the big O 8.8
    Jerry West 9.4
    Kobe 7.6
    Adrian Dantley 8.7
    AI 8.9
    Rose 4.8
    Wade 9.1
    LeBron 8.9
    McGrady 5.8 (toss out the last 4 seasons and he was at 6.5)

btw, Jordan....8.2 for his career...

as for your magical 30pts per game....

losts of players avg. +30 per season before Jordan.

all that said...i still think the nba refs are the worst

as for Garrnet being traded....it's not like he was traded for a box of rocks

July 31, 2007: Traded by the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Boston Celtics for Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, a 2009 1st round draft pick (Wayne Ellington) and a 2009 1st round draft pick (Jonny Flynn).

same for Gasol
    February 1, 2008: Traded by the Memphis Grizzlies with a 2010 2nd round draft pick (Devin Ebanks) to the Los Angeles Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol, a 2008 1st round draft pick (Donte Greene) and a 2010 1st round draft pick (Greivis Vasquez).

Obviously you didn't follow the NBA like I did at the time. Teams were offering the house for Pau Gasol but they refused to trade him, then Memphis GM Jerry West (former Laker player and GM who is a true diehard Laker) said yes to a Kwame Brown deal which sent one of the best 7 footers in the league to the Lakers :lol: . Guess who sent Kevin Garnett to the Celtics........Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale :lol: . Believe me it was rigged.

All the people you speak of scoring 30 a game probably shot a good percentage from the field. Iverson, McGrady and the rapist shot what...between 38 and 44 percent from the field. Yeah the league tried to make those guys Jordan. Even changed the rules on hand checking so you couldn't gaurd them. The league sucks now, it should go under and they should start up a new one. It's been ruined.
    Kwame Brown :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    can someone explain to me how decertifying the union would be a good thing for the players? if they do that, then what? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    imalive wrote:
    can someone explain to me how decertifying the union would be a good thing for the players? if they do that, then what? :?

right now the owners have all the leverage because they are part of a collective bargaining agreement which voids anti-trust laws ... by decertifying the union - the players (lawyers) would then file anti-trust filings and gain significant leverage ...

an example would be if all grocery stores got together and said they would only pay $8 an hr for cashiers ... that is against competitive laws right now ... so, things like the salary cap would violate anti-trust laws ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:

right now the owners have all the leverage because they are part of a collective bargaining agreement which voids anti-trust laws ... by decertifying the union - the players (lawyers) would then file anti-trust filings and gain significant leverage ...

an example would be if all grocery stores got together and said they would only pay $8 an hr for cashiers ... that is against competitive laws right now ... so, things like the salary cap would violate anti-trust laws ...

For those that are interested, here's the next proposal:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba ... 1-2011.pdf

And tonight the NBA held a twitter view and players such as Wade and Spencer Hawes and Chris Paul chimed in:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/33285984

Even got a Pearl Jam reference as one of my NBA writer friends re-tweeted me. I was listening to tonight's show when it happened.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    seems like it's a tough call on if they accept...soudns like tommorrow is a huge day

cross your fingers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if they are on schedule, player reps have been meeting for an hour now.......

i was confident before, but my confidence is slipping....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    if they are on schedule, player reps have been meeting for an hour now.......

i was confident before, but my confidence is slipping....

i'm on the players side in this case ... they should reject that deal ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:

thanks ;) ...that makes sense.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    players reject offer...looking into desertification
    cancel the season and be done with it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if this all plays out, there will be no season
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    cancel the season and be done with it.

This. Quite trying to salvage anything and just cancel the season.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I haven't really been following this so someone confirm this for me: The players are the dumbasses here right?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I haven't really been following this so someone confirm this for me: The players are the dumbasses here right?

i'd take the money...

but they are so anti hard salary cap....oh no....i gotta go play for the bobcats instead of ny..damn, what am i going to do with my $3M dollars :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I haven't really been following this so someone confirm this for me: The players are the dumbasses here right?

i would say in the grand scheme of things no ... the owners i would say are not really negotiating in good faith ... they are using selective numbers to try and set a deal that isn't really fair to the players ... by accepting this deal, they are costing players in the future significant amounts of money and freedom ...

players have made major concessions in the negotiations but owners are basically being pricks ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

i would say in the grand scheme of things no ... the owners i would say are not really negotiating in good faith ... they are using selective numbers to try and set a deal that isn't really fair to the players ... by accepting this deal, they are costing players in the future significant amounts of money and freedom ...

players have made major concessions in the negotiations but owners are basically being pricks ...

They are all being dumbasses here. It just boggles my mind that they waited so long to start the real negotiating. These rich assholes should have been negotiating all summer to avoid this....now it looks like the season is going to be lost and they will lose all the momentum that was built up after last year....so fucking dumb on both sides.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    I was all types of wrong a couple weeks ago. Actually saw some Sixers reps this weekend, was drunk and have no recollection of what they said aside from the fact they are making no money at all. That blows.
    They are all being dumbasses here. It just boggles my mind that they waited so long to start the real negotiating. These rich assholes should have been negotiating all summer to avoid this....now it looks like the season is going to be lost and they will lose all the momentum that was built up after last year....so fucking dumb on both sides.

i disagree ... if you look at the previous agreement and the one put forth now ... it's basically been primarily all concessions on the players side ... it had to go this route because the owners primary leverage point is cash ... they felt that as soon as players started losing pay checks - that is when the union would capitulate ... and in many respects they have considerably ... the owners are the ones to blame here ... they've already won in these negotiations but they are choosing to annihilate ...
  • Listening to Stern here, I think the players fucked up. 50/50 with no hard cap and guaranteed contracts seems like as good a deal as any.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Listening to Stern here, I think the players fucked up. 50/50 with no hard cap and guaranteed contracts seems like as good a deal as any.

That's kind of what I was thinking...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    50/50 isn't really fair to begin with because that money is generated by the players ... no one pays to see owners ... no one is buying jerseys with STERN on the back ...

also - there is a cap ... with the concessions to the luxury tax - it essentially becomes a hard cap ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    50/50 isn't really fair to begin with because that money is generated by the players ... no one pays to see owners ... no one is buying jerseys with STERN on the back ...

also - there is a cap ... with the concessions to the luxury tax - it essentially becomes a hard cap ...

on the flip side, without the owners investing in all the infastructure and organizing everything...there is no league.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    did the NHL players de-certify when hockey lost a season, a few years back? I didn't follow that one very closely but I do know the players got hosed badly after the lost season. will this be the same? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    did the NHL players de-certify when hockey lost a season, a few years back? I didn't follow that one very closely but I do know the players got hosed badly after the lost season. will this be the same? :?

i don't believe they did....i believe the NFL was the first to broach the topic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_x wrote:

The system had to change....2/3 of teams were losing money in the old system.

My main issue is that they weren't working all summer to avoid this like the NFL did....the amount of time with no activity is absolutely ridiculous.
  • polaris_x wrote:

The system had to change....2/3 of teams were losing money in the old system.

My main issue is that they weren't working all summer to avoid this like the NFL did....the amount of time with no activity is absolutely ridiculous.

Solution, lose the 2/3 of the teams. About 5% of the country watches basketball. The league is way over saturated. Why would you pay to see a bunch of over payed, under performing athletes. The sooner the NBA realizes its product is not as huge in the US anymore the better. Get rid of these teams and proceed with a quality product....Best example is the fact that teams that are not even close to the .500 mark make the playoffs. That should be the red flag......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    As a hockey fan, losing a season sucked, but it was a necessary evil. From a standpoint of a small market team fan, it was crucial the owners held their line. They put in a salary cap and revenue sharing. The Calgary Flames can now spend as much as the NY Rangers. As a result, the league has grown, and player salaries have grown with the revenue.

The NBA is in a similar place. These guys make too much money for the amounts coming in. A league where 2/3 of the teams bleed money is going to fail.

Its just a matter of when the players buckle. The owners here can last a hell of a lot longer than the players (as in forever).
    MayDay10 wrote:
    As a hockey fan, losing a season sucked, but it was a necessary evil. From a standpoint of a small market team fan, it was crucial the owners held their line. They put in a salary cap and revenue sharing. The Calgary Flames can now spend as much as the NY Rangers. As a result, the league has grown, and player salaries have grown with the revenue.

and that deal is up after this year.

hopefully they are smart about it, and both sides see the system is working...or i least i hope it is working and both sides are happy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    yeah, thats a worry. Especially since the players hired that parasite from the MLBPA.

They should keep the current system and fine-tune it mutually. Start now.
  • Solution, lose the 2/3 of the teams. About 5% of the country watches basketball. The league is way over saturated. Why would you pay to see a bunch of over payed, under performing athletes. The sooner the NBA realizes its product is not as huge in the US anymore the better. Get rid of these teams and proceed with a quality product....Best example is the fact that teams that are not even close to the .500 mark make the playoffs. That should be the red flag......

I don't know about losing 2/3 of the teams, but contraction is definitely something that needs to be seriously considered. Or at least relocation of a few teams...