The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Blake has no shooting game and he is a douche that moaps on the court when things are not going well for him

Jeremy Evans was superior last night in terms of dunks too.

Good win for Utah!

hopefully, devin harris finds his groove ... he's starting to pick it up ...

Yeah, he is. Raja has picked up some steam too, I'd love it if he could stay consistent on the offense.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:

interesting poll ... makes me realize why some teams are horrible ... hahaha
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    dcfaithful wrote:

Truthfully, I am not too fond of Griffin. Alley-oops are only impressive for so long and I've seen him make some petty cheap shots w/other players. Eventually he's going to piss off someone who isn't afraid to punch his ass, and I hope I catch Sportscenter that night.
    if you punched him hard enough, maybe his eyes would un-cross :lol:

did you catch the shot of him staring into space while riding the bench?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Truthfully, I am not too fond of Griffin. Alley-oops are only impressive for so long and I've seen him make some petty cheap shots w/other players. Eventually he's going to piss off someone who isn't afraid to punch his ass, and I hope I catch Sportscenter that night.
    if you punched him hard enough, maybe his eyes would un-cross :lol:

did you catch the shot of him staring into space while riding the bench?

:lol::lol: Yeah.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Wolves are looking to resign Kevin Love to a $60 million four-year deal. If he chooses not to sign, he will be a RFA this summer. His contract currently has a player option and he can return for next season, make 6.1 million and then become an UFA in the summer of 2013.

As the article on NBA.com says, this is a no brainer and is the best money that the T-Wolves can spend until Rubio's contract needs extension.

Wolves come into SLC this Saturday and I can't wait for that game. Rubio and Love are incredibly fun players to watch. Two players with really good looking careers ahead of them.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    dcfaithful wrote:

Wolves come into SLC this Saturday and I can't wait for that game. Rubio and Love are incredibly fun players to watch. Two players with really good looking careers ahead of them.
    if you get tickets, I could probably shuffle my plans and go with you ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Was at the Spurs Heat game last night... Never seen a 3rd quarter quite like that...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

interesting poll ... makes me realize why some teams are horrible ... hahaha

makes me realize how clueless these gms are that andre iguadala wasn't mentioned as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

if you get tickets, I could probably shuffle my plans and go with you ;)

Unfortunately, the game falls smack in between paydays. :(

If something happens and I manage to get tickets between now and then, you're my first call buddy. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    the nova product to griffin...lob city is in full effect
    www.myspace.com
    The Clippers and Chris Broussard annoy the shit out of me...

Mavs @ Jazz tonight... should be a good game. This is another statement game for the Jazz, also it's on TNT. They need to win this to further prove they're on the rise. But if they do, ESPN and the likes will continue to believe the NBA only consists of OKC, Boston, LAL, Dallas, Chicago, LAC, NY, and Miami. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:

Mavs @ Jazz tonight... should be a good game. This is another statement game for the Jazz, also it's on TNT. They need to win this to further prove they're on the rise. But if they do, ESPN and the likes will continue to believe the NBA only consists of OKC, Boston, LAL, Dallas, Chicago, LAC, NY, and Miami. :roll:
    8:00 ET time or is it later?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I think it's 10:30 ET, because it is 8:30 here.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I think it's 10:30 ET, because it is 8:30 here.
    Sweet. I'll be able to watch it after the gym tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    dcfaithful wrote:
    NBA only consists of Chicago

8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

8-)

You guys are nothign but the Jazz of the East. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

8-)

You guys are nothign but the Jazz of the East. ;)
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba ... C.76fqbwM6

think someone at yahoo is on this board ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:
    If he is....let me be the first to say he sucks... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

suns should really trade him at the deadline ... he's much more valuable to them traded ... right now, they are gonna win too many games with him in the lineup ... they need to finish near the bottom ... nash is too good and has too much pride to let that happen ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

suns should really trade him at the deadline ... he's much more valuable to them traded ... right now, they are gonna win too many games with him in the lineup ... they need to finish near the bottom ... nash is too good and has too much pride to let that happen ...

Him and Devin Harris should trade spots. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm lost...and don't have time to read that article...is baron davis now expected to miss most of the season or something?
    www.myspace.com
    i'm lost...and don't have time to read that article...is baron davis now expected to miss most of the season or something?

the article was just saying how reuniting nash with d'antoni and stoudemire would be good for all next season when nash is a FA ... pure speculation ...

i posted it cuz i believe nash has been the best pg in the league for the better part of the last decade in so much as he makes everyone around him better from players to coaches ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so Miami wants to wear their shit-black unis so the Lakers have to wear their home colors? :roll:

Miami blows
    Miami's black uniforms are nasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I enjoyed cheering for Dallas against Miami last summer, but....

Dirk showed a "dick" side to him last night, and I was happy to see Earl Watson get in his face about it.

Earl Watson may not be the most talented player, but the dude is a bad ass and doesn't take shit from anybody. He's rough, gritty, aggressive, and obviously isn't afraid to tell Dirk to fuck off.

0:50 mark... http://www.nba.com/video/games/jazz/201 ... _recap.nba

Also, is it a "thing" now to claim you have the flu or flu like symptoms and then go out and have a monster game?? Either way though, LeBron did have a good game. Fuck the Lakers. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Dirk showed a "dick" side to him last night, and I was happy to see Earl Watson get in his face about it.

Earl Watson may not be the most talented player, but the dude is a bad ass and doesn't take shit from anybody. He's rough, gritty, aggressive, and obviously isn't afraid to tell Dirk to fuck off.

Also, is it a "thing" now to claim you have the flu or flu like symptoms and then go out and have a monster game?? Either way though, LeBron did have a good game. Fuck the Lakers. :D
    Yeah, I was shocked to see Dirk like that last night.

Jason Kidd almost threw Earl Watson.

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals. Do you think he would've played with the flu if it was a regular season game?
    Should've signed that prenup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 18486.html

Kobe Bryant loses all three (!) of his mansions, $75 million, in divorce settlement

Did you know that Kobe Bryant owns three mansions in Newport Beach, alone? No? Let that swirl around for a second, and now learn that Kobe Bryant does not own three mansions in Newport Beach anymore. Those houses, and a princely $75 million sum, have been sent to Kobe's ex-wife Vanessa in the couple's divorce settlement.

TMZ (sigh, sorry) is reporting that the $75 million figure represents half of Kobe's … er, "the couple's" total assets. The quick split and even quicker payoff (all three of his houses?) would appear to lend credibility to the idea that Kobe wanted absolutely nothing to do with his ex-wife potentially going on record to air whatever dirty laundry that emanated from what was at times a contentious and fitful 10-year marriage -- including reports of massive amounts of infidelity. One of the three mansions is even still in the construction stage, but she's getting that one too.

According to Wikipedia, and this massive lump sum of cash and real estate, the former couple did not put together a prenuptial agreement before tying the knot in April of 2001. The Bryants have two daughters, and we wish both parties well as they move on in their personal lives.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited January 2012
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, I was shocked to see Dirk like that last night.

Jason Kidd almost threw Earl Watson.

Everyone wants to be Jordan. There's only one Jordan. Jordan only played with the flu because it was the finals. Do you think he would've played with the flu if it was a regular season game?

Dirk prolly overreacted a little, but really wtf was Watson doin? Didn't really seem to bother Favors. Shoulda let it be and made Dirk to look like the dick, instead he(Watson) looked like a bitch.
    Post edited by DewieCox on