The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I enjoyed cheering for Dallas against Miami last summer, but....

Dirk showed a "dick" side to him last night, and I was happy to see Earl Watson get in his face about it.

Earl Watson may not be the most talented player, but the dude is a bad ass and doesn't take shit from anybody. He's rough, gritty, aggressive, and obviously isn't afraid to tell Dirk to fuck off.

0:50 mark... http://www.nba.com/video/games/jazz/201 ... _recap.nba

Also, is it a "thing" now to claim you have the flu or flu like symptoms and then go out and have a monster game?? Either way though, LeBron did have a good game. Fuck the Lakers. :D
    Yeah, I was shocked to see Dirk like that last night.

Jason Kidd almost threw Earl Watson.

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals. Do you think he would've played with the flu if it was a regular season game?

Dirk prolly overreacted a little, but really wtf was Watson doin? Didn't really seem to bother Favors. Shoulda let it be and made Dirk to look like the dick, instead he looked like a bitch.

Dirk's done that plenty of times and many players have more than I can count, especially when the other player usually holds the ball as a stalling tactic, then gets pissed off when you try to get it so you can actually play the game. I'm not saying it's right but I don't think it makes a guy a dick.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I enjoyed cheering for Dallas against Miami last summer, but....

Dirk showed a "dick" side to him last night, and I was happy to see Earl Watson get in his face about it.

Earl Watson may not be the most talented player, but the dude is a bad ass and doesn't take shit from anybody. He's rough, gritty, aggressive, and obviously isn't afraid to tell Dirk to fuck off.

0:50 mark... http://www.nba.com/video/games/jazz/201 ... _recap.nba

Also, is it a "thing" now to claim you have the flu or flu like symptoms and then go out and have a monster game?? Either way though, LeBron did have a good game. Fuck the Lakers. :D
    Yeah, I was shocked to see Dirk like that last night.

Jason Kidd almost threw Earl Watson.

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals. Do you think he would've played with the flu if it was a regular season game?

Dirk prolly overreacted a little, but really wtf was Watson doin? Didn't really seem to bother Favors. Shoulda let it be and made Dirk to look like the dick, instead he(Watson) looked like a bitch.

I think Watson was simply standing up for a rookie on his team and setting an example.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Dirk's done that plenty of times and many players have more than I can count, especially when the other player usually holds the ball as a stalling tactic, then gets pissed off when you try to get it so you can actually play the game. I'm not saying it's right but I don't think it makes a guy a dick.

I hear ya. I was a little ruffled when I posted that. I still think it was a stupid thing of Dirk to do, and as a Jazz fan, I appreciate how Watson re-acted, even if he also misinterpreted Dirk's intention. I don't deny Favors committed a foul, I just think Dirk is better than what he showed last night. I don't necessarliy think Dirk has a dick demeanor to him... that's more of a Kobe thing. ;)

On the flip side, Favors' throwing of the ball that got him ejected could be considered just as childish... but I disagree with the refs on that being grounds for ejection.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so he knocked the ball out of a guy's hands...is that it or did i miss something? doesn't seem like that big of a deal...i mean, you're right, kobe does bigger dickish things in warmups...this just seems like normal basketball shit
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    the hawks are still frauds.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    only caught the last 30 seconds of the clippers/t-wolves game, but that seemed like a great game. Love hitting the game winning 3 pointer.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Cold beer. Wolves @ Jazz. Snowy weather, cozy night inside. No satellite signal.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :thumbdown:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    fuck carmello
    www.myspace.com
  • Most improved team thus far: Minnesota Timberwolves. LOVE it.
    double ot in ny.?...quite a game. go denver
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,781

knicks should have gotten the ball
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

knicks should have gotten the ball

yeah but it's not like they would have done anything with .3 seconds on the clock.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    speaking of dirk...rumor has it, he is this years winner of the shawn kemp lockout award.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    Newch91 wrote:

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals.

he didn't even have the flu. it was a made up story to enhance his legend. :x

no signal for last night's jazz game and DC wouldn't return my texts. kind of a RF move, if you ask me ;):lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

JJ6.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals.

no signal for last night's jazz game and DC wouldn't return my texts. kind of a RF move, if you ask me ;):lol:

Got a signal but it went out again at half time, rat fuck. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    fuck carmello

+1. The Knicks can't keep up with their own hype. Great win by Denver.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Most improved team thus far: Minnesota Timberwolves. LOVE it.

I like the Wolves this year and Kevin Love has become a force. Him and Kevin Durant are the two "stars" in this league that I care most about. Kevin's level of consistency is unreal.

Ricky Rubio is sensational, such a fun player to watch. It would be in Minnesota's greatest interest to do everything they can to keep Rubio and Love as their core and build on that. Hiring Adelman was a good move too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    The Bucks beat the Heat in Miami. Love it, cause I hate the drama queen they have in MIA.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    As bad as the CELTICS are playing they WILL STILL make the playoffs. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Keep on losing LA (Lakers). Your time at the top is ending! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

THAT NEILY GUY should be down in the dumps with their play of late. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Peace

They lost their star player: Phil Jackson.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Peace

They lost their star player: Phil Jackson.

I forgot about him...I wonder if he watched him play back when he played for the Knicks?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Peace

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i was looking at the standings...man the east sure does blow once you get past the top of the confrence. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Obviously, the buzz is there's a good chance the Lakers will get one of the following: Dwight or Deron Williams.

My money says they get Deron.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Obviously, the buzz is there's a good chance the Lakers will get one of the following: Dwight or Deron Williams.

sounds like they will have to wait to get howard....seems the magic are apt to hold on to him for the season and force him to take less money if he decides to leave.

i'd be suprised to see deron get traded by the nets....i've not heard any rumors on that yet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

sounds like they will have to wait to get howard....seems the magic are apt to hold on to him for the season and force him to take less money if he decides to leave.

i'd be suprised to see deron get traded by the nets....i've not heard any rumors on that yet.

It's only speculation that Deron will not be in a Nets jersey, and top rumored candidates are LAL & Dallas. Dallas is his hometown, so that wouldn't be too unlikely.

Here's my .02: Deron Williams wants to play for a winner... can't blame him there, I guess. When he's on a team that is not winning (the Nets, and the Jazz last year) he shows his unhappiness, and overall I believe it affects the atmosphere and chemistry on the team. It's worse with NJ... have you seen Deron on the floor? He does not look pleased. I think the guy will continue to come to work and do what he is supposed to do by contract, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he requested a trade or if NJ bites the bullet and and either deals him or deals one of their other pieces like Lopez in order to get something in return that could possibly sway him to stay for a bit longer in hopes that the y can bounce back and show some improvement.

I think the Jazz were faced with the same problem last year and they dealt Deron, which I still think was a wise move on Kevin O'Connor's behalf and it is already in the early stages of proving to be just that. I think he would've left after his deal expired anyway.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    g under p wrote:
    As bad as the CELTICS are playing they WILL STILL make the playoffs. :shock:

....and be done after the first round ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16