The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Caron Bulter to the Clips
    :(
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    norm wrote:
    It is Dan Gilbert after all, the same person who said the Cavs would win a championship before LeBron does (which won't happen).
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    At least it wasn't written in Comic Sans this time!

Howard now wants to be a Net, which is somewhat surprising, but I like it. Him playing with D-Will is a good duo to build around.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    It is Dan Gilbert after all, the same person who said the Cavs would win a championship before LeBron does (which won't happen).

I just don't get how Stern can veto a trade like that....that is really fucked up.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    That is terrible. This league is in horrible shape.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I just don't get how Stern can veto a trade like that....that is really fucked up.

because the league owns NO, they have final sale on the deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this is hilarious ... the league (stern) vetoes the trade because he doesn't want players to dictate where they are going ... but at the same time - he just destroyed what hope the hornets have of competing in the future ... paul is going to leave at the end of this deal and they are not gonna get anywhere close to what they would have gotten with that deal ... horrible ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    this is hilarious ... the league (stern) vetoes the trade because he doesn't want players to dictate where they are going ... but at the same time - he just destroyed what hope the hornets have of competing in the future ... paul is going to leave at the end of this deal and they are not gonna get anywhere close to what they would have gotten with that deal ... horrible ...

Yeah, what a complete fucking joke this is. Paul is not staying in NO!!! Now they will get absolutely nothing when he leaves after this season. Apparently the other owners were up in arms over the trade and that is why Stern rejected it. So fucking stupid.
    Yeah, what a complete fucking joke this is. Paul is not staying in NO!!! Now they will get absolutely nothing when he leaves after this season. Apparently the other owners were up in arms over the trade and that is why Stern rejected it. So fucking stupid.

yeah .. paul for kevin martin, scola, odom and dragic ... that's as good as you're gonna get when you have like no leverage ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

yeah .. paul for kevin martin, scola, odom and dragic ... that's as good as you're gonna get when you have like no leverage ...

And there was a first round pick included too. So now New Orleans will get absolutely nothing and their big star will leave at the end of the season. I'm sure attendance will be really great after that. NO shouldn't even have an NBA team in the first place....but thats a whole different story.
  • Sounds like Brandon Roy is going to retire due to his knee problems, sorry South of Seattle.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Sounds like Brandon Roy is going to retire due to his knee problems, sorry South of Seattle.

really!?? ... i heard he spent all off-season rehabbing ... that's too bad ... kid played hurt when he shouldn't have ...
  • Sounds like Brandon Roy is going to retire due to his knee problems, sorry South of Seattle.

Wow...that's too bad. Guy has a ton of talent, but his knees have been killing him his entire career.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's official. David Stern and Gary Bettman have gone Travolta / Cage on us via some weird Face Off scenario that must have happened over the summer.

The NBA should reclassify the league as sports entertainment.
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Full schedule set to be released next tuesday at 6 central on nba tv

What about tix? Any word?

bulls tix go on sale friday morning

Next Friday, correct? The 16th.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

correct

:lol:

i went to buy some today and relized that....better to fuck up like this than to think it was next week and have it be this week

what games are you looking at?

i think we are going to hit up the Dallas game next spring....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

That's sad, he was a great player and seemed really well liked. His last great game was a ridiculous one when he torched the Mavs in the 1st round of the playoffs last year.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/4/23/2 ... yoffs-2011
  • 81 wrote:

correct

:lol:

i went to buy some today and relized that....better to fuck up like this than to think it was next week and have it be this week

what games are you looking at?

i think we are going to hit up the Dallas game next spring....

Anything really, I want to get some tix for my son as a christmas gift. Dude idolizes D. Rose!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssport ... 4/33772016
    ESPN reports that the teams involved in the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers which was blocked on Thursday night by the league will appeal the decision to the league.

If this is orchestrated by the league in the face of overwhelming outrage from players, the media, and fans (though those in small markets are certainly divided on the issue), it would represent an acceptable way out.

The league can't reverse its own decision without sacrificing massive credibility (which they damaged in the first place with the veto/block), and it would allow the trade to go through after some element of adjustment (say, an additional pick from the Lakers sent to New Orleans). Despite the outrage from several owners, the precedent set by the block stands as something completely outrageous (for more on that, check out Ken Berger's scathing column).

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that past procedure for disputed trades involves an arbitrator, a process which could take some time, which the league doesn't have, especially with players threatening not to attend camp Friday.

Paul is also considering further legal action against the league independently. It's an extremely messy situation in which the league seems to have underestimated the player and public reaction to, and something they need to resolve as quickly and quietly as possible.

According to the L.A. Times, the Lakers can't appeal to NBA office about Chris Paul trade block because the league considers the deal to have been nixed by the Hornets, not the NBA.

but...but THE NBA OWNS THE HORNETS!!!!! :? :roll:

all the players shouldn't report to camp...fuck david stern and butthurt danny gilbert
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I said team nixed a trade and the same team is owned by the league then there are too many fucking teams in the league. It's very hard to watch most of the teams play because of the piss poor watered down talent.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    468335967.jpg?Expires=1323454820&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=u0guGMR65CDPcTLIAIRAdRrjn35cXXMG8Lk3UMhj~tePScERKWM-r7LvmCp534ShUyR1RMp6zFAj~oZaAFdXfLZLNapJL6xuhkKkBxLHB9cdmxClNjBOy-pMLfByAFgWoPSELYVG1looZp6wI1DTEe-86aLHN-aYchNJujYdQa4_
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/733 ... -christmas

Remember what pissed us off most about LeBron picking Miami over New York? It wasn't just that he tried to stack the decks with a superteam; it's that he walked away from New York, the city with the most basketball fans, the city with the biggest spotlight, the city that would have either made him immortal or broken him in two. He didn't want it. He copped out. He could have picked loyalty (Cleveland) or immortality (New York); instead, he chose help (Miami). That killed us. We hated him for it. What was telling about Chris Paul's choice was that he eschewed the Clippers (a safer basketball situation for him; he would have been able to grow with Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin) for the Lakers (a much more volatile basketball situation with Kobe's miles and Bynum's knees) for the simple reason that he wanted to be a Laker.

For the right players, it's not about cities as much as teams, uniforms, histories, owners, fans, titles … and Chris Paul cares about the right things. He's the best teammate in the league. As much as it killed me that my least favorite team landed him, the "basketball fan" side of me loved it. Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant … together? Playing across the street from my office? How cool was that? I remember when KG landed on the Celtics, one of my Lakers-fan buddies told me, "I hate KG and I hate the Celtics, but this is going to be cool."

That's how I felt about Chris Paul and the Lakers. If you love basketball — if you truly love it — you appreciated what was happening. And it had nothing to do with the Washington Generals. Believe me.

Of course, that's not how December 8, 2011 will be remembered. Years from now, I won't remember anything about that day except for David Stern losing control of his own league. Once upon a time, it was reassuring to look there and expect to see him, and darn, he was there. It was kind of neat. Those days are long gone. The National Basketball Association has lost its way. I feel like crying.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I said team nixed a trade and the same team is owned by the league then there are too many fucking teams in the league. It's very hard to watch most of the teams play because of the piss poor watered down talent.

this league is an absolute joke. it would have been better off folding and starting over
    wow, for once simmons actually makes sense...bravo bill
  • What a crazy last 24 hours. Fuck Me Running!
    NERDS!
    What a crazy last 24 hours. Fuck Me Running!

gets better

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssport ... 4/33773743