The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:
    Honestly, that really wasn't a dunk by Blake. That was more of a throw down. He had to hold on to Perkins to help him not fall and land that "dunk".

Try telling ESPN that. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Honestly, that really wasn't a dunk by Blake. That was more of a throw down. He had to hold on to Perkins to help him not fall and land that "dunk".

Try telling ESPN that. :roll:
    I've heard. I think Skip Bayless said on First Take yesterday that it was also a throw down. When you watched it live when it happened, it looked like an insane dunk. But after watching the replay and different angles of it, it was clearly a throw down.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I can't stand Griffin. He is a head case and a giant baby!

I miss Andre Miller putting him in his place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl5I-vbywk&feature=fvst
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    I choose to ignore twitter....

....yet ESPN stuffs tweets down my throat from idiots who have nothing better to do than draw attention to themselves by commenting on blake griffin's dunk. I could give a rats ass what you fuckers think. :x

(not you fuckers....those fuckers :lol: )

ESPN is unwatchable most hours

Amen to that.

what are you gonna do, tho? watch the OWN network? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    what are you gonna do, tho? watch the OWN network? :lol:

What do you think is on when Jen gets the remote (besides Food Network and Cooking Channel)? :cry:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    JMo wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Holy shit that was funny, thank you for sharing.

Griffin really was shoving under the basket too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JMo wrote:

That is great. Miller is a very underated player.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JMo wrote:

U of U alumni! 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JMo wrote:

U of U alumni! 8-)

Yep and Yep.

I miss him here in Portland.

He wasn't called for a foul that game. But the league reviewed it and suspended him a game. Ending something very dear to Andre's heart...consecutive games played. He was up to 632, I think, before the suspension. That's really unheard of in this league. I have much respect for Vets like Dre.
    Newch91 wrote:

I hate to give "the dunk" another day of shelf life....but how is it not a foul when you catapult yourself off another dude? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I hate to give "the dunk" another day of shelf life....but how is it not a foul when you catapult yourself off another dude? :?
    Not sure. He was grabbing Perkins to stay up.

Also, not impressed with LeBron's dunk. Look how short the guy was.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JMo wrote:

I miss him here in Portland.

He wasn't called for a foul that game. But the league reviewed it and suspended him a game. Ending something very dear to Andre's heart...consecutive games played. He was up to 632, I think, before the suspension. That's really unheard of in this league. I have much respect for Vets like Dre.

Yeah I miss him too, Khalid El' Felton is killing me right now!

At least it looks like Elliott Williams will get some time tonight with Batum and the Rhino out.

"White Trash" better not get his minutes tonight.
    NERDS!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "As an NBA fan I want to apologize to the fans," Barkley said during his on-air interview transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews. "I cannot believe how bad the NBA is right now. I'm a fan first and foremost; watching the NBA right now, I'm embarrassed about the product we're putting out there right now. It's no fun for me to watch these games. I feel bad for the fans."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... Stories%29

:clap::clap::clap:
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

When you're a media doll for the NBA, you've got some more room to getaway with shit.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:
    "As an NBA fan I want to apologize to the fans," Barkley said during his on-air interview transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews. "I cannot believe how bad the NBA is right now. I'm a fan first and foremost; watching the NBA right now, I'm embarrassed about the product we're putting out there right now. It's no fun for me to watch these games. I feel bad for the fans."

I've always liked Charles Barkley. I appreciate the fact that he's not afraid to speak his mind, especially about the company he represents.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:

:thumbup: :clap: Just what everyone else thinks.
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:

:thumbup: :clap: Just what everyone else thinks.

I anticipate the day when the NBA gets a new commish. Not saying that is going to be the solution, but it just might be a step in the right direction.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The NBA named the starters for the 2012 All-Star Game in Orlando on Thursday.

Voted as starters for the Eastern Conference are defending NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat at guard, Wade's Heat teammate LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks at forward and Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic at center.

Voted as Western Conference starters were Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers at guard, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Clippers' Blake Griffin at forward and the Lakers' Andrew Bynum at center.
    norm wrote:
    The NBA named the starters for the 2012 All-Star Game in Orlando on Thursday.

Voted as starters for the Eastern Conference are defending NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat at guard, Wade's Heat teammate LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks at forward and Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic at center.

Voted as Western Conference starters were Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers at guard, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Clippers' Blake Griffin at forward and the Lakers' Andrew Bynum at center.

I wish the NBA would revoke the decision to let fans vote.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's not the worst lineup ... melo probably doesn't belong ... and i would have picked marc gasol over bynum but it's not like bynum is having a bad year ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    it's not the worst lineup ... melo probably doesn't belong ... and i would have picked marc gasol over bynum but it's not like bynum is having a bad year ...

If he was he'd probably still be in due to popularity, which let's face it, is all the All-Star game is about anyway.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

If he was he'd probably still be in due to popularity, which let's face it, is all the All-Star game is about anyway.

yeah ... i hear ya ... all i'm saying is that it isn't egregiously bad ...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Just like most other pro sports, the NBA especially needs to retract a few(dozen) teams. Still don't think that solves it.

Stern's a douchebag, but what's he done that been so egregious? He doesn't make the players play the way they play and that to me is the biggest problem with the NBA. That and just the hype that surrounds the league but that's gonna happen any time a sport gets carried by ESPN.

AllStar games are for the fans so I don't have a big issue with the fans voting. I do wish they were smarter about it, but whatya gonna do? Kevin Love is the biggest oversite imo and Bynum probably deserves a starting spot about as much as Horace Grant did back in the day.
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

yeah ... i hear ya ... all i'm saying is that it isn't egregiously bad ...
    Yeah, it's not egregious.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    DewieCox wrote:
    Kevin Love is the biggest oversite imo and Bynum probably deserves a starting spot about as much as Horace Grant did back in the day.

Kevin Love should have Griffin's spot, in my humble opinion.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    gotta be the first time ever that egregious has been used in 3 consecutive posts ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    gotta be the first time ever that egregious has been used in 3 consecutive posts ... :lol:
    :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    As imalive pointed out to me last night, the Jazz are entering a stretch of 5 of 6 games away from home. @Knicks, @Pacers, vs Thunder, @Grizzlies, @Hornets, @Thunder.

Time to truly test the team.

:(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    As imalive pointed out to me last night, the Jazz are entering a stretch of 5 of 6 games away from home. @Knicks, @Pacers, vs Thunder, @Grizzlies, @Hornets, @Thunder.

and then, in early March, @ Dallas, @ Cleveland, @ Charlotte, @ Philly and @ Chicago....in seven days.

maybe we get a W @ Charlotte ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

and then, in early March, @ Dallas, @ Cleveland, @ Charlotte, @ Philly and @ Chicago....in seven days.

maybe we get a W @ Charlotte ;)

Maaaybe. I for sure thought we would beat Toronto in SLC. :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL