Comments

• Options
    Randall's Island, 29/09/1996

Civic Theatre, Augusta 26/09/1996

North Charleston Coliseum, Charleston 05/10/1996

1996-11-22 Anoeta Velodrome, San Sebastian, Spain

1996-09-22 John F. Savage Hall, Toledo, OH, USA

1996-09-24 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD, USA

so far those are the stand out Habits for me, I'm going to have another check in a bit - I need to look into this more, don't want to do it half heartedly

edit: added 2 more

I feel like all of those are cool, so you guys can listen and pick your favourite, or I can whittle it down even more.
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

so far those are the stand out Habits for me, I'm going to have another check in a bit - I need to look into this more, don't want to do it half heartedly

I feel like all of those are cool, so you guys can listen and pick your favourite, or I can whittle it down even more.

I will, in a minute (put you out of your Habit misery :lol: ).

I'm just trying to figure out where we are at now. :crazy:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    I have noticed that all of you have been listening to the "rough draft' via streaming. This is alright with me, but let me know what changes need to be made to the current 'rough draft' tracklist on the front page before I edit it and piece it together.

Give me a rundown of songs you want changed and I will update the frontpage.

I downloaded the whole thing from Pjbootlegs.org

I think the main suggestion so far is to switch Hail Hail from Seattle to Hamburg.

Am I right?

And change Habit. And the whole (or maybe not, or maybe so) bonus section.

We're keeping the current In my tree, right ? And Who you are ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    I have noticed that all of you have been listening to the "rough draft' via streaming. This is alright with me, but let me know what changes need to be made to the current 'rough draft' tracklist on the front page before I edit it and piece it together.

Give me a rundown of songs you want changed and I will update the frontpage.

I downloaded the whole thing from Pjbootlegs.org

I think the main suggestion so far is to switch Hail Hail from Seattle to Hamburg.

Am I right?

And change Habit. And the whole (or maybe not, or maybe so) bonus section.

We're keeping the current In my tree, right ? And Who you are ?

yes I think so :D

Habit needs to get changed

Bonus section - :( I like all of what we have so far, I still can't find anything else to add. We may just have to settle for what we've got but like tremors suggested, change the order of them.
  • Options
    I have noticed that all of you have been listening to the "rough draft' via streaming.

I'm not, I'm basically relying on the feedback. :?
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I vote Toledo :thumbup:
    'so you guys have class tomorrow ? I don't' :lol::lol:

Edit : Columbia as a runner up.
    Post edited by myra on
  • Options
    bonus section :
    someone suggested using stuff from Eddie's solo gig in Rome

I haven't listened to this one, familiar with it but never got round to listen so i don't have an opinion on it other than it's just Eddie and not the whole band
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I vote Toledo :thumbup:
    'so you guys have class tomorrow ? I don't' :lol::lol:

Edit : Columbia as a runner up.

good choices - not sure if I completely agree as of yet - need to listen again because I really liked the Randall's Island one and the Civic theatre one
    so i'll have another listen
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    bonus section :

I haven't listened to this one, familiar with it but never got round to listen so i don't have an opinion on it other than it's just Eddie and not the whole band

We don't want to be sharing EV solo stuff - it goes against the band's policy
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    bonus section :

:shock: E.V. ? Solo ?!

Don't know if that's ok. I mean EV solo generally isn't. But that's something else. I guess. Or isn't it ? I don't know if it's ok or not.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    bonus section :

oh shoot, yeah I forgot :oops: well that's out - sorry to whoever suggested it

What are we going to do about this bonus section?
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    bonus section :

Well, you know, it's not like a solo tour or anything. Hence why I don't know whether it's ok or not really.
  • Options
    I'm going to bed in a minute - but my thoughts for the ROugh Draft which Cameron4President is pulling together are:

We switch Hail Hail Seattle to Hamburg
    We switch Habit to whatever electricxlovex and myra settle on

We leave the bonus section as it is for now, and come back to it

How does that sound?

• Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    bonus section :

Well, you know, it's not like a solo tour or anything. Hence why I don't know whether it's ok or not really.

I'm not sure it makes any difference - Eddie has said he doesn't want his solo stuff recorded. Anyway, that's my understanding. Pj have a pretty open taping and sharing policy, that's quite unusual - so we are on safe ground sticking with that

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    I'm going to bed in a minute - but my thoughts for the ROugh Draft which Cameron4President is pulling together are:

How does that sound?

Yeah, let's do that for now.
    E.L., you get the final vote on Habit.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

How does that sound?

Sounds good :thumbup:

I've yet to decide on the best Habit, myra liked two really good ones but I'm still a bit unsure
    Yeah, It looks as though we are going to have to leave the bonus section as it is and see if we can add anything later on.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

How does that sound?

I've yet to decide on the best Habit, myra liked two really good ones but I'm still a bit unsure
    Yeah, It looks as though we are going to have to leave the bonus section as it is and see if we can add anything later on.

Re : Habit --> you go for it E.L. Habit has got to be one of the very few songs I like the studio release of way more than the live rendition.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

How does that sound?

Re : Habit --> you go for it E.L. Habit has got to be one of the very few songs I like the studio release of way more than the live rendition.

Cool - see you all tomorrow. Some of us have class in the morning ;)

• Options
    Speaking as someone who has recently received a firm but fair email from the 10C regarding Eddie's solo works, it is definitely not wise to include his solo works. We will not be using the material of his from 1996 on this project.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

How does that sound?

Really? I think it's great live, the outro's tend to be so much more energetic and intense live than on the studio album. The energy is manic, it's great live.

I'm stuck between three ... which sucks because I love them all so much (Like you and SoLaT ;) :roll: I can't choose!

Randall's Island, Toledo or North Charleston -
    Randall's Island is just so fun, energetic and intense. It ends really fiercely and the whole "speaking as a child of a child" part is great
    Toledo - better SQ, still as fierce - the outro (possibly because it's clearer) is killer! it's so intense, raw. Love it
    North Charleston - again great SQ, outro isn't as clear or fierce IMO

okay so that leaves Randall's Island and Toledo
    I'll go with

Toledo - because it is better SQ and we BOTH agree on it :) So yeah

Habit from Toledo please :)
  • Options
    Speaking as someone who has recently received a firm but fair email from the 10C regarding Eddie's solo works, it is definitely not wise to include his solo works. We will not be using the material of his from 1996 on this project.

:lol: i like what you did there

but being serious - yes we will steer clear of it. Completely understand and respect 10c and Eddie's wish for his solo work
  • Options

Really? I think it's great live, the outro's tend to be so much more energetic and intense live than on the studio album. The energy is manic, it's great live.

I'm stuck between three ... which sucks because I love them all so much (Like you and SoLaT ;) :roll: I can't choose!

Randall's Island, Toledo or North Charleston -
    Randall's Island is just so fun, energetic and intense. It ends really fiercely and the whole "speaking as a child of a child" part is great
    Toledo - better SQ, still as fierce - the outro (possibly because it's clearer) is killer! it's so intense, raw. Love it
    North Charleston - again great SQ, outro isn't as clear or fierce IMO

okay so that leaves Randall's Island and Toledo
    I'll go with

Toledo - because it is better SQ and we BOTH agree on it :) So yeah

Habit from Toledo please :)

:thumbup:
    And can we keep the ending, too ? Not the whole thing but, like, a good chunk of it ? :)
  • Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    I thought this thread was done and dusted at around 4 pages!
    Now I see we've jumped to 8! I'm really picky, but you guys are something else!!!

glad about the Hail, Hail choice being changed and much prefer the new choice.

Habit from Toledo is probably the best of what's available.

So it was worth all of your debating.

As for the small amount of bonus offerings etc.... Is (new) Jeremy from Randall's Island a horrible suggestion? It was the last time it was played, and it hasn't appeared on any of the other projects thus far
  • Options
    Mankind...

how about another kind?
    I'm a bit unsure about the one we have - Just been listening to the Randall's Island boot (possibly my favourite 96 show)
    and that one sounds fresher and better to my ears

eeeee, i don't want to be a pain in the ass, we can just leave it til after the rough draft and then see
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:
    Now I see we've jumped to 8! I'm really picky, but you guys are something else!!!

As for the small amount of bonus offerings etc.... Is (new) Jeremy from Randall's Island a horrible suggestion? It was the last time it was played, and it hasn't appeared on any of the other projects thus far

yes
    myra definitely gets OCD about these things :lol:
    joking of course, we all are a bit fussy

I am currently listening to the Randall's Island boot - fast becoming my favourite from 96. Simply great
    I, personally, am not too sure about using Jeremy. While the new version is definitely cool and different, I just don't know about the whole mood of it and how it would blend with No Code and the other bonus tracks we have selected - the improvs and Leaving Here.
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:

yes
    myra definitely gets OCD about these things :lol:
    joking of course, we all are a bit fussy

I am currently listening to the Randall's Island boot - fast becoming my favourite from 96. Simply great
    I, personally, am not too sure about using Jeremy. While the new version is definitely cool and different, I just don't know about the whole mood of it and how it would blend with No Code and the other bonus tracks we have selected - the improvs and Leaving Here.

:lol::lol:
    Jeremy ... now that's a song I sure won't get OCD over.
    Yet this version is quite cool. But not exactly relevant to No Code, is it ?
  • Options
    Project #10 - "Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live" **Rough Draft**

Track List:

Sometimes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996)
    Hail, Hail - Hamburg, Germany (November 4, 1996)
    Who You Are - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    In My Tree - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    Smile - Hamburg, Germany (November 4, 1996)
    Off He Goes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996)
    Habit - Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996)
    Red Mosquito - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
    Lukin - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    Present Tense - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
    Mankind - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    I'm Open - Barcelona, Spain (November 21, 1996)
    Around The Bend - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 20, 1996)
    Improv - Charleston, South Carolina (October 5, 1996)
    Roadhouse Blues Improv - Paris, France (November 7, 1996)
    Leaving Here - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
  • Options
    Project #10 - "Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live" **Rough Draft**

Track List:

Initial thoughts of the first draft are this:

-Smile needs to exit stage left 8-)

-Maybe we (I) should consider using Hail, Hail from Letterman. I know that a few of you suggested that and I said "let's try another version', but I was wrong and I miss the Letterman version :cry:

-I am in the minority on this, but I am not too disappointed with the 'bonus' section. I actually like it a lot It is what it is. I am not in favor of going outside of 1996 to solve the 'bonus' section situation. I think that we should see what works in '96 and if that doesn't have any good options then we could just go with one or two bonus tracks.

-One idea for a 'bonus' could be the Jack Irons intro.
  • Options
    Downloading it now :thumbup:

Smile - Last night when I was listening to it again, I thought that too. I had a quick listen to some other available versions - nothing popped out that was better, perhaps one or two other versions that weren't quite as brash on the ears so we should definitely have a listen and see if we can change it.
  • Options

Track List:

Initial thoughts of the first draft are this:

-Smile needs to exit stage left 8-)

-Maybe we (I) should consider using Hail, Hail from Letterman. I know that a few of you suggested that and I said "let's try another version', but I was wrong and I miss the Letterman version :cry:

-I am in the minority on this, but I am not too disappointed with the 'bonus' section. I actually like it a lot It is what it is. I am not in favor of going outside of 1996 to solve the 'bonus' section situation. I think that we should see what works in '96 and if that doesn't have any good options then we could just go with one or two bonus tracks.

-One idea for a 'bonus' could be the Jack Irons intro.

We all agree on Smile. It needs to go. I seem to recall there were a few decent alternatives out there. I'll have a look tonight when I'm home.

Hail hail ? Really ? :(