The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Though the ink isn't dry, Tyson Chandler is signing with the Knicks.

Looking forward to watching NY this year...

* patiently waits for danny 'butthurt' gilbert's email to daddy stern ;)

No shit, right? Dan Gilbert is as much of dipshit as Stern is.

He's probably still crying over losing LeBron, a player he should've traded before his free agency anyway. Everyone knew LeBron was going anywhere but Cleveland.

GM's and franchises learned from that and are now trading their disenchanted players before getting shit on like Cleveland did.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited December 2011
    New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!
    https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/stat ... 3465248769

:|
    Post edited by norm on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what's the twitter say?

anyways....odom skips practice today....hey dumbass, it's not the first time a deal was called off for various reasons...get your ass to practice you big baby.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    what's the twitter say?

anyways....odom skips practice today....hey dumbass, it's not the first time a deal was called off for various reasons...get your ass to practice you big baby.

New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!
    81 wrote:
    what's the twitter say?

he showed up...90 minutes late...but yeah, his 'i'm hurt' crap is stupid...it's not show friends, it's show business lamar
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    what's the twitter say?

:crazy:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Anyone else think they should just axe like 10 of the teams out of the league? Then there wouldn't as much of this "small market vs big market" crap. I mean, does the world really need the Golden State Warriors anymore?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Anyone else think they should just axe like 10 of the teams out of the league? Then there wouldn't as much of this "small market vs big market" crap. I mean, does the world really need the Golden State Warriors anymore?

Golden State is going to turn it around soon enough with the new owners.

plus they have a title...

i think if you are going to cut teams, you have to look at teams that have never won anything
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Anyone else think they should just axe like 10 of the teams out of the league? Then there wouldn't as much of this "small market vs big market" crap. I mean, does the world really need the Golden State Warriors anymore?

Golden State is going to turn it around soon enough with the new owners.

plus they have a title...

i think if you are going to cut teams, you have to look at teams that have never won anything

like the knicks :D
    The Fixer wrote:
    like the knicks :D

:lol:

i would cut, in order these teams.

L.A. Clippers
    New Orleans
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    Minnesota
    Memphis
    Sacramento
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

L.A. Clippers
    New Orleans
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    Minnesota
    Memphis
    Sacramento

whoa now ... there are at least 10 teams with worse attendance numbers than the raps ... plus our team is downright shit ... at the moment ... but next year - we will have a high draft pick in a deep draft plus loads of money ...

we'll be contending in 2 years ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    edited December 2011
    81 wrote:

my wife's gossip rag magazine arrived today...the cover says lamar and khloe are "desperate for a baby"....gonna try in vitro. Khloe is NOT going to like nawlins! :lol:
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

L.A. Clippers
    New Orleans
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    Minnesota
    Memphis
    Sacramento

whoa now ... there are at least 10 teams with worse attendance numbers than the raps ... plus our team is downright shit ... at the moment ... but next year - we will have a high draft pick in a deep draft plus loads of money ...

you guys have done nothing in your 16 years....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

hey ... we were one shot away from the conference finals in 2001 ... ;)

either way ... it's all about attendance ... we are holding our own despite a shit ass team ... once the team starts to win again ... we will be up there ... heck, we drew better than hawks (and they made the playoffs) ... and we were pretty much the same as the pistons ...
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

L.A. Clippers
    New Orleans
    Charlotte
    Toronto
    Minnesota
    Memphis
    Sacramento

In terms of team success, yes, I would probably cut the Raptors first. In terms of revenue for the league and attendance... Toronto would be safer than some other teams.

Instead of cutting, what about relocating. Shit, send a team to Seattle, I bet that community would love to have a team again based upon their reaction to the Sonics being fucking completely stolen from them.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

either way ... it's all about attendance ... we are holding our own despite a shit ass team ... once the team starts to win again ... we will be up there ... heck, we drew better than hawks (and they made the playoffs) ... and we were pretty much the same as the pistons ...

Atlanta has a flaccid fan base. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

either way ... there is no argument to cut the raps ... team makes money ... does solid in attendance despite some poor management decisions ...

we had to suffer thru isiah, vince carter and chris bosh ... in fact, we should get a medal just for enduring those dufuses ... hahaha
    stern has a hard-on for the new orleans market...not quite sure why but i doubt he moves them

same with toronto

but they should contract about 5 teams
    norm wrote:
    stern has a hard-on for the new orleans market...

i think it had something to do with all the katria stuff and how the hornets would help the city recover. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

i had atlanta on my list....

i struggle with them...they have been around forever....i think i'd move them to OKC and move the thunder back to Seattle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    stern has a hard-on for the new orleans market...

i think it had something to do with all the katria stuff and how the hornets would help the city recover. :lol:

those people need homes not a fucking basketball team...is davey running a professional sports league or the red cross?
    polaris_x wrote:
    orlando used their amnesty clause on arenas

Magic will have to pay Arenas the difference between the winning bid for him & his $62.4M guarantee.

:shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Magic will have to pay Arenas the difference between the winning bid for him & his $62.4M guarantee.

somebody will pick him up for cheap....

but how far has he fallen..from average close to 30 with 6 dishes a game to barely being able to function on the court.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

somebody will pick him up for cheap....

but how far has he fallen..from average close to 30 with 6 dishes a game to barely being able to function on the court.

it just amazes me that he never has to play another single minute and will still get 62m...and will probably be broke in 5 years :lol:
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

at least it won't go against the cap! ... hahahaha

word is that he's looked good in exhibition games ... gonna try and pick him in the later rounds of my fantasy draft on monday ...
    norm wrote:
    and will probably be broke in 5 years :lol:

that will happen when you spend a million bucks on sharks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    So you guys think there is any chance the Chris Paul deal gets pushed through over the weekend? Maybe an extra draft pick thrown in for the Hornets or something? I still don't understand how this trade got nixed, probably the best deal they are going to get since they don't have any leverage. Better to trade him now than let him walk away and get nothing in return. Stern needs to retire.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley