Options

***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Poncier said:
    Just frigging incredible.
    What a show.
    GA is the way to go if you can, still get the full effect of the screens while feeling like you're seeing U2 in a small club playing one of the greatest albums ever created.
    Yes GA is so good there glad you enjoyed it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    I love u2. That is all. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I love u2. That is all. 
    Me 2 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,316
    Poncier said:
    Just frigging incredible.
    What a show.
    GA is the way to go if you can, still get the full effect of the screens while feeling like you're seeing U2 in a small club playing one of the greatest albums ever created.
    Yah, during that main set that was all achtung baby, except for a few songs in the middle, that were a bside from the 90s, some joshua tree, and a crowded house cover.    To my brain it felt like I finally got to see the ZooTV (Achtung Baby) tour.   I didn't' get to start going to U2 shows until Popmart so I missed them touring my favourite U2 Album.   It took me right back to that place and felt like I was on that tour.

It was really the first time I'd gone a concert where a band played a classic album.   Not sure if it works with other bands, but Achtung Baby is one of my alltime favourites, so it was amazing.  I have no regrets that I spend several thousand dollars to travel to vegas, stay in vegas, and see a show.   Worth every penny :)
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 604
    I decided to use air miles and book literally a 20 hour trip from Vancouver to Vegas this Friday to see the show. I haven't seen setlists or anything other then of course I know Achtung Baby is played in full.
    When this was announced I swore I would go and now I am pretty excited. Just a little annoyed I bought on StubHub on Monday and today I saw some GA tickets released on Ticketmaster. So I lost about $100, but grand scheme that's not the end of the world.
    Glad to read a couple reviews above stating it is well worth the travel!

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    edited February 8
    chitty said:
    I decided to use air miles and book literally a 20 hour trip from Vancouver to Vegas this Friday to see the show. I haven't seen setlists or anything other then of course I know Achtung Baby is played in full.
    When this was announced I swore I would go and now I am pretty excited. Just a little annoyed I bought on StubHub on Monday and today I saw some GA tickets released on Ticketmaster. So I lost about $100, but grand scheme that's not the end of the world.

You won't regret the trip.
    Have a blast.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Worth every penny! All time experience!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    wow, GA for $249 for tonight. jeeezus I wish I could go to this
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    And a bunch of good seats for face including some in front row of lowest section.
    Oh to be in Vegas right now.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    chitty said:

You won't regret the trip.
    Have a blast.
    Thank you. 
  • Options
    Hoping for the same in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I think it's because Vegas is flooded with people going to the superbowl.  Seems those people aren't buying the u2 tickets (and scared away all the U2 fans).   It was crazy seeing all the facebook posts about the prices dropping so much.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I think it's because Vegas is flooded with people going to the superbowl.  Seems those people aren't buying the u2 tickets (and scared away all the U2 fans).   It was crazy seeing all the facebook posts about the prices dropping so much.
    Yeah when the 2024 dates were announced I was surprised they were even playing this weekend, and immediately ruled it out in my options for buying tix through the fan club as other costs (flights, hotels) would have been prohibitive.
    Just surprised with what you'd assume is a very large influx of visitors to Vegas this weekend, there's not a lot of folks who would want to see the show as part of their weekend entertainment.
  • Options
    I was in vegas for a total of 17 hours, but I am so glad I did it and saw the show. Well worth it. Would like to go again....
  • Options
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/u2s-sphere-residency-numbers-stats/
    Damn impressive numbers and tonight is closing night! Would’ve loved to have been there for this show, I’m glad I caught one of them it was the best concert experience bar none as far as I’m concerned. 
  • Options
    Larry Mullen Jr in the house last night!!!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I read that I don’t think he will sit behind kit though I’m sure he’s got to much class to do that to the fill in drummer! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I read that I don’t think he will sit behind kit though I’m sure he’s got to much class to do that to the fill in drummer! 
    Just had ankle surgery so he definitely won’t be behind the kit lol. They better close the tour properly with “40”
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Just had ankle surgery so he definitely won’t be behind the kit lol. They better close the tour properly with “40”
    I’d probably faint if I was there and they started playing this! We would walk out of shows singing this song back in the day 😎
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d probably faint if I was there and they started playing this! We would walk out of shows singing this song back in the day 😎
    It’s their ultimate closer. It should be in every set imo. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right on Q 
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-one-daniel-lanois-40-final-sphere-concert-1234979706/amp/
    plus it was their anniversary of 40 years as a band! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right on Q 
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-one-daniel-lanois-40-final-sphere-concert-1234979706/amp/
    That’s the only way to close out a tour. It should be played every night but better late than never!!! 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    What a run.  Glad I could experience two of the shows. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right on Q 
    That’s the only way to close out a tour. It should be played every night but better late than never!!! 
    What a run.  Glad I could experience two of the shows. 
    It’s kind of weird but I was thinking how do they do another tour and top this and I figured it can’t be done! And I’m not sure I could enjoy it as much if not in that setting that’s how special the sphere is, no arena or stadium can match it!
    I wish I could have done more than one show heck I probably could have done one a week if I had the funds man what a run indeed! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right on Q 
    They've been a band longer than 40 years. Formed in 1976 as schoolmates, 1st album released in 1980.
    It was the 40th and final show at Sphere.

Loved the visuals during 40 with screen changing colors. Should have closed every show that way.
    So glad i got to see them at Sphere. What an incredible concert.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right on Q 
    They've been a band longer than 40 years. Formed in 1976 as schoolmates, 1st album released in 1980.
    It was the 40th and final show at Sphere.

Loved the visuals during 40 with screen changing colors. Should have closed every show that way.
    So glad i got to see them at Sphere. What an incredible concert.
    Oh ok I misread it! You can tell they really get along great, I believe I saw them on a college circuit tour in 81 just not positive but def saw them in 83 when WAR exploded.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Wish I was in the space of life where I could have seen them there! My one and only time in 1997 will just have to do! LOL! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    It's been a month and week since I saw a show at the Sphere. I still can't shake it.   I've been listening to so much U2 since then. The concert seems to have had an insanely big impact on me.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    It's been a month and week since I saw a lot show at the Sphere. I still can't shake it.   I've been listening to so much U2 since then. The concert seems to have had an insanely big impact on me.
    I saw them in December and I’m still smiling at how good it really was and my wife who’s not into music like me still says she’d do it again in a minute!