The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hopefully, the extra time off allowed Boozer to get healthy and Noah to work on his tornado shot again with a healthy hand

gonna be a fun season in chi town.

any word on when the schedule comes out?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I hope Dallas brings Tyson Chandler back. He says he wants to come back, but said with the deal, it would be almost impossible for him to return.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    imalive wrote:
    these dumb fucks are being greedy....again....big surprise :roll:

you lose two months and you only cut 16 games? a 50 game season would have made more sense.

i don't see how that is being greedy. i look at it like all those concession workers, security guards, maintenance guys, parking guys, etc etc etc have 16 more games to get paid.

it is a good thing for the "little guy"......but I seriously doubt david stern or the players give two fucks about the little guy :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

you lose two months and you only cut 16 games? a 50 game season would have made more sense.

i don't see how that is being greedy. i look at it like all those concession workers, security guards, maintenance guys, parking guys, etc etc etc have 16 more games to get paid.

it is a good thing for the "little guy"......but I seriously doubt david stern or the players give two fucks about the little guy :x

other then a little lip service...they could care less about the little guy or the middle guy....they care about one thing and that's their own bank account
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

isn't it good for the thousands of "little" fans who still care about the league too? i'd think more games makes everyone happy. :?
    www.myspace.com
    isn't it good for the thousands of "little" fans who still care about the league too?

only for the tickets/beer/league authorized goods that they purchase.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    isn't it good for the thousands of "little" fans who still care about the league too?

well they are running a business right? :lol:

and as a fan, i'd much rather 66 games over 50. call me crazy. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Yes! The season is on!!

Now wake me up when the conference semi-finals start.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    81 wrote:

i'm all for the 66 game season. not a big fan of the 3 games in three nights, but i can deal with it.

should be fun to see what D. Rose worked on this summer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm all for the 66 game season. not a big fan of the 3 games in three nights, but i can deal with it.

should be fun to see what D. Rose worked on this summer.

i love 3 games in 3 nights. level playing field for all teams.

i'm also gonna love betting against that team on said 3rd night going up against a fresher squad. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    i'm also gonna love betting against that team on said 3rd night going up against a fresher squad. :mrgreen:

no doubt about that...unless the line is crazy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm bittersweet about this. Always loved the NBA but this nonsense has curbed my interest substantially. I'm worried about the Cs but also think the layoff might help keep those old legs fresh compared to other years.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'm bittersweet about this. Always loved the NBA but this nonsense has curbed my interest substantially. I'm worried about the Cs but also think the layoff might help keep those old legs fresh compared to other years.

other than the 3 in 3, the shorter season should favor the older teams and teams that have been together for a few seasons.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I'm bittersweet about this. Always loved the NBA but this nonsense has curbed my interest substantially. I'm worried about the Cs but also think the layoff might help keep those old legs fresh compared to other years.

other than the 3 in 3, the shorter season should favor the older teams and teams that have been together for a few seasons.
    And we need to talk Shaq out of retirement. Hopefully he hasn't been eating cookies and drinking craft beers the last 3 months.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:

And we need to talk Shaq out of retirement. Hopefully he hasn't been eating cookies and drinking craft beers the last 3 months.

really? you want shaq back. really?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Whats the alternative 81? We got nobody in the middle now that we're sans Perkins. I still think Shaq gives good minutes when healthy.
    Whats the alternative 81? We got nobody in the middle now that we're sans Perkins. I still think Shaq gives good minutes when healthy.

Nene and Chandler are both FA's although it sounds like they both want to return to their teams...

Eddie Curry? :lol:

We have to see who gets cut under the amnesty rules, but somebody has to come availabe that is better than a washed up shaq

shaq would be a last last resort. dude can barely move side to side anymore and seems to miss more games with injuries than he plays in...plus there is that whole TNT thing. i doubt he comes back.

few other options for you to ponder

Aaron Gray
    Greg Oden (restricted)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Agreed. Definitely good situation for the Celtics, Mavericks, Spurs, and Lakers ( :sick: ), who all have older teams.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    So just getting to reading about the deal now. Essentially nothing has changed in the deal since a few weeks/months ago? Owners are getting more of the BRI that they wanted, players are keeping more than 50% which they wanted. This couldn't have been settled in July?

Edit: Basically there is zero improvement to a terrible product and all that came out of this was owners making more money?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So just getting to reading about the deal now. Essentially nothing has changed in the deal since a few weeks/months ago? Owners are getting more of the BRI that they wanted, players are keeping more than 50% which they wanted. This couldn't have been settled in July?

Edit: Basically there is zero improvement to a terrible product and all that came out of this was owners making more money?

if the union decerted in july - there would have been a full season ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

if the union decerted in july - there would have been a full season ...

Yeah, I guess so. I am not the biggest NBA fan anymore, just because of how shitty the product is, and they had a chance to make some big changes and improve the product and all that happened was the owners get more money. Jesus.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, I guess so. I am not the biggest NBA fan anymore, just because of how shitty the product is, and they had a chance to make some big changes and improve the product and all that happened was the owners get more money. Jesus.

the nba must have a committee similar to the nhl that looks to make changes to improve the product?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hey, as long as the season ends with this, I'm a happy fuckin' camper:

lebron%2Bjames%2Bcrying.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    if these hosers think they are gonna get out of their contracts ... i think they are gonna have another thing coming to them ...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl ... ers_112811

this is china here ... the poster child for human rights abuse in the world and yet not a single country dare do anything about it ... i'm pretty sure they aren't gonna let these nba players walk ...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I hope so, I'm coming from the UK to Washington DC for new years week, would like to catch an NBA game
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Hey, as long as the season ends with this, I'm a happy fuckin' camper:

lebron%2Bjames%2Bcrying.jpg
    :thumbup: :clap:
    Brisk. wrote:
    I hope so, I'm coming from the UK to Washington DC for new years week, would like to catch an NBA game

hopefully somebody decent is in town visiting the Bullets....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    i've always loved College hoops over the NBA & the latest bullshit has reinforced this even more. i just don't care about the NBA anymore.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Can't wait for another season of loving LeBron...hopefully this year he dunks on the hate.
  • IMO, don't cut him yet. Let him play out the season and see what he can bring. I mean you still have to pay the guy!

:(

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... et_to.html
    NERDS!