Options

***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Just got back to hotel after the show tonight! I’ve seen probably 400-500 concerts and tonight’s U2 show is the best performance I’ve been lucky to have witnessed, I was filled with so much emotions thinking about my mother & my friends who are no longer in this life with me the sound the visuals were spectacular! I’m not going to forget tonight ever! 
    Love this!! Can’t wait for next month!
    Cool I hope you’ll enjoy it! 
    Thanks! Awesome photos!
  • Options
    went to 2 vegas shows and i have never ever heard sound like that. it was indescribable how clear u could hear each instrument/voice and ya with or without you, broke me down to tears. so emotional, majestic and downright beautiful.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    went to 2 vegas shows and i have never ever heard sound like that. it was indescribable how clear u could hear each instrument/voice and ya with or without you, broke me down to tears. so emotional, majestic and downright beautiful.
    You nailed it I looked around me and saw many eyes with tears I was having a hard time too trying to be manly only to succumb to my emotions! Like I said the performance I saw was the best by any band but that’s just my opinion. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    I caught the show last Saturday.  I have to admit that i welled up when they started Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. If the show doesn't trigger any emotions in you between the music and the visuals, i don't know what will.

Also.  If you're a U2 fan and can afford it, DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!  I've seen U2 about 35 times since 92, and while it's hard for me to rank shows.  I can safely say this will be the most unforgettable and unique concert experience you've ever had.

• Options
    Went Saturday night and completely agree - the Sphere is a game changer. Incredible show and experience. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244
    Went Saturday night and completely agree - the Sphere is a game changer. Incredible show and experience. 
    It is pretty cool when you think about it.   The majority of larger venues are built for sports, and live music, while generating revenue, runs behind that.    We have amphitheaters, but those are outdoors.    It's not often there's something with a 20k capacity built and designed for the live music experience.  It's pretty impressive.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    It is pretty cool when you think about it.   The majority of larger venues are built for sports, and live music, while generating revenue, runs behind that.    We have amphitheaters, but those are outdoors.    It's not often there's something with a 20k capacity built and designed for the live music experience.  It's pretty impressive.
    There’s no other setting for music you can compare the Sphere too! It’s stands alone at the top 
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    Can’t wait till I go to the Sphere in a week and a half. Might try to see Santana at the House of Blues too.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Looking for a last minute pair for 1/31 in Vegas. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    FUCK. I need to see this band in this venue. time is running out. my wife saw the prices of the tickets and was like "yeah, hard NO". I find out in a week how much my bonus is from work. *fingers crossed it's around $780 US* lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FUCK. I need to see this band in this venue. time is running out. my wife saw the prices of the tickets and was like "yeah, hard NO". I find out in a week how much my bonus is from work. *fingers crossed it's around $780 US* lol
    🤞🤞
  • Options
    It’s worth every cent 
  • Options

I think thats reseller prices, they might come down on day of show, but that's gambling when you pay for travel.

Our GA tickets for tonight were 275usd each.  

That could work too.  GA is fan2fan portal only, no profit, so could f5 like mad and try to get a pair :)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    They tend (or tended in 2023, tonight starts a whole new run which may be different) to drop some GAs on Ticketmaster on show day, but that would only benefit you if you were already in Vegas.
    The 2023 shows didn't have the resale thing on TM, 2024 the shows are loaded with them.
    8 days away for me. Can't wait,
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Tonight's show was so good.   So glad we went.  This was my 6th U2 show, but my first was the Popmart Tour.  Achtung Baby is one of my all time favourite albums and to get to see all if it live, so awesome.   There Sphere is a fantastic venue.   Not only the screens and visuals but the sound was amazing.  

Great night, so worth the $$, no regrets :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Can’t believe I’m going Wednesday!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    Any recommendations re: the Sphere from those that have attended U2 shows there? For example, while GA, in my opinion, is often the way to go to get the best closeup action, does being that close at this venue (kinda like being on the front row at a movie theatre) diminish the presentation of the overall experience? I'm going to try to score tix to see Dead & Company play there. Any recommendations on best seat locations, good nearby hotels, etc are much appreciated!!
  • Options
    We were on the floor, but we did not go in the line up for early entry.  We showed up at doors (6:30) and went in like plebs :)

We ended up on the Adam's side (Stone's side) of the stage about 10 to 12 people deep.  We had an amazing view of the stage, and amazing views of the big screen.  It looked amazing.

I think the only thing you can't see from being modestly close to the stage, is the stage itself had graphics and images displayed on it, which because the stage is elevated you can't see from the floor.

I looked back at videos, and while cool, I don't feel like not being able to see the images on the stage detracted from anything.  Being in the thick of of it, with the diehards is always the best place to be :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    We were on the floor, but we did not go in the line up for early entry.  We showed up at doors (6:30) and went in like plebs :)

We ended up on the Adam's side (Stone's side) of the stage about 10 to 12 people deep.  We had an amazing view of the stage, and amazing views of the big screen.  It looked amazing.

I think the only thing you can't see from being modestly close to the stage, is the stage itself had graphics and images displayed on it, which because the stage is elevated you can't see from the floor.

I looked back at videos, and while cool, I don't feel like not being able to see the images on the stage detracted from anything.  Being in the thick of of it, with the diehards is always the best place to be :)
    Yup, totally agree with this! Went last night & GA was incredible. It was the most amazing show ever & I don’t know how I attend any other concert again after witnessing that. Stunning. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    edited February 2
    Zod said:

Yup, totally agree with this! Went last night & GA was incredible. It was the most amazing show ever & I don’t know how I attend any other concert again after witnessing that. Stunning. 
    Good to know. Thanks for the helpful feedback  @Zod and @Celticskemba8 !
  • Options
    GA was amazing for the show I attended 
  • Options
    aw435aw435 Posts: 74
    My wife and I were in GA for one of the October shows.  We showed up after doors opened and were about halfway back in front of the stage.  The concert was great, but my wife is 5'4" tall and she had a hard time seeing the band on stage.  All of the people holding up their phones for almost the whole show didn't help with the view either.  The view of the screen was good though.

We stayed at the Downtown Grand Hotel near Freemont Street and drove to the Sphere.  We paid to park about a block to the east.  It was about a 15 minute drive and easy to exit after the show.  The Venetian is the closest hotel to the Sphere and it is very nice, but on the more expensive side.  The Mirage is across the strip from the Venetian.  It's not as nice, but it's still good, and less expensive.  We also like the New York New York and the Luxor. They would be a pretty far walk, but you could always take an Uber or a taxi.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Going tomorrow. Unfortunately have obstructed view seats.  I'm just excited to hear Auchtung Baby and 40% of the Sphere screen will be bonus.  
  • Options
    Going tomorrow. Unfortunately have obstructed view seats.  I'm just excited to hear Auchtung Baby and 40% of the Sphere screen will be bonus.  
    And just picked up a GA for face value on Ticketmaster for tonight.  Deux shows in a row!
  • Options
    And just picked up a GA for face value on Ticketmaster for tonight.  Deux shows in a row!
    Nice enjoy I wish I was going specially on a Saturday night 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    Gonna be in Vegas on the 23rd and 24th. Is StubHub my best bet to try and get a few tickets for these sphere shows?
  • Options
    Gonna be in Vegas on the 23rd and 24th. Is StubHub my best bet to try and get a few tickets for these sphere shows?
    I wasn’t paying too close attention, but there were GA tickets available for at least 10 minutes for face on Ticketmaster at 6pm day of show.    Get in, it is worth it even if spending more than you want.

Section 100 rows 20 and up have a decent chunk of screen blocked. I was in row 32.  Great view of band, but half the sphere is blocked out (not too big a deal as you can easily see the band on stage even if on the big screen you only see their lower body.  

U2 is the perfect band to start things off at the Sphere.
  • Options

• Options
    Just frigging incredible.
    What a show.
    GA is the way to go if you can, still get the full effect of the screens while feeling like you're seeing U2 in a small club playing one of the greatest albums ever created.