Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    g under p said:

It's been out since LAST March. I have it.,...it's really cool.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited January 2014
    Opps I'm way late, I heard about this last night on our local rock station here in Florida. I gather down here we fall behind the rest of the country.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Ok, I've understood the hatred for a lot of songs: Dog Years, Rivendell, Tai Shan, etc etc. but one song I always see slammed and I don't get it: Face Up. What's your take?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    I'm not too happy the boys let fucking WalMart use "Working Man" X(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Meh. I'm over the whole Rush/integrity thing. This isn't the first Rush song to be used in a commercial.

I just find it amusing that it's a commercial touting American-made products.
  • Options
    IF and I say IF RUSH does a R40 Tour what would like their set list to be....have some fun with it...

The Camera Eye
    Freewill
    Show Don't Tell
    Roll the Bones
    Ghost of a Chance
    Mystic Rhythms
    Clockwork Angels
    The Anarchist
    Open Secrets
    Turn the Page
    Animate
    Mission
    Emotion Detector
    Prime Mover
    ---
    ---
    Cygnus X-1 Book II (Intro)
    Red Barchetta
    Bravado
    Distant Early Warning
    Territories
    The Weapon
    Drum Solo
    Red Sector A
    Leave that Thing Alone
    Workin' Them Angels
    The Garden
    Closer to the Heart
    Xanadu (Complete)

---Encore ---
    YYZ
    The Spirit of Radio
    Tom Sawyer

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I have some bucket list songs I'd like to see:

Jacob's Ladder
    A Farewell To Kings
    Cut To The Chase
    Turn The Page
    The Weapon
    Cygnus/Hemispheres (a guy can dream)
    The Necromancer (a guy can REALLY dream, right???)
    Something For Nothing
    Making Memories
  • Options

Geddy Lee is ranked as number 1 on Top 10 Rock bassists!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjQmgNxtYw

Finally people see him as number 1! :)

Neil Peart is only ranked as number 3 on Top 10 Rock Drummers. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMgjKYyVW8

And Alex Lifeson is not even on the Top 10 guitar-players......

Peace

• Options

• Options
    Chemistry was a tune I always thought was awesome... but nobody else in my clump of friends thought as much of. Their very first album features some classics: Need Some Love would be awesome.

If they did a R40 tour... how could they leave Overture into The Temples of Syrinx off their setlist?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'd dig a Chemistry bust out!
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

I'd dig a Chemistry bust out!

Then here's to you and I, Binfrog!
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I wasn't aware there were people who hated Rush. Because if they are, I never met them.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options

I wasn't aware there were people who hated Rush. Because if they are, I never met them.

I've met several of them.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

Through the years I've met many of the haters and that's their right to dislike the band. However, amongst all the haters they do respect the fact that they can play their intruments better most other bands. Most just can't get past Geddy's voice, oddly that's the first thing that drew me to the band in the mid 70's.

My first of now 49 concerts the Grace Under Pressure Tour I was I disbelief that these three guys could produce so much sound and music so clearly and pricisely. They're just very good at what they do.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

BinFrog said:

Through the years I've met many of the haters and that's their right to dislike the band. However, amongst all the haters they do respect the fact that they can play their intruments better most other bands. Most just can't get past Geddy's voice, oddly that's the first thing that drew me to the band in the mid 70's.

My first of now 49 concerts the Grace Under Pressure Tour I was I disbelief that these three guys could produce so much sound and music so clearly and pricisely. They're just very good at what they do.

Peace

Awesome. I'm at 20 going back to RTB.

Met a guy at the Boston show 2 years ago who was at something like his 225th show going back to 1975. Absurd.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

g under p said:

BinFrog said:

Peace

Awesome. I'm at 20 going back to RTB.

Met a guy at the Boston show 2 years ago who was at something like his 225th show going back to 1975. Absurd.
    Say what! OMG, I bet you that's the ONLY band he's attended all those years. I mean I love RUSH and I've been to hundreds of concert mostly free but man you got to be a little nutty to go see one band that many times.

Peace

• Options
    dude had the denim jacket and patches to match his obsession ;)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    BinFrog said:

Yeah, I'm the only one I know that likes them. And yep, Geddy is always the reason no one else does. But I've gone the route of correcting people when they say "Rush sucks, that lead singer can't sing worth a crap!" Uh, yes, he can sing really fucking well, it's just the sound of his voice you don't like.

Funny how my two favorite bands - the main reason why others say they don't like them is the lead singer.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I tend to only see one Rush show per tour since they don't change the setlist (with the exception of the 1 or 2 songs they switch out every few nights). They were the first band I ever saw live, on the T4E tour. And although I've seen Pearl Jam more times overall, I've seen Rush on more tours. (PJ 10 shows, 5 tours. Rush 7 shows, 6 tours).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Check out this 7 year old drummer Avery Drummer....especially @ the 2:20 mark he starts to get into playing and having some fun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_x_vrSZBM

Here's AD as a six year old...at the 5:05 mark commenting on Justin Beiber priceless expression....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPt4F2vaZ54

Peace

• Options
    Avery playing YYZ.....

http://youtu.be/jruU4ctnX70

Peace

• Options
    I've been watching some other videos of this kid and he must practice hours on end to be this good.

Peace

• Options
    Hahahahaha.

He's a phenom!

He's 'ready' for all the screaming girls.

He doesn't like Justin Bieber all that much.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This Clockwork Angels World Tour was a technical masterpiece of which I saw several times in two states....oh the memories. I hope they can tour again soon....

http://youtu.be/JVkb7ulSnjA

on Jun 19, 2014Rush Clockwork Angels Tour Dallas TX USA
    1. Subdivisions
    2. The Big Money
    3. Force Ten
    4. Grand Designs
    5. The Body Electric
    6. Territories
    7. The Analog Kid
    8. Bravado
    9. Where's My Thing?
    (with short drum solo A)
    10. Far Cry
    Set Two with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble
    11. Caravan
    12. Clockwork Angels
    13. The Anarchist
    14. Carnies
    15. The Wreckers
    16. Headlong Flight
    (with short drum solo B)
    17. Halo Effect
    (with guitar solo intro)
    18. Seven Cities of Gold
    19. Wish Them Well
    20. The Garden
    21. Dreamline
    22. Drum Solo
    (The Percussor)
    23. Red Sector A
    24. YYZ
    25. The Spirit of Radio
    (without strings)
    Encore:
    26. Tom Sawyer
    27. 2112 Part I: Overture
    28. 2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
    29. 2112 Part VII: Grand Finale

Peace

• Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924

If you choose not to decide if you LOVE or DESPISE the band Rush...

You still have made a choice

Rush Refference!
  • Options
    Who Dosnt like Rush?! That makes zero sense!
  • Options
    Treyert14 said:

MANY people do not like Rush. I encounter it all the time.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

Treyert14 said:

Which absolutely the truth...many don't like them. The #1 reason guess....Geddy's voice which oddly was the thing that drew me to the band back in the 70's. its never their musicianship they can certainly their instruments well better than most other bands.....always on time, orderly, best lighting and one of the best bands to hear live.

Peace

• Options
    BinFrog said:

Treyert14 said:

I'm not saying you don't. But idk I have never encountered it. I don't really see how anybody could not like rush. Lol