The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,918
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    in advance of tonight's game, allow me to say....

FUCK THE LAKERS

:wave: :mrgreen:

no complaints...bynum made a clean block :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I love watching ty lawson. wish the sixers took him over holiday
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i love this schedule....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    i love this schedule....

it is pretty cool...even though the quality of play has been pretty terrible
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    i love this schedule....

i love having a game every night...or every other night. it's pretty awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    i love this schedule....

I love that, and also that the condensed schedule is obviously hindering some teams. It's been fun to see some unexpected teams get some good wins. Makes for more entertaining basketball, in my eyes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    mlk bless sprint tv
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    5 games in 6 nights means ... bet the under ... :lol:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i love this schedule....

I love that, and also that the condensed schedule is obviously hindering some teams. It's been fun to see some unexpected teams get some good wins. Makes for more entertaining basketball, in my eyes.

agreed.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    Go Lakers!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    YES!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Fuck the Lakers! :evil:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    As much as I am a non-Laker fan, I have been scratching my head all season so far as to why Cuban and Co. would allow so many contributing pieces to their victory last season walk away. I realize sometimes a player is just going to leave, but... I don't remember Dallas doing much of anything to retain Barea, Chandler, and Stevenson. All three of those guys made an impact on their run last season.

I could be misinformed, but I thought all three of them were FA's. In any case, Dallas won't repeat and if they do I will be the first to say I didn't expect it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    As much as I am a non-Laker fan, I have been scratching my head all season so far as to why Cuban and Co. would allow so many contributing pieces to their victory last season walk away. I realize sometimes a player is just going to leave, but... I don't remember Dallas doing much of anything to retain Barea, Chandler, and Stevenson. All three of those guys made an impact on their run last season.

I could be misinformed, but I thought all three of them were FA's. In any case, Dallas won't repeat and if they do I will be the first to say I didn't expect it.

looking forward to the next class of free agents.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

looking forward to the next class of free agents.

Good point.

Hoping the Heat win this year just so their title will have an asterisk next to it. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Jazz over Clippers tonight at home. At least I hope so. I'm not buying the Clipper hype. Okay, so Chris Paul is the "best" PG in the league, and Blake Griffin has dunking down... does he have much fundamental game? I'll be watching tonight.

Truthfully, I am not too fond of Griffin. Alley-oops are only impressive for so long and I've seen him make some petty cheap shots w/other players. Eventually he's going to piss off someone who isn't afraid to punch his ass, and I hope I catch Sportscenter that night.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Rose is the best pg.

Blake has no shooting game and he is a douche that moaps on the court when things are not going well for him
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    spurs 0-5 on road thus far...
    www.myspace.com
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Jazz over Clippers tonight at home. At least I hope so. I'm not buying the Clipper hype. Okay, so Chris Paul is the "best" PG in the league, and Blake Griffin has dunking down... does he have much fundamental game? I'll be watching tonight.

Truthfully, I am not too fond of Griffin. Alley-oops are only impressive for so long and I've seen him make some petty cheap shots w/other players. Eventually he's going to piss off someone who isn't afraid to punch his ass, and I hope I catch Sportscenter that night.

so far so good...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    if the playoffs were to end today the Cleveland Cavaliers would be in the playoffs and the Boston Celtics would be out :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Utah fans chanting "Just - the - Cli - ppers!"

:lol::lol::lol:
    ok ... steve nash has been the best point guard in this league for the better part of this last decade ... obviously, paul, rose, d. will and some others may seem more of an obvious choice but i support my theory with the following points:

1. amare stoudemire - absolutely lost without nash
    2. mike d'antoni - not that great a coach without a pg
    3. marcin gortat, channing frye and jare dudley ... these guys are scrubs and yet nash gets every ounce out of these guys ...
    4. leading the league in assists despite being 38 years old and playing with scrubs

some team should make a deal for him at the deadline ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    ok ... steve nash has been the best point guard in this league for the better part of this last decade ... obviously, paul, rose, d. will and some others may seem more of an obvious choice but i support my theory with the following points:

3. marcin gortat, channing frye and jare dudley ... these guys are scrubs and yet nash gets every ounce out of these guys ...
    4. leading the league in assists despite being 38 years old and playing with scrubs

i assume you are talking about the GM poll?

Nash is solid, but would you really prefer him over Rose?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

actually ... no ... you got a link for this gm poll? ... i was just watching some highlights and reading about how amare has struggled ... and how the knicks should be better than they are ...

i did qualify my statement as the best pg ... doesn't necessarily make him the best player ... but if i was building a team for a 1 year run ... i just may take nash because he makes everyone around him much better but it's also a team game so it depends on who you else you got ... obviously, rose is the better overall player right now ...
    if the playoffs were to end today the Cleveland Cavaliers would be in the playoffs and the Boston Celtics would be out :?

All in favor of a condensed season every year, say "aye."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    spurs 0-5 on road thus far...

Losing Manu was a blow for that team... he's still a large contributor to what they do.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    Blake has no shooting game and he is a douche that moaps on the court when things are not going well for him

Jeremy Evans was superior last night in terms of dunks too.

Good win for Utah!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Jeremy Evans was superior last night in terms of dunks too.

Good win for Utah!

hopefully, devin harris finds his groove ... he's starting to pick it up ...
    edited January 2012
    polaris_x wrote:

I agree with you, I think Nash is one of the best but unappreciated guards in the league. All points you've made are valid, especially the D'Antoni one.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

actually ... no ... you got a link for this gm poll? ... i was just watching some highlights and reading about how amare has struggled ... and how the knicks should be better than they are ...

i did qualify my statement as the best pg ... doesn't necessarily make him the best player ... but if i was building a team for a 1 year run ... i just may take nash because he makes everyone around him much better but it's also a team game so it depends on who you else you got ... obviously, rose is the better overall player right now ...

i don't have a link...check nba.com there was just a bunch of chatter during the broadcast yesterday about it...

Rose was voted best PG, Kobe best 2 guard....heat favored to win it all, followed by OKC, Lakers, Bulls....Bulls best defensive team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg