NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't care what anybody says, but of all the hockey barns i've been too (chicago, columubs, detroit & philly), the Joe is my favorite. always a good time, even with a flyers jersey on.

it's one of the few places left that the seating was built for the common fan and not the executive suite fan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I understand using head-to-head records to determine tiebreakers, I really do. But it still baffles me that wins aren't the first and foremost category to break the tie. I'm really not complaining, as I prefer Pittsburgh to play Tampa Bay, but it's hilarious that the Pens had the same number of points with a couple of more wins as the Flyers yet Philly gets the two seed.

you'd rather play tampa than buffalo??

Absolutely. It's all about goaltending in the playoffs and I'd rather face Roloson/Smith ($20 says they make a switch during the series) than Miller in a series any day.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    it is wins. the shootout wins are just discounted

Yep. Not sure how I missed that. Looks like that's "New for 2010-2011" according to NHL.com. :roll:
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    We're old but GO WINGS!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    81 wrote:
    i don't care what anybody says, but of all the hockey barns i've been too (chicago, columubs, detroit & philly), the Joe is my favorite. always a good time, even with a flyers jersey on.

it's one of the few places left that the seating was built for the common fan and not the executive suite fan.

Yeah. The suites are at the top of the arena instead of between the 100 and 200 levels. I sit in the nosebleeds all the time, and they are great seats. The bathrooms are my only complaint. All the overweight sports writers hate the stairs. I once helped a drunk Canucks fan down the stairs out of the arena after a game. I was afraid he was going to fall down them and die if left to his own devices.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah. The suites are at the top of the arena instead of between the 100 and 200 levels. I sit in the nosebleeds all the time, and they are great seats. The bathrooms are my only complaint. All the overweight sports writers hate the stairs. I once helped a drunk Canucks fan down the stairs out of the arena after a game. I was afraid he was going to fall down them and die if left to his own devices.

i'm cheaper than that. i'd get the standing room only tickets. great bang for the buck ticket, even if you don't get a seat :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    81 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm cheaper than that. i'd get the standing room only tickets. great bang for the buck ticket, even if you don't get a seat :lol:

I've done the standing room thing before. There are always at least some season ticket holders that don't make it to the game, and you can try and snipe their seats. I've only been caught sneaking down once. It was actually about a week or so ago against the Blues. My friend and I were a little too obvious, and the usher sent us back. Funny enough, the Wings lost that game 10-3.

I understand it's a pain in the ass for the ushers when someone is sitting in someone else's seat. But when it's the 2nd or 3rd period, the game is a sell out, and the seats are clearly not in use, I don't see the big deal.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    at Maple Leaf Garden, if you had standing room, the ushers would find seats for you late in the 1st period
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 wrote:
    at Maple Leaf Garden, if you had standing room, the ushers would find seats for you late in the 1st period

Canadians are so nice :thumbup:
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    MayDay10 wrote:

Even as a Sabres fan, I miss that place. The ACC sucks. Maple Leaf Garden was the last arena to conform to the new regulations concerning the dimensions of the ice.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    it looks like I am going to games 1, 2, and 6 in the Buffalo/Philly series.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    it looks like I am going to games 1, 2, and 6 in the Buffalo/Philly series.

That's awesome. I went to game 5 against Boston last year and I can honestly say it was one of the best games I've ever been too. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun. I'm going to do my damnest to make it to the block party before the game, but I don't think I"ll be able to finance what it takes to make it to one this year. I'm just as happy on my coach at home anyways.

Go Sabres!!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

I find it hard to believe that anything is better than MSG.

I've only been to 4 current arenas for hockey. philly, MSG, florida, DC
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've been to the Aud, HSBC, The Spectrum, and The Joe. Call me a homer. . . I love HSBC.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

could be...but i've not been to MSG and i don't do well with asbestos. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

could be...but i've not been to MSG and i don't do well with asbestos. :P

Sorry bud..they are fixing it up..the asbestos is long gone

But iam gonna miss the old setup...this new stadium seating is gonna blow ass

But the walkway over the ice should be cool
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I still don't understand the walkway. How are they going to keep assholes like me from spitting loogies onto the ice?
    Big Drop wrote:

I still don't understand the walkway. How are they going to keep assholes like me from spitting loogies onto the ice?

Or assholes like me from picking up people like 81 and flinging him over :lol:

No it's gonna be completely covered...I guess like a tube
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Big Drop wrote:

No it's gonna be completely covered...I guess like a tube

Ahhhh that makes a lot more sense. I think it'll be really neat. Sort of teaching an old dog a new trick, if you will. Should be interesting to see if other arenas follow suit.
    We shall see..I know MSG needed a fix up..but I just know every inch of the arena as is and I'm gonna miss the old barn
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Big Drop wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've been to the Aud, HSBC, The Spectrum, and The Joe. Call me a homer. . . I love HSBC.

that's why I said 'current arenas'. I have been to a bunch of buildings that have been replaced.

Nothing compares to MSG
    We shall see..I know MSG needed a fix up..but I just know every inch of the arena as is and I'm gonna miss the old barn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMek-f4dqY

you are off the christmas card list :evil:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    81 wrote:

you are off the christmas card list :evil:

im jewish....

well not really :lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    haffajappa wrote:
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait until Wednesday night.

Let's go Blackhawks!
  • coastercoaster Posts: 24
    Vancouver baby!!! This is gonna be an intense series. Will be so sweet to finaly knock of the Hawks. I can't handle three years in a row. Best time of the year
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    coaster wrote:
    Vancouver baby!!! This is gonna be an intense series. Will be so sweet to finaly knock of the Hawks. I can't handle three years in a row. Best time of the year
    OHMYGOSH.
    thats what I said...
    if we cough it up to them again I will drown in sorrow...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I sure hope you're not talking about Howard the Duck because he's a sieve, healthy or not.

When did this phrase become so popular? I had to look up what a fucking sieve was. I've seen it use a lot lately but I figured it was just a word all the l33t haxorz were using. It just kept being used by all the angry fan boys on facebook though.

Back in my day we used to say Swiss Cheese. . . why are these hockey fans spending enough time in the kitchen that they know what a sieve is?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    caps vs rags- rags in 6
    flyers vs sabers- sabers in 5
    bruins vs habs- habs in 7
    pens vs bolts - bolts in 6

sabers vs rags- sabers in 6
    habs vs bolts- bolts in 7

sabers vs bolts- sabers in 5

nucks vs hawks- nucks in 6
    sharks vs kings- sharks in 5
    red wings vs coyotes- red wings in 4