Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    lukin2006 wrote: »
    Not their final tour ... from what I read its their final massive tour.

I think they will end up being one in the same.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited January 2015
    i just bought tickets to the 40th anniversary tour
    im fucking pumped.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTz2TDr79eI

That's first time I've seem that in its complete format I gather. Lol that was hilarious certainly adult rated.

845.f.jpg

I'm calmly excited about this tour and what it'll turn out to be. These off album tours to me always seem to be more fun in that they seem to change up things so much than when they follow album tours. They also will try to squeeze in so much more to cover all these years of making music and touring. I wonder what NP drum kit will look like this time, the R30 one was thing of beauty which is in his pocession retired and in storage now.

ee94a8961ef2ddc4edce2d8b8a9478af.jpg

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Watching Dave and Taylor's induction of Rush into the HOF gives me goosebumps every time. This time it brought tars to my eyes.
    As a Canadian, I am so proud of these guys. Their story is amazing. Of course they are musicians and write incredible songs and play incredible shows, but most of all, they are just great people who love what they do.
    They love and respect their fans... and I cannot wait to see them on July 15th in Calgary from row 16..dead center.
    Due to a myriad of reasons I have never seen the band which would be my favorite if PJ did not exist..and if this was the last chance I had I was not going to be in the nosebleeds. Cost me $400 in presale... But it is only money. This will be an experience!

You either love them or you hate them, but their influence on modern music is undeniable.
  • Options
    Watching Dave and Taylor's induction of Rush into the HOF gives me goosebumps every time. This time it brought tars to my eyes.
    As a Canadian, I am so proud of these guys. Their story is amazing. Of course they are musicians and write incredible songs and play incredible shows, but most of all, they are just great people who love what they do.
    They love and respect their fans... and I cannot wait to see them on July 15th in Calgary from row 16..dead center.
    Due to a myriad of reasons I have never seen the band which would be my favorite if PJ did not exist..and if this was the last chance I had I was not going to be in the nosebleeds. Cost me $400 in presale... But it is only money. This will be an experience!

You either love them or you hate them, but their influence on modern music is undeniable.

That's awesome to hear your words. I'm going for 4 shows starting in Tampa, they are not playing ant further south in Florida. Tampa will be my 50th and if this is their last tour that's a shame cause they have tons of young fans listening to their music.....

http://youtu.be/IAs40aLwmow

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited February 2015
    g under p wrote: »
    Something that I always wondered about Neil Peart and his tour drum kits. I wanted to know what did he do with these kits after each tour. Well something I never knew was that on many of the tours he used the same kit for several tours, he would just change the colors or a piece or two for each tour. I always thought he used a completely new kit but that's not the case and what did he do with those kits when he no longer used them on tour.

Here's a history of those kits....
    The Drums Of Neil Peart: A History

img25.jpg

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/drums/drumkits/drums_history.htm

I can just imagine the joy some of those guys felt who won NP's tour drum kits. If it was me I'd lose my mind for sure.

Peace

Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/01/27/4229/Neil-Peart-discusses-his-R40-drum-kit-in-new-video-interview

dw_neil_peart_r40_drum_kit_namm2015_1024x1024.jpg?3399
    Peace

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Neil Peart talks R40 setlist and more in new Sirius XM interview

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/02/04/4242/Neil-Peart-talks-R40-setlist-and-more-in-new-Sirius-XM-interview

Neil Peart drum tech Lorne Wheaton on the new R40 kit in video interview from NAMM

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/02/03/4239/Neil-Peart-drum-tech-Lorne-Wheaton-on-the-new-R40-kit-in-video-interview-from-NAMM

So from this one see they will be certain songs that will not be played.

Peace

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Just got tickets.....after FOUR presales :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    got tickets for the L.A. show........they are charging quite a bit for tickets....first row upper level seats were $120 each!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    My first Rush show! Four tickets for The Palace at Auburn Hills, Michigan.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote: »
    got tickets for the L.A. show........they are charging quite a bit for tickets....first row upper level seats were $120 each!

those can be sweet seats tho. where? Staples?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »

The Forum

• Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Got floor seats for Montreal! $154 pre-sale.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options

The Forum

shit....I thought they tore that place down.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The Forum

shit....I thought they tore that place down.

nope....the same company that runs MSG bought the building, remodeled it, and it has become the leading arena-size venue in L.A. for the most part.

• Options
    i dunno but the term "rush heads' doesn't work for me at all....
  • Options
    edited March 2015

WOW! Geddy with that much wine live to be 100 easy. Maybe the wine help saves his voice.

Peace

• Options
    edited March 2015
    g under p said:

WOW! Geddy with that much wine live to be 100 easy. Maybe the wine help saves his voice.

Peace

http://www.guitaraficionado.com/grapes-under-pressure-rushs-geddy-lee-and-alex-lifeson-talk-wine.html

GRAPES UNDER PRESSURE: RUSH'S GEDDY LEE AND ALEX LIFESON TALK WINE

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson recall in vivid detail the night of November 12, 1974, when a bottle of wine changed their lives. While Rush were on tour opening shows for Rory Gallagher, promoter Randy McElrath invited the up-and-coming band out to dinner at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. During the meal, McElrath ordered bottles of Château Margaux and Château Latour Bordeaux and shared them with Lee and Lifeson. Instantly, he turned them into wine connoisseurs.

“It was the first time we had wine of that caliber,” Lee recalls. “We both were stunned by the wine’s texture, complexity, and flavors.”

“I was amazed how the wine developed in the glass over the course of the meal,” Lifeson adds. “There were so many layers and nuances. After I got home from the tour I bought whatever good wines I could afford.”

Lee became a serious collector about 10 years after Lifeson did, and their shared passion for wine has helped the pair maintain a strong, lasting friendship, one that goes back to their childhoods. Though they’ve enjoyed many experiences during their time in one of the world’s most successful bands, the ones they treasure most involve memorable bottles of wine savored during their travel adventures and on each other’s birthday.

- See more at: http://www.guitaraficionado.com/grapes-under-pressure-rushs-geddy-lee-and-alex-lifeson-talk-wine.html#sthash.DI3fBx1S.dpuf

• Options

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Rush 2112 (reissue 2015)

spinning with hologram, taking a page from Jack White.

Sounds great!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Sweet! My hologram edition won't arrive til next month. I pre-ordered it on Amazon along with the Singles blu-ray to get free shipping. Which means they wait til both items are released & ship them together.
  • Options
    Two days to the start of the 40th anniversary tour begins I cannot wait to see them. The next one will be 50th show, it doesn't get any better than that.

Peace

• Options
    Less than a month away at Nationwide! Glad to be headed back to Columbus & even more glad to see Rush!! If there is one band I get just as amped to see live as I do PJ, it's this trifecta of canucks!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Less than a month away at Nationwide! Glad to be headed back to Columbus & even more glad to see Rush!! If there is one band I get just as amped to see live as I do PJ, it's this trifecta of canucks!

You're coming to Columbus??
    Give me a shout if you have time to grab a brew before the show buddy!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

You're coming to Columbus??
    Give me a shout if you have time to grab a brew before the show buddy!!!
    I certainly will! Not sure where we'll be staying yet but I'll definitely be pre-gaming in the arena district.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    My favorite non US American classic rock band ever and have been listening since 2008. I'm on the official site forums as invisible airwave.
  • Options
    What the hell can I buy on Amazon for $1 or less so I can get free shipping on the ReDISCovered box set?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

What the hell can I buy on Amazon for $1 or less so I can get free shipping on the ReDISCovered box set?

Do you need screen protectors for your phone??
    That's what I always throw in my orders to get the free shipping!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I got a 2-pk of Sharpies for $1.97. Can always use them at work. :tongue:
  • Options