The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Was listening to The BS Report w/ Bill Simmons and it seemed to be the collective opinion of everyone on the show that Stern should resign.

He's been commish so long, when we look back at his tenure, has he done more good or bad?

Seems within the last 10 years or so, there have been some rather unattractive things added to Stern's resume.

yeah ... i think players and fans would like to see stern go but he's likely got pictures of owners with sheep or something ... in any case - i always felt a commissioner should represent the interests of the game in conjunction with the owners and players ... sort of like a speaker of the house ...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Was listening to The BS Report w/ Bill Simmons and it seemed to be the collective opinion of everyone on the show that Stern should resign.

He's been commish so long, when we look back at his tenure, has he done more good or bad?

Seems within the last 10 years or so, there have been some rather unattractive things added to Stern's resume.

yeah ... i think players and fans would like to see stern go but he's likely got pictures of owners with sheep or something ... in any case - i always felt a commissioner should represent the interests of the game in conjunction with the owners and players ... sort of like a speaker of the house ...

I agree on your feelings of a commissioner's responsibilities. Interests of the game should always be a main priority, after all... that's what is the center of the business. I think Stern helped the game grow from the 80's into the 90's and throughout (however I was a lot younger and not understanding of the ins and outs back then and I could be mislead)

I'm slowly transitioning into college hoops to hold me over. That and the Hardwood Classics on NBATV. Last night I watched the Duke vs. Michigan State game that I had on my DVR. Man, it felt good to watch some hoops that I didn't know what the outcome was (a small disadvantage to watching Hardwood Classic games).

Planning on buying some tickets when for when Utah hosts Arizona in January. Arizona will most likely win. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    players need some cash ... i propose this ...

3 on 3 tournament weekend ... 32 teams of 4 ... 8 divisions ... round robin format ... top 2 teams advance and so on ... revenue generated through sponsorship, tv contract and spectator fees plus merchandise ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    dcfaithful wrote:
    (however I was a lot younger and not understanding of the ins and outs back then and I could be mislead)

Planning on buying some tickets when for when Utah hosts Arizona in January. Arizona will most likely win. :lol:
    2 things:

you can still be mislead :lol:

and...."Arizona will most likely win"? dude....it's a lock.....the utes are atrocious :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    (however I was a lot younger and not understanding of the ins and outs back then and I could be mislead)

2 things:

you can still be mislead :lol:

and...."Arizona will most likely win"? dude....it's a lock.....the utes are atrocious :cry:

As an answer that is applicable to both statements you made:

I have hope and try to remain optimistic at all times, it makes for a better life as a person, and a sports fan. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Check out how much Dr. J's ring went for.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwba ... ction-ever
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... nds-112611

please let this be the end of it.

:clap:
    www.myspace.com
    2 game exhibition with season starting christmas day ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    2 game exhibition with season starting christmas day ...

pretty sweet christmas day slate too

despite all this nonsense, 66 games is perfect.
    www.myspace.com

so which players committed to overseas? ... i think a few signed with full year commitments ...
    polaris_x wrote:

so which players committed to overseas? ... i think a few signed with full year commitments ...

no way. they had to have a clause that would let them out when the lockout ended right?
    www.myspace.com
    no way. they had to have a clause that would let them out when the lockout ended right?

i'm pretty sure wilson chandler signed a deal with no out clause ... not sure about everyone else ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so december 9th is the earliest dwight howard can come to the lakers, huh? ;):lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Chandler has no out. China said no contrat unless you commit to full season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

:lol:

he's got an awesome agent :lol:
    Dallas/Miami Christmas day. Another chance for Lebron to choke on national television.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

he's got an awesome agent :lol:
    norm wrote:
    so december 9th is the earliest dwight howard can come to the lakers, huh? ;):lol:
    fuck the lakers ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The NBA is back to play the remaining 75% of the season. Which is perfect for LeBron James because he only plays 3 quarters anyway.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The NBA is back to play the remaining 75% of the season. Which is perfect for LeBron James because he only plays 3 quarters anyway.

ba dum dum....ching
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm pretty sure wilson chandler signed a deal with no out clause ... not sure about everyone else ...

I think Deron Williams has a clause to return. If I remember right, he was also the first player to sign overseas.

Christmas Day is looking to be even better.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    i read there is a clause that allows each team to exit out of one contract ... :shock:

i'm looking at you jose calderon ... :lol:
    these dumb fucks are being greedy....again....big surprise :roll:

you lose two months and you only cut 16 games? a 50 game season would have made more sense.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The NBA is back to play the remaining 75% of the season. Which is perfect for LeBron James because he only plays 3 quarters anyway.

ba dum dum....ching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE

?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:

you lose two months and you only cut 16 games? a 50 game season would have made more sense.

i say play all 82 :lol:

i'm ok with 66...will be curious who the schedule shapes up with the the back to back to back games.

should favor teams that have been together for a while. SA might not actually fizzle out in the first round this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i say play all 82 :lol:

i'm ok with 66...will be curious who the schedule shapes up with the the back to back to back games.

should favor teams that have been together for a while. SA might not actually fizzle out in the first round this year.

i don't see how that is being greedy. i look at it like all those concession workers, security guards, maintenance guys, parking guys, etc etc etc have 16 more games to get paid.

as a sixers fan, i think the lockout really hurts a team like mine. these young bucks needed all the off season work together they could have gotten.............also the sixers are always on an extended road trip around christmas due to some ice capades show at the corestates center. so they will have something like their first 7 games on the road. i'm sure that will work out just fine. :x :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    as a sixers fan, i think the lockout really hurts a team like mine. these young bucks needed all the off season work together they could have gotten.............

I might say the same for the Jazz. We've got some more seasoned guys, but we're in the middle of re-building, and we could use all the off-season time we could get for our new coach to get comfortable and our players to create some chemistry, along with the coaching staff.

Barring an unexpected burst of productivity and efficiency, I think we'll be looking at another playoff-less season. Oh well, I'm just happy that this is closer to being back on track. I'm really excited about the triple-header on Christmas morning.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    fuck the lakers ;)

Can't emphasize this enough.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    as a sixers fan, i think the lockout really hurts a team like mine. these young bucks needed all the off season work together they could have gotten.............also the sixers are always on an extended road trip around christmas due to some ice capades show at the corestates center. so they will have something like their first 7 games on the road. i'm sure that will work out just fine. :x :roll:

there are a bunch of teams that worked out together in the off season ... i think the thunder is one of them ... those guys will have a head start no doubt ...