The 2013-14 NBA season

1166167168169170172»

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    That blow-out has no bearing on LeBrons legacy IMO. Hell, he ONLY averaged just under 32 pt.s and shot around .57% and i think he lead the team in rebounds and ast. too. He did it all. What did he have in the last game? 31 pt.s 10 reb.s 5 ast. 2 stl.s and 1 TO, and he played point guard most of the game>LOL

I don't care how bad the Eastern Conference is, and it is, but to make 4 Finals in a row is impressive regardless.

Actually i think it was the media, not that it matters to his legacy on the court, who came up with "The Decision": ESPN.Though, he had to agree to do it. You do know he donated around 2.5 million to the Boys & Girls club where they had that circus?>LOL. Again, NONE of that has anything to do with his legacy on the court.

Great collection? Who besides LBJ, D-Wade & Bosh were great players? I think the rest of the team were no more then role players. Now, if they would've had Ray Allen in his PRIME?

I agree that the Heat team doesn't rank in the top 20 teams of all time. That's the TEAM and not LeBron James>LOL
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Jordan said it best...you dont run to other great players, they come to you when your top dog.

The whole "take my talents to south beach" fiasco just showed the world that he is immature and not the one calling the shots on his behalf. His entourage blows, and he shoulda had the balls and brains to realize how polarizing that was....spit in Cleveland's face on LIVE TV and the idiot did the announcement 15-20 miles from NYC...way to piss off the biggest market in the US off too.....foolish.

Then the introduction of the BIG 3...wow that was a lil over the top......then if Ray Allen doesnt hit that three after 10 other things went wrong for the Spurs and right for the Heat prior in Game 6 last yr...and lets say both these teams made it this yr to the Finals and the results were the same....thas 1-4 record in finals opposed to 2-3 which still kinda sux...but 1-4...thats pretty shitty. Lebron didnt play well in last yrs finals until game 7 which never should have been played....so he played great in this yrs finals...good for you Lebron, thats what your suppose to do.Team still got smoked.

We all know Wade will opt in for 20mil...he has no options...I suppose Bosh and Lebron will do the same.....it will be fun to see the shitty squads they play with the next 5 yrs after they are cash strapped....Micky Arison isnt Prokhorov in Brooklyn...he wont touch that luxury Tax
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    should be an interesting draft.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    McDermott traded to the Bulls
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Do the new owners of the Milwaukee Bucks spend a lot of time sniffing glue in the back parking lot?
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    Jason P said:

Do the new owners of the Milwaukee Bucks spend a lot of time sniffing glue in the back parking lot?

:)) Yes.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm not gonna link it because it's just too gruesome but paul george's injury.... :-&
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    norm said:

i'm not gonna link it because it's just too gruesome but paul george's injury.... :-&

That is disgusting
    Damn .... I guess the Pacers should have given Crazy Ass Lance the money in retrospect. Hopefully he can come back from that injury, but that was a bad one.

The Pacers are pretty much screwed next season.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,770
    Good on the Spurs. I liked Becky Hammon on the Liberty.
    I miss igotid88
    Kevin Love is taking his talents to Lake Erie ... where he can probably look forward to tearing his ACL in the preseason. Cause it's Cleveland.

espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11320537/kevin-love-trade-cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-agreement-place
  • Greg Oden making headlines again -- and not for his ridiculously crappy NBA career or his giant schlong -- for joining the long list of people who should have their hands cut off.

espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11320319/former-top-pick-greg-oden-arrested-misdemeanor-battery-charges

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Jason P said:

Kevin Love is taking his talents to Lake Erie ... where he can probably look forward to tearing his ACL in the preseason. Cause it's Cleveland.

espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11320537/kevin-love-trade-cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-agreement-place

so the wolves get 2 1st overall picks and a 1st rounder next year for LOve. the good news is that as a raptors fan, we only have to wait 4 years till Wiggins is a raptor.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    which way does she go?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive said:

which way does she go?
    why does that matter?
    Another summer of Lebron.....fucking narcistic douche

Watch his lil homecoming speech... U got your ass kicked in the finals, Ray Allen saved your ass from being 1-4 in finals.

I hope San Antonio bitch slaps u again next yr....again

And I hope Wiggins turns into a great great player
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    CROJAM95 said:

What did Lebron do wrong this summer? I'm no big fan of his at all, but the guy did nothing wrong with free agency. The media blew things wayyyyyy out of proportion. The way he handled going to Miami was a joke, but all he did here was sign with Cleveland...not sure what the big deal is.

CROJAM95 said:

What did Lebron do wrong this summer? I'm no big fan of his at all, but the guy did nothing wrong with free agency. The media blew things wayyyyyy out of proportion. The way he handled going to Miami was a joke, but all he did here was sign with Cleveland...not sure what the big deal is.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLi6LkPIfw

His lil homecoming speech at some event, the way he drops the mic..... ME ME ME

Ooooo he missed all y'all ..... This guy is so needy for attention. He left Miami cause the roster was old and shitty....if Cleveland miraculously didn't get the #1 pick 3 outta the 4 years he was gone, (rigged by nba) and use one of those pics to get Kevin Love to help this supposed 2nd coming of Jordan....he wouldn't have left. Plus the east blows so bad...I don't care if he wins 5 in a row I'll always look at him as an athletic freak, not a cerebral master like Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem the Dream, Even Kobe who was a flat out assassin as it also pains me to say cause he's a jackass.

I even think Dirk Nowitzki achievement of winning a title in Dallas and helping that team go from a joke to champions is more impressive than Lebrons career....yes I realize Lebron is a better all around player, but Dirk has that something special inside that Lebron needs from other superstars to carry the load for him. 2013 finals he had 6 shitty games, then had one good one in game 7 from a dejected Spurs team that saw a title ripped away by Bron Brons bitch Ray Allen. When did you see Jordan, Magic, Duncan play so bad in a series and still be considered best in the league.

My point is you can take this guys effectiveness away vs a good coach (Pop, Carlisle) and a tough team. Jordan might have an off night, but you better watch yourself the following night.

Jordan sleeps well at night knowing the hype machine is just that. How many more titles would Duncan and the spurs have if they were in the east??? Prob like 8-9 no bullshit.

Cleveland and him deserve each other ..... Losers tend to roll together

Everyone praises his letter when he went back to Cleveland... It's clear now, as it should have been then....he didn't write it. The whole PR machine with his dumb advisors is all too calculated, now he's a hero. Even during the finals he was interviewed by Stephen A Smith and he talked about how he is the most hated guy in sports??? Wtf is that about....just play man, why even worry, talk about that...especially in the midst of the Finals vs a terrific team.

I'd love to see him lose some more finals and just see his brand go to shit.....all he cares about is his brand.

Trading Wiggins I feel will haunt them, why not keep him and play a season with that roster and then next summer go after a guy like Marc Gasol? It makes so much more sense..... Plus I think this team needs a year together and possibly another Derrick Rose injury ( hope not, like the Gasol move and he looks great this offseason) to get to a finals. Kevin Love is good but there some alarming things to his game, no defense and he was in Minnesota and they couldn't get to the playoffs one fucking year? Lebron is 100% GM in Cleveland...if it don't work out I blame him.