NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Found a picture of the girl's face who flashed Eager
    vancouver-canucks-boob-flasher-gal-face.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Haha

Works like a charm. I've got the b's in all my hockey pools. I did a nice rant after they started 0-2 against the Habs.

Felt like it was a good time to throw one out against Thomas.
    jimed14 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    thomas has not looked good all playoffs ... he's just out of position all the time and scrambling ...

You were saying?

:thumbup:

I mean, he did have a 50+ save effort vs. the Flyers so it's tough to say he hasn't looked good all playoffs ... inconsistent, perhaps ... but at times, fantastic bordering on phenomenal.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Let's go Vancouver!
    Let's stay composed and continue to let them be the idiots ... please please please don't do anything stupid (*cough, torres, *cough)

GO CANUCKS GO!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    i'm liking all the canadian singing!
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoping this brings some luck... because we could use it right now :shock:
    wtf happened
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but instead of Phoenix moving back to Winnipeg, it looks like the Thrashers will be going. This would probably bump the Wild over to the Central Division, and one of the Central teams will go East. Nashville might just take Atlanta's spot in the Southeast.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but instead of Phoenix moving back to Winnipeg, it looks like the Thrashers will be going. This would probably bump the Wild over to the Central Division, and one of the Central teams will go East. Nashville might just take Atlanta's spot in the Southeast.

if atlanta does move to winnipeg, the 'jets' will be playing in the s/e for the 2011-12 season. that's the rumour, anyways. then for the 12/13 ssn all hell will break loose with teams being moved.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    MFCarissa wrote:

if atlanta does move to winnipeg, the 'jets' will be playing in the s/e for the 2011-12 season. that's the rumour, anyways. then for the 12/13 ssn all hell will break loose with teams being moved.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Pretty inconvenient. I guess the NHL drafted up 2 different schedules for each scenario. It's going to be a clusterfuck at first. Phoenix (Glendale) really needs to stop postponing the inevitable though. Maybe they'll finally move by next season, and realignment won't be necessary after all.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Bulls!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If the Thrashers move and the NHL starts to realign the divisions, why not bring back the super cool division names like Norris, Smythe, etc?

Unfortunately, I'm guessing if names did change, our fearless leader Gary Bettman would console the Big 10 for division names (Leaders / Legends anybody?) ....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i dunno about that boarding call there ... it's like you can't hit anyone these days ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Just checked the standings of the espn playoff pool. That was easy. thanks for playing ladies
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just checked the standings of the espn playoff pool. That was easy. thanks for playing ladies

It ain't over yet chump. ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yes it is. being the only one with luongo assures that.

you're all welcome for my choice of boucher in round 2 so you could have a glimmer of hope.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    will the stanley cup finals be televised nationally this year? might want to check out a game or two...
    www.myspace.com
  • will the stanley cup finals be televised nationally this year? might want to check out a game or two...

They are always televised nationally in Canuckland.
    will the stanley cup finals be televised nationally this year? might want to check out a game or two...

yes. and people won't have to wait a week between games like some other crap leagues (both of which could fold)
    The Fixer wrote:

yes. and people won't have to wait a week between games like some other crap leagues (both of which could fold)

nice. is it nbc again?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nice. is it nbc again?

honestly I have no idea. nbc/vs...does it really matter? it's on cable. I don't live in bumblefuck, arkansas. I will find the games

today's game was great. nice to see gagne get the game winner. and it's always good to see boston lose, regardless of the sport :D

is that edmonton?
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

is that edmonton?

Sarcasm, yes/no...just in case it isn't...that is a nickname for us Canadians. I am not sure how it got started..
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yes it is. being the only one with luongo assures that.

you're all welcome for my choice of boucher in round 2 so you could have a glimmer of hope.

Sorry Fixer but you are still wrong. You are up 6 pts right now and while it is likely that you will hang on to win, it is not a sure thing. The current lineups not only run through the conference finals but the Stanley Cup Final as well. Goalies get 2 pts per win and 1 for a shutout. If Tampa Bay and Vancouver end up in the final, you could still lose. If TB wins and Vancouver loses, you could lose. Not to mention you and I have 5 other different players in our lineups so if mine outscore yours between now and when the cup is raised, you will lose.
    It's ok...I can understand how for a Flyers fan, being so close to a championship in anything can make you giddy, but it's not over yet. ;)
    3 5 on 3 goals in a matter of minutes...wtf...I want Vancouver to win, but something is fucked up in the NHL when 1 team gets so many 5 on 3's in such a short period of time...I will admit I haven't been watching closely...were the 5-3 pp blatant calls of iffy?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    The first 5 on 3 was from a high stick and a trip. While still on the initial PP SJ got a Too Many Men penalty, Van scores again, still on the PP SJ then puts the puck over the boards for a Delay of Game. That's what happens. Vancouver had biased calls through the first period and the start of the second. And San Jose had a bunch of 5 on 3s last game too.
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    The first 5 on 3 was from a high stick and a trip. While still on the initial PP SJ got a Too Many Men penalty, Van scores again, still on the PP SJ then puts the puck over the boards for a Delay of Game. That's what happens. Vancouver had biased calls through the first period and the start of the second. And San Jose had a bunch of 5 on 3s last game too.

OK...wasn't sure...no excuse for to many men...sucks to be SJ.

lukin2006 wrote:

is that edmonton?

Sarcasm, yes/no...just in case it isn't...that is a nickname for us Canadians. I am not sure how it got started..

ha...it kind of was sarcasm. but i actually thought that meant vancouver and not the whole country. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    WooHoo Canucks win, bye bye to Big Joe and rthe rest of the Sharks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    WooHoo Canucks win, bye bye to Big Joe and rthe rest of the Sharks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    lukin2006 wrote:

is that edmonton?

ha...it kind of was sarcasm. but i actually thought that meant vancouver and not the whole country. :lol:

yup...can be referred to the whole country... :lol::lol::lol:, and we like the nickname :P :P.

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Heisenberg wrote:

Sorry Fixer but you are still wrong. You are up 6 pts right now and while it is likely that you will hang on to win, it is not a sure thing. The current lineups not only run through the conference finals but the Stanley Cup Final as well. Goalies get 2 pts per win and 1 for a shutout. If Tampa Bay and Vancouver end up in the final, you could still lose. If TB wins and Vancouver loses, you could lose. Not to mention you and I have 5 other different players in our lineups so if mine outscore yours between now and when the cup is raised, you will lose.
    It's ok...I can understand how for a Flyers fan, being so close to a championship in anything can make you giddy, but it's not over yet. ;)

Just don't get too comfortable where you are either there.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...