The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Well, they won so I'm taking my statement back. We're gunning for you 81! :lol:
    :o

how the hell did the celtics win that game??? i only saw the first half and they were putrid!
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

how the hell did the celtics win that game??? i only saw the first half and they were putrid!

orlando isn't much better. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    what was the deal with the brazilian soccer team playing the clippers last night in memphis. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

magic really aren't that good ... outside of dwight - they lack serious athleticism ... turkoglu is a pile of shit ... basically, the C's took dwight out of the game and no one could step up ...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I honestly don't know who I dislike more between the Lakers or the Clippers.

:?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    This Celtics team sucks. I've given them a few weeks to straighten this shit out. I've had it. Blow it up. Keep Rondo, Pietrus, Bass and Bradley. Gut the rest. I'm sick of this crap.

i said this a month ago....but i would also dump mr. no shot rondo
    Cant do that. If you're gonna have a shit squad, you at least need someone to make things happen on the court and Rondo does that (when healthy).

Biggest concern is whether you'll get Rondo's full value. He seems to lack durability with his frequent injuries. However, when on the floor and in his game, Rondo is a pretty productive player.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Biggest concern is whether you'll get Rondo's full value. He seems to lack durability with his frequent injuries. However, when on the floor and in his game, Rondo is a pretty productive player.

Rondo's value as a point guard is his defense ... no jump shot and horrible FT shooting makes him a bit of a liability on offense ... his assist totals are somewhat inflated in that pierce and allen are excellent at running off screens and getting open ... and i also think the scorekeeper in boston is a bit leniant on what he considers to be an assist ...

i like the kid - plays with a lot of heart and hustle ... but his jump shot is weak and a pg who can't make FT's is horrible because you have to take the ball out of your best ball handlers hand at the end of the game ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Rondo's value as a point guard is his defense ... no jump shot and horrible FT shooting makes him a bit of a liability on offense ... his assist totals are somewhat inflated in that pierce and allen are excellent at running off screens and getting open ... and i also think the scorekeeper in boston is a bit leniant on what he considers to be an assist ...

i like the kid - plays with a lot of heart and hustle ... but his jump shot is weak and a pg who can't make FT's is horrible because you have to take the ball out of your best ball handlers hand at the end of the game ...

Yes, Rondo's shooting is a real downside to his game... I like the energy he brings to the offense.

Godo point about his passes going to Pierce and Allen... it'll be interesting to see how Rondo does when those two aren't at his side.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    so the sixers hald the orlando magic to.................

42 points tonight?! :o

(they only had 58 themselves though)
    www.myspace.com

Thru 3....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Thru 3....

espn.com is f'd up....i even got the scorecenter tex alert saying that was the final :lol:

Final
    Series (Game 1 of 4)
    Close

Series starts 1/30

Game 1: Monday, January 30th
    Magic 42 Final

76ers 58
    www.myspace.com
  • Anyone see that monster dunk by Blake?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Anyone see that monster dunk by Blake?

that was cool....a lot of his dunks don't even seem like dunks though. it's like he's throwing the ball down into the basket while barely holding onto the rim
    www.myspace.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6YiU6R ... ata_player
    polaris_x wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6YiU6R ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HBfdbxmKrk

Of course though, it doesn't count. :roll:

If Jeremy Evans isn't in the dunk contest this year, that is a complete travesty.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    his dunks are sick but it seems like he hardly touches the rim

that was cool....a lot of his dunks don't even seem like dunks though. it's like he's throwing the ball down into the basket while barely holding onto the rim

It's hard when you can't see straight. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Davidtrios wrote:

His dunks are sick and great, but each time I see Griffin play, his post offense (aside from dunking) is laughable. I'm still not sold on Griffin simply because of the dunks.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

His dunks are sick and great, but each time I see Griffin play, his post offense (aside from dunking) is laughable. I'm still not sold on Griffin simply because of the dunks.

ya, but i think his D will come around. i'd def. want him on my team.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

I think he will too, this is only his 2nd year. We certainly haven't seen the last of him... I'm just really burnt out on the hype of the Clippers. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Davidtrios wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

To reference the debate that was had on TNT not too long ago; would you rather have Griffin or Love?

I'd rather have Love.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    To reference the debate that was had on TNT not too long ago; would you rather have Griffin or Love?

I'd rather have Love.

today or tommorrow?

today i take Love. he is more polished and seems to have his head screwed on straight.

Griffin seems to be a bit of head case which causes him to lose focus when things are going his way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    interesting debate but i agree with yous guys: love over bg. love doesnt have the flash but he is a GREAT rebounder and the man can play inside or out. doesnt he shoot like 40% from 3?
    edited January 2012
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I'd rather have Love.

today or tommorrow?

today i take Love. he is more polished and seems to have his head screwed on straight.

Griffin seems to be a bit of head case which causes him to lose focus when things are going his way.

They're pretty comparable, statistically (Blake has more PPG on the career, but Love has played longer)... but Love still wins me over. Blake does has the luxury of having some good players (Butler, Jordan, Paul) to help him on the offense.

I don't think Love has that luxury as much as Griffin does. Also, I think Griffin wins in a comparison of athleticism...
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Davidtrios wrote:
    interesting debate but i agree with yous guys: love over bg. love doesnt have the flash but he is a GREAT rebounder and the man can play inside or out. doesnt he shoot like 40% from 3?

Approximately 38% on his career, but he is 40% thus far in 11-12, and I can see it improving over time.

I think Love is more fundamentally sound at this point. He's superior on the block, and in my opinion (and how I like to see basketball played), that is a key element of a PF's game...

just my take and opinion though.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    I choose to ignore twitter....

....yet ESPN stuffs tweets down my throat from idiots who have nothing better to do than draw attention to themselves by commenting on blake griffin's dunk. I could give a rats ass what you fuckers think. :x

(not you fuckers....those fuckers :lol: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

....yet ESPN stuffs tweets down my throat from idiots who have nothing better to do than draw attention to themselves by commenting on blake griffin's dunk. I could give a rats ass what you fuckers think. :x

ESPN is unwatchable most hours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lol @ LeBron dunking over a shorty, easy big fella, try doing that on someone your size.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

ESPN is unwatchable most hours

Amen to that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Honestly, that really wasn't a dunk by Blake. That was more of a throw down. He had to hold on to Perkins to help him not fall and land that "dunk".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful