The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i suspect they will save face and let the appeal take place and ultimately allow the trade to happen ...

i don't really seeing this benefiting the lakers ... now, you have 2 guys that want to control the ball especially in the fourth ... why would you trade for a natural floor leader when you already got one ... ??
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Stern statement: "Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies w/ the Commissioner's Office in consultation w/ team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from influence of other NBA owners that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of terms of that trade."

what a tool
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    i suspect they will save face and let the appeal take place and ultimately allow the trade to happen ...

i don't really seeing this benefiting the lakers ... now, you have 2 guys that want to control the ball especially in the fourth ... why would you trade for a natural floor leader when you already got one ... ??

I said the same thing. I think gasol has a vagina, but without him they are depending on bynum to stay healthy (assuming he's not dealt for howard), which just isn't realistic
    norm wrote:
    Stern statement: "Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies w/ the Commissioner's Office in consultation w/ team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from influence of other NBA owners that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of terms of that trade."

what a tool

that has to be the most moronic decision ... way to throw your gm under the bus after making a great trade ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    norm wrote:

what a tool

This is this biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever read. Free from influence of other NBA owners.....nice try.

Even if the team is more attractive to potential owners "with Chris in a Hornets uniform", any owner has to know they are losin ghim the second he hits free agency. Stern is a fucking moron.
    that's the funny thing about this whole thing...it isn't the greatest deal for the lakers in the short run...if anything this helps the hornets more
    The Fixer wrote:
    I said the same thing. I think gasol has a vagina, but without him they are depending on bynum to stay healthy (assuming he's not dealt for howard), which just isn't realistic

gasol was/is perfect as a laker in that triangle offense ... passes great for a big man ... can hit the mid range and boards well ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Paul is the most over rated player in the nba today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

gasol was/is perfect as a laker in that triangle offense ... passes great for a big man ... can hit the mid range and boards well ...

boards well is a stretch. he's soft as shit. I think it's funny watching him and kobe on the same team. you can tell that kobe hates him
    norm wrote:
    that's the funny thing about this whole thing...it isn't the greatest deal for the lakers in the short run...if anything this helps the hornets more

no kidding ... the sad part about gilbert's email is that he talked about the lakers saving money on the luxury tax ... dude ... they just loss gasol and odom ... their 2nd and 3rd best players ... they will have to replace them and you know the lakers are gonna spend above the cap regardless ...
    polaris_x wrote:

I don't. That's admitting they are wrong which will only add the the PR debacle. This is really bad. The only way this goes through is if the deal gets better for the Hornets.

In the last few years under Sterns watch

Ref fixing....check
    Horrible lockout with a horrible outcome...check
    Owners running the league...check

How this fucking man is employed, I will never understand. The NBA is going to be about as relevant as the AHL soon.
    The Fixer wrote:
    boards well is a stretch. he's soft as shit. I think it's funny watching him and kobe on the same team. you can tell that kobe hates him

the guy has averaged like 10 boards a game in the last 3 years with like 3 offensive a game ...
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

what a tool

This is this biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever read. Free from influence of other NBA owners.....nice try.

Even if the team is more attractive to potential owners "with Chris in a Hornets uniform", any owner has to know they are losin ghim the second he hits free agency. Stern is a fucking moron.

Yeah, what a fucking load of shit that statement is. Unbelievable. David Stern has turned into a real fucking idiot these past few months.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't. That's admitting they are wrong which will only add the the PR debacle. This is really bad. The only way this goes through is if the deal gets better for the Hornets.

Ref fixing....check

How this fucking man is employed, I will never understand. The NBA is going to be about as relevant as the AHL soon.

sorry ... forgot to add that they will throw another draft pick somewhere in there as part of the save face plan ...

what actually irritates me the most about stern is the fact he's gotta stick his face in everything ... like it's all about him ... why does he have to introduce the players drafted? ... why is he the first picture taken with a rookie instead of the teams' gm or owner? ... why does he present all the fucking awards? ... the guy's ego is way too large ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the guy has averaged like 10 boards a game in the last 3 years with like 3 offensive a game ...

yeah, I know. some stats can be misleading though. I wouldn't say gasol eats glass. having one of the best players of all time at a guard position is going to help any big mans rebounding numbers

gasol is a skirt
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, I know. some stats can be misleading though. I wouldn't say gasol eats glass. having one of the best players of all time at a guard position is going to help any big mans rebounding numbers

gasol is a skirt

for sure stats can be misleading but he was instrumental in their recent championship ... kobe needed gasol to win ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ref fixing....check

sorry ... forgot to add that they will throw another draft pick somewhere in there as part of the save face plan ...

what actually irritates me the most about stern is the fact he's gotta stick his face in everything ... like it's all about him ... why does he have to introduce the players drafted? ... why is he the first picture taken with a rookie instead of the teams' gm or owner? ... why does he present all the fucking awards? ... the guy's ego is way too large ...

Yeah, that is definitely necessary for it to go through at this point. What a joke.

I hear you, man. He is a jackass. It's been a really rough few years for him.
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

gasol is a skirt

for sure stats can be misleading but he was instrumental in their recent championship ... kobe needed gasol to win ...

he was also instrumental in their embarrassing playoff loss last year.

As much as I think he's a pussy, I think giving gasol away for paul would have hurt the lakers. can't believe I'm saying that, but their frontcourt becomes a major weakness without gasol
    thing about stern is he thinks he was the one that made the nba so successful...not magic, bird and jordan...it was all dave's master plan :roll:

asshat
    The Fixer wrote:

As much as I think he's a pussy, I think giving gasol away for paul would have hurt the lakers. can't believe I'm saying that, but their frontcourt becomes a major weakness without gasol

it wasn't like last year was his fault ... kobe didn't play that great either ...
  • The Fixer wrote:

i agree. i dont see how the lakers are better without adding another big. even if bynum stays healthy (which is a big IF), i dont see how this trade gives them any advantage. and its becoming more apparent howard's first choice isn't LA.

i also dont think its a good trade for Houston. give away their two best players, a young prospect and draft pick for pau, who's clearly on the downside of his career.

i actually think the hornets made out the best they couldve knowing that they will lose paul after this season. draft pick + scola + martin + odom. not bad....
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Saw this on Google images.

sadaamstern01b_580x435.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FrankBauer wrote:

i actually think the hornets made out the best they couldve knowing that they will lose paul after this season. draft pick + scola + martin + odom. not bad....

Exactly. And now they won't get shit when Paul leaves as a free agent. So ridiculous.
    FrankBauer wrote:

which makes it all the more mind boggling that the deal was voided.

haha, the NBA is terrible
  • The Fixer wrote:
    FrankBauer wrote:

which makes it all the more mind boggling that the deal was voided.

haha, the NBA is terrible

Its such a joke...I really don't get how this can happen. Stern comes out w/ that bullshit statement that this is in the best interest of the Hornets???? WTF is wrong w/ this guy? The best interest of the Hornets would be to trade Paul and actually get something for him. Unreal.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Though the ink isn't dry, Tyson Chandler is signing with the Knicks.

Looking forward to watching NY this year...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Though the ink isn't dry, Tyson Chandler is signing with the Knicks.

Looking forward to watching NY this year...

* patiently waits for danny 'butthurt' gilbert's email to daddy stern ;)
    glen davis is going to magic and orlando used their amnesty clause on arenas
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:

Gilbert should be considered part of the .gov for all the cash that was wasted on him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:

Boston also picked up Brandon Bass in the sign-and-trade that sends Big Baby to Orlando.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2