NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I always wondered why Detroit never made a strong play for Roy when Montreal traded him...with him between the pipes you guys would have hoisted the cup a lot more than you have.

Probably because Detroit pumped 9 goals behind him the day before he was traded.

He despised the Wings and would have never played for them.

He also liked winning...but he did alright in Denver...besides where would you rather live Denver or Detroit...I think Denver is the obvious choice.
    WTF does that mean?? Detroit is a wonderful place to live.. Fuck Denver.. bunch of uppity assheads
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

Probably because Detroit pumped 9 goals behind him the day before he was traded.

He despised the Wings and would have never played for them.

He also liked winning...but he did alright in Denver...besides where would you rather live Denver or Detroit...I think Denver is the obvious choice.
    WTF does that mean?? Detroit is a wonderful place to live.. Fuck Denver.. bunch of uppity assheads

Ease up...don't be offended...if I had my choice between Denver or Detroit it would be Denver...but thats a different thread.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    We all hate people dissing our city.. we get a bad wrap... have you honestly ever been here?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    We all hate people dissing our city.. we get a bad wrap... have you honestly ever been here?

Yes I have...I'm across the river in Windsor...besides I'm not dissing your city...just would choose Denver over Detroit...really not that big a deal...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

Yes I have...I'm across the river in Windsor...besides I'm not dissing your city...just would choose Denver over Detroit...really not that big a deal...
    My tones don't come through the text.. I aint pissed or anything.. I choose detroit..
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:

lol.
    snowboarding > cars
    i'd choose colorado too. ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

lol.
    snowboarding > cars
    Cars win that fight everytime :lol: off subject, but did you know that new york state has the most ski resorts of any state in the US? true..
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Detroit sucks! Número uno abandoned city in the US I believe. Vegas is a close second. Good luck with that!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

lol.
    snowboarding > cars
    Cars win that fight everytime :lol: off subject, but did you know that new york state has the most ski resorts of any state in the US? true..
    yawn.
    i'm from BC ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i'd choose detroit ... you can still get hockey night in canada!! ... :lol::lol:

wow ... i didn't think the sharks could hold on at the end ... they just weren't able to hold leads in this series ... i told my friend last nite in from vancouver that after marleau scored detroit would score within 2 mins ... i gotta say daytsuk is pretty fucking awesome ...

i hope the second half can live up to the first half of these playoffs ... go 'nucks!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Just felt I should point out that 12 of the players in Detroit's lineup tonight are over the age of 30.
    I don't think they will be around long enough to help Howard become a front line goalie.
    Detroit fans don't start to worry about a players age until they turn 40. ;)

I think any judgement of Howard at this point is pretty silly. All I know for sure is that besides the amazing play of Datsyuk, he was the main reason this series went to seven games.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    polaris_x wrote:
    i'd choose detroit ... you can still get hockey night in canada!! ... :lol::lol:

wow ... i didn't think the sharks could hold on at the end ... they just weren't able to hold leads in this series ... i told my friend last nite in from vancouver that after marleau scored detroit would score within 2 mins ... i gotta say daytsuk is pretty fucking awesome ...

i hope the second half can live up to the first half of these playoffs ... go 'nucks!

It's been kind of tepid over in the east so far in the playoffs. Except the success of the Bruins....I just hope another Original 6 team will win the Cup. Go BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Detroit sucks! Número uno abandoned city in the US I believe. Vegas is a close second. Good luck with that!

Their population has dropped something like 25% since the last census...unemployment is one of the highest in the country...property values have plummeted...my Uncle knows a retired Detroit cop and he says so much crime goes unreported because people know the police can't be bothered or don't have time. Not to mention Kilpatrick...now their was an honest man ;).

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Not to break up the "greatest city on Earth" argument but for those of you in the "5 Hole Against 1" Playoff Hockey Challenge, don't forget to reset your lineups before the puck drops tomorrow night.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tampa is no joke boy

if they play like this they will win the cup
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    If Tampa and Vancouver meet in the finals, I win my pool no matter the outcome.

I lost one series so far and that was Montreal/Boston, which cascaded through as I had Montreal in the finals.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lukin2006 wrote:

Their population has dropped something like 25% since the last census...unemployment is one of the highest in the country...property values have plummeted...my Uncle knows a retired Detroit cop and he says so much crime goes unreported because people know the police can't be bothered or don't have time. Not to mention Kilpatrick...now their was an honest man ;).

i'm from the windsor area, too, and i hate seeing detroit looking so rough. it's such a nice city with so much to offer. everyone can knock it all they want, but detroit will always be a kick ass city.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Not to break up the "greatest city on Earth" argument but for those of you in the "5 Hole Against 1" Playoff Hockey Challenge, don't forget to reset your lineups before the puck drops tomorrow night.

Uh, am I reading this correctly? This was the last chance to update for the remainder of the playoffs? Oops. I was just picking players for round 3, not the finals too.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    crap I didnt get my 5against 1in. Was a hellacious week.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    lukin2006 wrote:

i'm from the windsor area, too, and i hate seeing detroit looking so rough. it's such a nice city with so much to offer. everyone can knock it all they want, but detroit will always be a kick ass city.
    huh what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TROIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wings will win it next year, mark my words!
    pjtaper wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    [

huh what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TROIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wings will win it next year, mark my words!

It's nice to have dreams...

MFCarissa wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Uh, am I reading this correctly? This was the last chance to update for the remainder of the playoffs? Oops. I was just picking players for round 3, not the finals too.

I made the same mistake. D'oh!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Heisenberg wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I made the same mistake. D'oh!

I peered at everyone's rosters, and it looks like all of us who updated did the same thing, so at least we are all equally screwed.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:

I peered at everyone's rosters, and it looks like all of us who updated did the same thing, so at least we are all equally screwed.

Well...not equally. One of us is in first place :D
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Go Canucks!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    tampa is no joke boy

I gotta admit I never gave them credit during the year..but theyre surprising me

They definitely have that "Look" in the playoffs

I hate TB

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Heisenberg wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Well...not equally. One of us is in first place :D
    We should have put some money on this, would have pushed me to pay more attention - i didn't get my lineup set either....too bad, it was pretty tight...woulda been fun to follow. I think I have six or seven eliminated players in my lineup :lol:
    What happened to all of our Canucks fans? I mean I know they aren't used to being in the Stanley Cup Conference Finals but did they forget game 1 is tonight? I would have thought for sure they'd be on here with a few "LETS GO CANUCKS!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tampa is no joke boy

I gotta admit I never gave them credit during the year..but theyre surprising me

They definitely have that "Look" in the playoffs

I hate TB

:lol:

YEA THEY WERE UP DOWN UP DOWN AND NOW REAL UP
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Let's GO SHARKS!! That was an awesome Canadian national anthem letting the crowd sing part of it.