! I too like stripped down R&R shows way better then these types of shows will see how I like it, I’m also waiting for members from here to give their reviews I know there’s a couple who are going. 
    Hope you enjoy it Jose.  I'm sure the music will be great!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    To open up with that intro before zoo station… fucking chills man. What a waste that this stays in Vegas. I don't need that venue but I NEED AB in full. Fuck. 
    Yeah but this venue was constructed specially for high end loving music fans like us! I haven’t been this pumped for a show like this in a long time! 
    I hear that but they could pull off a show on a smaller scale in arenas. 
    I bet they do once Larry is back but I’d rather they do Unforgettable Fire in its entirety that is by far my favorite Record! 
    Who is playing instead of Larry?
    Bram Van Der Berg lol not sure what band or where he’s from but that’s a crazy name he can go by any of them 
    Swedish Chef - Wikipedia
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    pjhawks said:
    static111 said:
    this is what I thought when I saw some videos from the other night. It was like the band was an afterthought.  Seeing the vids made me think there is no way PJ would ever play that venue.  overkill on the lights and videos.

The sunrise in the desert looked really cool but otherwise way too busy for me.

Gimme some lasers and color lights, crank the volume to drown out the talkers and I'm good. Hope the fans that like this type of show enjoy it!
  • Options
    static111 said:
    And if you have kids, you might be able to send them to college with your savings! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    static111 said:
    And if you have kids, you might be able to send them to college with your savings! 
    Is it that expensive to go there and look at a screen while a band plays background music?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Is it that expensive to go there and look at a screen while a band plays background music?
    Ticket prices at 4 levels, all in with up-front fees:
    $140.00
    $267.00
    $400.00
    $500.00

And of course, there are some Platinum tickets, but they opted not to call them U2 Premium.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I am excited.  Seeing them 10/25.  I agree that the show could feel disjointed as the band is so small compared to the screens, but will have to hold my comments until after the show.  I’m 
  • Options
    Don’t forget that the sound is supposed to be too knotch too in this venue.
  • Options
    Don’t forget that the sound is supposed to be too knotch too in this venue.
    speakers in every seat! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I am excited.  Seeing them 10/25.  I agree that the show could feel disjointed as the band is so small compared to the screens, but will have to hold my comments until after the show.  I’m 
    I'm going 10/25 as well.
    Band should look fine to me, I'm in GA.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Looks wild! Isn’t the first time their stage set up dominates. I recall the PopMart tour and that deal made the band look super tiny
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    Poncier said:
    I'm going 10/25 as well.
    Band should look fine to me, I'm in GA.
    Looking forward to your review! 
  • Options
    Looks wild! Isn’t the first time their stage set up dominates. I recall the PopMart tour and that deal made the band look super tiny
    Goes back to the original ZooTV tour in 92/93, especially the outdoor shows. Indoor shows on 1st leg had the same trappings (video screen wall, Trabants hanging over the stage, satellite stage in middle of floor), but when they scaled it up for stadiums it was at the time the biggest spectacle ever on a rock tour. It was quite a change from their previous tours where the stage was pretty bare bones/minimal and it was strictly about the music.
    They along with Willie Williams (their stage designer) have been breaking new ground with each subsequent tour since.
    They were really the most logical act to open The Sphere.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Poncier said:
    Goes back to the original ZooTV tour in 92/93, especially the outdoor shows. Indoor shows on 1st leg had the same trappings (video screen wall, Trabants hanging over the stage, satellite stage in middle of floor), but when they scaled it up for stadiums it was at the time the biggest spectacle ever on a rock tour. It was quite a change from their previous tours where the stage was pretty bare bones/minimal and it was strictly about the music.
    They along with Willie Williams (their stage designer) have been breaking new ground with each subsequent tour since.
    They were really the most logical act to open The Sphere.
    well said!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    The videos I have watched are pretty incredible! For those going have a blast! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Ticket prices at 4 levels, all in with up-front fees:
    $140.00
    $267.00
    $400.00
    $500.00

And of course, there are some Platinum tickets, but they opted not to call them U2 Premium.

Honesty I wish PJ would price like this (maybe a little cheaper ;) )

always been a poor experience knowing the impossible to get best seats priced the same as those needing to duck air traffic.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    I would love to see them at this place. Wife and I talked about it but we have so much other stuff going on this fall/winter.

Videos look crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    My wife and I went to the show on Thursday and we’re still coming down from it. Absolutely mind blowing in every way. The venue and the imagery are stunning. And the band is on fire even without Larry.  If they extend the residency into next year we are going back for sure. Eddie Vedder was at our show too and it was fun watching him,Jill, and Javier Bardem dance up a storm. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,907
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    edited October 2023
    Just checked the setlist from last night.  3 out of the 4 songs in the acoustic set were switched out.  Still Haven't Found...., Pride, and MLK were played.  Nice to see there will be spots in the set that will change once in a while.   I also think that the encore will be tinkered with now and then. So many different directions they could go with it if they want to.
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    Just checked the setlist from last night.  3 out of the 4 songs in the acoustic set were switched out.  Still Haven't Found...., Pride, and MLK were played.  Nice to see there will be spots in the set that will change once in a while.   I also think that the encore will be tinkered with now and then. So many different directions they could go with it if they want to.
    I'm only seeing one show so I don't care if they switch it up, but I imagine it keeps it less repetitive for them.  Can't wait.  13 days to go.
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,657
    My buddy is flying to Vegas as we speak to see two shows. He is a die hard fan and is so excited.