Options

Project #10 - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

123457»

Comments

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    How does Randall's Island not get one song? Interesting.

Off the top of my head, it was considered using it at least for two songs. But they didn't make the cut eventually. That's just how it turned out. Nothing against Randall's Island ! There's a lot of Hartford in there because it has the best SQ.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    myra wrote:
    How does Randall's Island not get one song? Interesting.

Off the top of my head, it was considered using it at least for two songs. But they didn't make the cut eventually. That's just how it turned out. Nothing against Randall's Island ! There's a lot of Hartford in there because it has the best SQ.

Gotcha
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    Me thinks this should get a second disc (like TEN) with the album using songs from recent tours!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    After a couple run-throughs, I'm really liking this version 1 and don't think it needs to / can be changed.

- The SQ's dropping a bit after the two tracks from Bridge school, but that's because the Bridge school SQ is too good ...
    - This Smile is working much much better than the previous one. I'm quite surprised though, it didn't sound that way when I listened to it alongside the other Smiles. What happened ? :?
    - This In my tree works better for me too. I didn't think of changing it in the first place, but that was definitely a good call ! The feeling's just right now.

Finally got round to listening to the bonus section. I must admit I stayed clear of it for a while :oops:
    Obviously, I wish they hadn't stop right in the middle of Roadhouse Blues (why ? Oh why ? :( Blame it on the band :x ), and the improv' we've got is not the best we've ever had through all the projects, but it's not working too bad after Around the Bend. And we got lucky there, because that's more or less all there is. And, knowing that (or having resigned myself to it), I'm enjoying it a bit more now.

I'm liking this fast-paced Leavin' here ! Great closer 8-)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    - This Smile is working much much better than the previous one. I'm quite surprised though, it didn't sound that way when I listened to it alongside the other Smiles. What happened ? :?

I sprinkled pixie dust on it last night. :lol:
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Witchcraft :x I didn't know we were allowed it !! That's not in the parameters !!!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    myra wrote:

Witchcraft :x I didn't know we were allowed it !! That's not in the parameters !!!

:mrgreen:

Only on special occasions ;)
  • Options
    I know that Myra and myself are pretty satisfied with this. I think that Dazzler is too. Tremors, EL, and State: What do you think? Do we need to make anymore changes? Is it ready for release? Thoughts?

Project #10 - "Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live" **Version 1**

Track List:

Sometimes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996)
    Hail, Hail - Hamburg, Germany (November 4, 1996)
    Who You Are - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    In My Tree - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
    Smile - London, England (October 29, 1996)
    Off He Goes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996)
    Habit - Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996)
    Red Mosquito - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
    Lukin - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    Present Tense - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
    Mankind - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996)
    I'm Open - Barcelona, Spain (November 21, 1996)
    Around The Bend - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 20, 1996)
    Improv - Charleston, South Carolina (October 5, 1996)
    Roadhouse Blues Improv - Paris, France (November 7, 1996)
    Leaving Here - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I know that Myra and myself are pretty satisfied with this. I think that Dazzler is too. Tremors, EL, and State: What do you think? Do we need to make anymore changes? Is it ready for release? Thoughts?

Project #10 - "Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live" **Version 1**

Track List:

I'm happy with it. I was pretty happy with it, but I'm happier that you guys are very happy with it! It's a good sign!

We probably can't do any better with the source material - and it is a great listen - so, yeah - take it to the release stage.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Right. I've listened to it twice now and all I can say is...

YAY! :D

This one, in my opinion, turned out so well. Honestly, I have found it one of the hardest ones I've been a part of yet - Possibly because I've felt more involved with this one.

I love it! Listened to it once and then had to put it on straight away again, I honestly love it.

Sometimes & Hail Hail - perfect choices, sweet version of Sometimes followed by a very fiery version of Hail Hail.

Who You Are - the version we have has made me appreciate the song SOOOO much more. I never used to listen to it that regularly, for reasons unknown to myself. But I love it - Eddie's voice and the emotion of the song.

In My Tree
    - So glad we changed it! I honestly love the one we have - wasn't too sure even after we picked Hartford but it's effin' killer! :D One of my favourite songs ever, a superb version that really shines I think. Changing this and Smile made a HUUUUUGE difference I think - lifted the mood, more energetic and passionate now. I love love love it.

Smile - This one works soooooooo much better as well - good call on changing it :thumbup: Love it. Fits so much better, the mood is pretty cool. Very nice.

Off He Goes
    - Perfect. I love this version.

Habit - I was happy as soon as we picked Toledo and it didn't disappoint,. I love it. Great great version

Red Mosquito
    - very fierce track. Has made me appreciate the song a whole lot more - the guitar is crazy! I love this one :D

Lukin - love it- again a great performance. Very intense

Present Tense - was a perfect choice right from the beginning.

Mankind - Sounds a lot clearer and much better - really enjoyed listening to this one :D I feel like it sounds different to the version on the rough draft - sounds a whole lot better so thanks Dan for whatever you did :thumbup:

I'm Open - I love this - Sounds much better now that the volume is higher. It's a very atmospheric, emotional version I think. Sounds pretty magical and beautiful.

Around The Bend
    - beautiful. It melt my heart, very emotional and sweet. Such a great song,. I love the little thing about putting the kids to sleep, very cute.

Bonus tracks: Perfect.

I have really started to love the bonus section - I like the improv, full of emotion and passion, raw.
    Roadhouse Blues & Leaving Here - have had them on repeat, love those two songs. Both so fiery and work so well together

Sorry for the long post - Just wanted to say how much I love it. Great outcome - especially for what we had to choose from, I think we've all done a great job. Love it :) Thanks again everyone for doing and being a part of this :D
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    I'm happy with it. I was pretty happy with it, but I'm happier that you guys are very happy with it! It's a good sign!

:)
    It is.
  • Options

This one, in my opinion, turned out so well. Honestly, I have found it one of the hardest ones I've been a part of yet - Possibly because I've felt more involved with this one.

I love it! Listened to it once and then had to put it on straight away again, I honestly love it.

Sometimes & Hail Hail - perfect choices, sweet version of Sometimes followed by a very fiery version of Hail Hail.

Who You Are - the version we have has made me appreciate the song SOOOO much more. I never used to listen to it that regularly, for reasons unknown to myself. But I love it - Eddie's voice and the emotion of the song.

In My Tree
    - So glad we changed it! I honestly love the one we have - wasn't too sure even after we picked Hartford but it's effin' killer! :D One of my favourite songs ever, a superb version that really shines I think. Changing this and Smile made a HUUUUUGE difference I think - lifted the mood, more energetic and passionate now. I love love love it.

Smile - This one works soooooooo much better as well - good call on changing it :thumbup: Love it. Fits so much better, the mood is pretty cool. Very nice.

Off He Goes

Habit - I was happy as soon as we picked Toledo and it didn't disappoint,. I love it. Great great version

Red Mosquito
    - very fierce track. Has made me appreciate the song a whole lot more - the guitar is crazy! I love this one :D

Mankind - Sounds a lot clearer and much better - really enjoyed listening to this one :D I feel like it sounds different to the version on the rough draft - sounds a whole lot better so thanks Dan for whatever you did :thumbup:

I'm Open - I love this - Sounds much better now that the volume is higher. It's a very atmospheric, emotional version I think. Sounds pretty magical and beautiful.

Around The Bend
    - beautiful. It melt my heart, very emotional and sweet. Such a great song,. I love the little thing about putting the kids to sleep, very cute.

I have really started to love the bonus section - I like the improv, full of emotion and passion, raw.
    Roadhouse Blues & Leaving Here - have had them on repeat, love those two songs. Both so fiery and work so well together

Sorry for the long post - Just wanted to say how much I love it. Great outcome - especially for what we had to choose from, I think we've all done a great job. Love it :) Thanks again everyone for doing and being a part of this :D

I like the review!

• Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It is.

:thumbup: very happy with this one ! :D
    tremors wrote:

I like the review!

:lol: thanks - can't help it, sometimes i just have to ramble on and on and on ... :lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It is.

:thumbup:

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I like the review!

:lol: thanks - can't help it, sometimes i just have to ramble on and on and on ... :lol:

It's good to have a bit of enthusiasm from time to time!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I like the review!

It's good to have a bit of enthusiasm from time to time!

She's young. It'd be a shame if she had lost her enthusiasm already ;) .
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

In My Tree

Off He Goes

Red Mosquito

Around The Bend

Glad you love the Hartford versions.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options

In My Tree

Off He Goes

Red Mosquito

Around The Bend

Amazing review E.L. :thumbup:

Seems like we all agree that this project is ready to be released into the wild :D

The plan is this: Friday 9:00am East Coast USA
  • Options

In My Tree

Off He Goes

Red Mosquito

Around The Bend

Amazing review E.L. :thumbup:

Seems like we all agree that this project is ready to be released into the wild :D

The plan is this: Friday 9:00am East Coast USA

Cool, I should be able to do the write up that day too. Can someone give me some pointers as to the source of the boots we ended up using? - soundboard \ audience, etc.

Thanks!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Cool, I should be able to do the write up that day too. Can someone give me some pointers as to the source of the boots we ended up using? - soundboard \ audience, etc.
    Thanks!

Project #10 - "Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live"

Track List:

Sometimes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996) "Audience"
    Hail, Hail - Hamburg, Germany (November 4, 1996) "Audience"
    Who You Are - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996) "Soundboard"
    In My Tree - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996) "Soundboard"
    Smile - London, England (October 29, 1996) "Audience"
    Off He Goes - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 19, 1996) "Audience"
    Habit - Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996) "Audience"
    Red Mosquito - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996) "Soundboard"
    Lukin - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996) "Soundboard"
    Present Tense - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996) "Soundboard"
    Mankind - Berlin, Germany (November 3, 1996) "Soundboard"
    I'm Open - Barcelona, Spain (November 21, 1996) "Audience"
    Around The Bend - 1996 Bridge School Benefit (October 20, 1996) "Audience"
    Improv - Charleston, South Carolina (October 5, 1996) "Audience"
    Roadhouse Blues Improv - Paris, France (November 7, 1996) "Audience"
    Leaving Here - Hartford, Connecticut (October 2, 1996) "Soundboard"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam - The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

Cover.jpg

Track List:

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -code.html
  • Options
    The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

Cover.jpg

With The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live, we have completed the 'Live' treatment of all of Pearl Jam's studio albums!!! For this project we again drew quite heavily on audience sourced recordings, but the sound quality is actually very high. The Ascending Road ahead delivers the good ole 'Live' treatment to one of our favourite studio albums, drawing exclusively from the 1996 tour – with the collection capturing a lot of the live sound of that era, featuring Jack Irons' memorable drumming style, and some storming live versions of the fantastic songs on this album. A great listen when you need to hear No Code, with a 'twist'.

With this project we wanted to prioritise the best sounding cuts, above the 'show diversity' we have sometimes gone for in previous projects (particularly the Official Bootleg projects). As a result No Code Live features a strong showing from the Hartford and Berlin – as well as drawing more widely from the best sounding bootlegs and the best sounding songs we could find.

The bonus section includes an improvisation, a short but sweet rendition of the Doors' Roadhouse Blues, and closes with a rockin Leaving Here. The project team identified a lot of highlights within this collection – with one member or another highlighting almost every single song in the project as a highlight. Highlights include the Bridge School numbers, which have a great mood, which often comes at the Bridge, Red Mosquito and In My Tree amongst others, but there are some great great live performances throughout the collection – including I'm Open, which we had to cull from a Soundcheck! ;)

We hope you enjoy listening to The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

Cover.jpg

With The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live, we have completed the 'Live' treatment of all of Pearl Jam's studio albums!!! For this project we again drew quite heavily on audience sourced recordings, but the sound quality is actually very high. The Ascending Road ahead delivers the good ole 'Live' treatment to one of our favourite studio albums, drawing exclusively from the 1996 tour – with the collection capturing a lot of the live sound of that era, featuring Jack Irons' memorable drumming style, and some storming live versions of the fantastic songs on this album. A great listen when you need to hear No Code, with a 'twist'.

With this project we wanted to prioritise the best sounding cuts, above the 'show diversity' we have sometimes gone for in previous projects (particularly the Official Bootleg projects). As a result No Code Live features a strong showing from the Hartford and Berlin – as well as drawing more widely from the best sounding bootlegs and the best sounding songs we could find.

The bonus section includes an improvisation, a short but sweet rendition of the Doors' Roadhouse Blues, and closes with a rockin Leaving Here. The project team identified a lot of highlights within this collection – with one member or another highlighting almost every single song in the project as a highlight. Highlights include the Bridge School numbers, which have a great mood, which often comes at the Bridge, Red Mosquito and In My Tree amongst others, but there are some great great live performances throughout the collection – including I'm Open, which we had to cull from a Soundcheck! ;)

We hope you enjoy listening to The Ascending Road Ahead: No Code Live

Excellent write up Tremors, thanks for the hard work and ensight. :D
  • Options
    Bump already??? Come on people, give us some feedback about the project.
  • Options

+1
  • Options

+1

+2 :lol:
  • Options
    BUMP

for the chocolate, the rabbits and the eggs :)